Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 11:26 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,184,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If Biden were a man of principle, then the Planned Parenthood videos would disgust him...
LOL! Just like the ACORN videos? The depravity of the right-wing knows no bounds!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 11:28 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Here's the flaw in your thinking. Most liberals don't give a damn what people believe in their personal lives, just so long as they don't attempt to force their own beliefs on everyone else. It seems to be a difficult distinction for those on the right to grasp.
That sure hasn't been my personal experience. You probably just support all the controls the democrats push onto everyday Americans.

Both sides try to manage and regulate those things they do not like.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:34 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,184,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Both sides try to manage and regulate those things they do not like.
Management and regulation are sensible when actual reasons for them can be established. Speed limits, air pollution limits, limits on the size of carry-on luggage. When you get to limits on interference with God's will, things have gone just a little too far.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:35 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Can't rep you, but this is exactly right. He has never stated or given any indication that he will try to establish law based on his own personal religious beliefs. That is the difference between a right winger and a left winger.
That is funny.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:39 AM

50,816 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Democrats used to lodge their support for abortion using the mantra of "safe, legal, and rare." This was a roundabout way of asserting "we don't like it, but it should be legal and it should be the exception not the rule." Now they have dropped all pretenses of wanting abortion to be "rare" and instead have thrown all of their political might behind the notion that abortion-on-demand is actually a net positive for society and therefore must utilized to the highest benefit.

For Biden to stray from Democrats' platform suggests to me that he has willfully put politics in front of personal belief for the last couple decades. I find that to be despicable, especially since he's taking this position in the presence of the Pope's visit.

Biden is not a man of principle, obviously.
We Democrats do not believe -- at least in general -- that abortion on demand is a net positive for society. I have yet to personally hear a single Democrat say that. Every Democrat I know says that abortion is not desirable, but like Joe, we do not feel that our personal religious/moral opinion should dictate the law to all Americans.

And let's face it, you were no Biden fan before this.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:40 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
Management and regulation are sensible when actual reasons for them can be established. Speed limits, air pollution limits, limits on the size of carry-on luggage. When you get to limits on interference with God's will, things have gone just a little too far.
So the limits you want to place on others are ok but the limits others want to place on you are not. Let me guess, you want to control my life for my own good?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

C. S. Lewis

Last edited by shooting4life; 09-23-2015 at 11:50 AM..

Old 09-23-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Biden has always believed that personally based on his religious beliefs. He's never felt compelled to force that through secular law upon others.

I don't know why so many people can't make that distinction in their own mind.
Some are too dumb to understand the difference.

Some ignore it to score cheap political points.

Some are blinded by their own strong feelings about abortion and cannot see beyond their rage.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So that's your stance on things? All right, I've decided that I don't want to let black people eat in my restaurant. I don't want the government interfering with that, either. Sound good?
No. But it's certainly in line with many of your other posts.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:07 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So not one left-wing person objects to Biden's comments, or wouldn't vote for him based on these comments? How do you know this?
I'm still waiting for the outrage you claim.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Finally a Democrat I can respect.

Biden: Life Begins At Conception | The Daily Caller
He is obviously sticking by his strong Catholic beliefs. Good for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies