Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 10:27 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,424,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Do you forget who invited the Pope to speak in Congress? It wasn't a Democrat so if anyone is mixing politics with religion, blame John Boehner. And I am not cheering the Pope or embracing his religion. I just hate the hypocrisy of some people on the right who claim moral superiority to those of us on the left being so critical of a global, moral leader just because he considers environmental issues to be a moral issue. No one is going to agree 100% with the doctrines of a church they don't attend but at least you can show some respect.
I don't have to show respect to anyone for any reason other than they showed respect for me. If I don't know you how can I respect you? I couldn't care any less about the pope or the church or the Vatican or anything of that nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 10:34 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,292,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I don't have to show respect to anyone for any reason other than they showed respect for me. If I don't know you how can I respect you? I couldn't care any less about the pope or the church or the Vatican or anything of that nonsense.
So what you are saying is you're disrespectful to everyone you meet until they have proven that they give you the "proper" amount of respect? Most people who have ever listened to the Pope speak can tell he respects EVERYONE. Is that not a quality you can admire? Church or no church.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,082,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are now arguing the fallacy of where there is smoke, there is fire, even though after 30 years, you are still searching for that fire.
LOL. This response is just stupid. And uniformed. I can only conclude that you could care less how corrupt Hillary Clinton is. Trust me when I say that doesn't look good for you and people like you.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:06 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,988,985 times
Is that why John Bohner cried...again...? I voted for John Kaisck twice here in Ohio to clean up the mess yet another Democratic Govenor made...thinking about it I never remember a Democratic Govenor worth a crap here in Ohio in my lifetime.
As for the Pope this is his job to administrator to the poor like a community organizer if they are no longer poor he would be out of a job thus the goes the cycle of perpetual poverty...Its Big Money?
Can't wait for the Pope apologies tour with Obama for the churches past sins...

Old 09-24-2015, 11:10 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,681,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Is that why John Bohner cried...again...? I voted for John twice here in Ohio to clean up the mess yet another Democratic Govenor made...thinking about it I never remember a Democratic Govenor worth a crap here in Ohio in my lifetime.
As for the Pope this is his job to administrator to the poor like a community organizer if they are no longer poor he would be out of a job thus the goes the cycle of perpetual poverty...Its Big Money?
Can't wait for the Pope apologies tour with Obama for the churches past sins...
Wow. What horrifically bitter attitudes so many of you have, lacking all empathy toward fellow mankind. Certainly not Christian. I like having a president who took some time in his early 20s to understand and help the unemployed before going on to Harvard and University of Chicago.

Obama also never apologized. Watch those speeches. He simply pointed out places where we did not live up to our ideals and pointed out places other countries failed to as well, and then sought to forge a joint path forward.

That's the adult approach, if you ask me.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:17 AM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Capitalism is the greatest economic model in human history and is responsible for lifting billions out of poverty. The poorest person on this planet is better off than the poorest person on Earth in the 1600s, around the time capitalism was developed.

That said, it is time for the GOP to recognize that Capitalism and free markets, for all of its benefits, still leaves people behind and to heed the words of Jesus when he said "the poor you will always have with you." (Mark 14:7)

This is why I am voting for John Kasich, he is a man with sound conservative principles, but has consistently acknowledged that our system still leaves people behind and that they need to be helped.

He`s a corporate ***** just like every other career politician...

Rep. John R Kasich: Campaign Finance/Money - Top Donors - Representative Career | OpenSecrets

Old 09-24-2015, 11:29 AM

78,016 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Bernie Sanders against John Kasich might actually be a good race, but I don't have any faith in the GOP voters when it comes to picking their candidates.
But instead you have Hillary leading the dem pack and her track record on corporatism, offshoring etc. is as bad as anyones from either party.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:30 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,988,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Wow. What horrifically bitter attitudes so many of you have, lacking all empathy toward fellow mankind. Certainly not Christian. I like having a president who took some time in his early 20s to understand and help the unemployed before going on to Harvard and University of Chicago.

Obama also never apologized. Watch those speeches. He simply pointed out places where we did not live up to our ideals and pointed out places other countries failed to as well, and then sought to forge a joint path forward.

That's the adult approach, if you ask me.
That is your mistake I do volunteer I contrbute to charities but one must help themselves at some point.Obama has apologised for our past? Google is your friend...

Old 09-24-2015, 12:03 PM

46,891 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
So suddenly the left thinks it's ok to mix religion and politics. Noted.

Good ideas are good ideas, no matter the source. I don't believe the Carpenter's Son was anything but a troublesome rabbi causing enough trouble that the authorities saw fit to shut him up permanently, but that doesn't mean that the sermon on the mountain isn't replete with good ideas on how to live.

Pope Francis has some good ideas and some relevant warnings, and if he arrived at them through a process of religious thinking, so what? Still OK ideas. Still worth implementing.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And you do have faith in the Dems to pick the right candidate?
I did in 2008, I suspect 2016 to have a similar result, but it really depends on how Sanders gets his message out to the voters. If not, I would be fine with Hillary as president over the Republican pool, and we all know the GOP has an uphill battle with the electoral college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies