Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 09:01 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
How much time did you spend reading the rocky mountain high report.. And the literally hundreds of sources that inputed into the report... Legal medical social... All in there .. evidenced based.

Certainly.. It is your absolute right not to post here...as a matter of fact I heartily suggest it.

Should you care to share the deleterious effects of drug use.. All drugs.. Legal and illegal ..please.. Feel free ..

Should you be dismissed for adding nothing evidential in this thread...

Thought provoking..

Drug users cannot justify drug use..and so their arguments for same generally fall to attacking the messenger

But..please do tell us how good for our world drug use is...

Arrogant.. No.. Drug free..absolutely ..if drug users feel less empowered in life because they know in their hearts they cannot deal with life appropriately sounds like counseling and good drug addiction therapy could help.

Does the reality of Viola... And all the Violas of the world make you nervous?

Most of what I post is fact based.. Sometimes I include opinion.. And generally I say so.. Look above.. It's even highlighted by one of the users

As far as me EVER accepting the mediocrity of drug use personally in our world.. Yes.. I never will.. And I hope most Americans will join me...especially after they feel the full sting of "doper nation"
BBM

NO, doesn't make me nervous.

I believe everyone who is a mess, like Viola needs to hit their rock bottom before they decide it's not in their best interest to drive while under the influence, any influences.

Then the next step is to voluntarily go into rehab, before the courts step in. Whoops, too late for her in this department.

Viola wasn't strong enough/intelligent/caring enough to do what's right, so hoping she's more focused now with a conviction and the impending loss of her child. That's her doing for driving while impaired.

I do wish her the best.

BTW, I've never been arrested, so I guess that's a plus, right?

Last edited by Amythyst; 10-14-2015 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: sp error

Old 10-14-2015, 09:02 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
People who use drugs want so hard to be acknowledged I'm OK your OK psychobabble.
If you read through this thread one theme is those of you that use drugs try to impress upon the rest of us how normal you are..what productive members of society you are.. How well you can perform your job.. How well you can drive what great kids you raise all while having a life where drug use is a focus. Some of you statistically not only use mj but alcohol and perscription drugs.. Some of you potentially drive under the influence... Some of you have criminal histories

And yet you attack the evidence and messenger who brings it

Very telling

To the poster who hasn't been arrested.. Three gold stars and a citizenship award

Vape pens...get real.. Is that all you have ?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:30 AM

307 posts, read 245,758 times
Quote:
People who use drugs want so hard to be acknowledged I'm OK your OK psychobabble.
If you read through this thread one theme is those of you that use drugs try to impress upon the rest of us how normal you are..what productive members of society you are.. How well you can perform your job.. How well you can drive what great kids you raise all while having a life where drug use is a focus. Some of you statistically not only use mj but alcohol and perscription drugs.. Some of you potentially drive under the influence... Some of you have criminal histories

Very telling

To the poster who hasn't been arrested.. Three gold stars and a citizenship award

WOW, don't you see, we are trying to show you that our focus is on 'being productive', 'doing our jobs well',
'raising good kids', and the MJ is just one little tiny pleasure in life that makes us feel good.

How is this, that hard for you to comprehend

BTW - I hate alcohol -it just about destroyed my life, using MJ is what got me away from alcohol. << positive impact!!
- have NO criminal record...my last traffic violation was over 10 years ago

so yeah - as long as you beat the 'Reefer Madness drum', I'm gonna play the I'm just a 'Normal Guy Guitar'

we're gonna be here a long time....

Old 10-14-2015, 09:49 AM

321 posts, read 419,532 times
I don't want this thread to end anymore.

I'm going to quote NMO's status updated 5 days ago:

Status: "It's about your behavior not your drug" (set 5 days ago)

Old 10-14-2015, 09:55 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,019 times
Quote:

Very telling

BBM

No, Officer that is wrong. Not the rest of us, this is for your benefit.

We have tried to show the positive impact it has on those who suffer debilitating diseases/conditions that can ease up with self medication of MJ.

Many have told you, when we smoke we do not get behind the wheel, yet you insist on profiling.

I just told you, never arrested, yet you still say many have criminal histories.

I think you need to stop with the profiling and use your own mindset to mull this over for you are being stubborn in your efforts to demonize a medicinal drug that have given many a better quality of life.

Onward!

Old 10-14-2015, 09:56 AM

307 posts, read 245,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleroy View Post
I don't want this thread to end anymore.

I'm going to quote NMO's status updated 5 days ago:

Status: "It's about your behavior not your drug" (set 5 days ago)
And I kept asking "What's wrong with MY behavior"

NMO's answer was...well, (S)he never answered...

Old 10-14-2015, 10:02 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Most cowboy mj grows also have meth and guns... Funny how they go together
I'm equal opportunity .. I hate all drugs .. Meth users eventually die.. Mj stoners seem to linger forever.. Like the std statistic from above
And why is that, Officer? You know, the part where they "linger forever"?

Old 10-14-2015, 10:29 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,301,121 times
OP's perception on subject

Reality

Old 10-14-2015, 10:44 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Quote:
How much does drug use affect your life... positively... or negatively?
It has been overwhelmingly positive. In fact, I can't really think of any negatives.
Quote:
If you read through this thread one theme is those of you that use drugs try to impress upon the rest of us how normal you are...
Oh, I think I'm anything but normal. Normal around here is NOTHING to aspire to!
Quote:
...what productive members of society you are...
I make six figures, have a small footprint, volunteer, I'm loyal and friendly, I pay a lot of taxes, I don't hurt anyone, ever. I want to retire by age 50, though, so I can get out of the machine that wants 'productivity' above all else. My final 20 or 25 years will be spent working in VR and working against civil forfeiture and other horrid ravages of the War on Drugs.
Quote:
...how well you can perform your job...
Irrelevant, but I'm highly praised and high performing.
Quote:
...how well you can drive...
Very irrelevant. I used to do autocross and I've done a few track days. I want to attend the Skip Barber school or some other driving school. I never even have my celphone ON while I'm in the car. I drove small, light sports cars (and sportbikes), extensions of my own muscles. I concentrate fully on driving, all the time. I've never caused an accident.
Quote:
...what great kids you raise...
Irrelevant, I have no brood. Blissfully child-free. Here are few reasons: 100 Reasons To Stay Child-Free
Quote:
...all while having a life where drug use is a focus...
Strawman. Use of psychoactive molecules is not a "focus." It's true that I've been fascianted by psychedelics, cannabinoids, dissociatives, and empathogens from a neurological standpoint and from a clinical research standpoint for several years, and it's true that I'm a very outspoken critic of the War on Drugs. In my personal life I strive for new perspectives, altered states of consciousness, seeing beyond -- and every now and then these things might involve something from the exogenous molecule toolbox.
Quote:
Some of you statistically not only use mj but alcohol and prescription drugs...
I don't take any Rx drugs. In fact, I haven't had a prescription to anything in over 20 years. Last time I even touched any kind of opiate or opioid was 1994 when I took a few Codeine when having wisdom teeth removed led to "dry socket." I drink infrequently. I don't really do social drinking. I used to really enjoy trying new craft beers, and brewed several batches of my own, but I rarely touch beer now. It's mostly cheap pinot grigio or cheap vodka, where I define my dose and desired effect ahead of time and stick to that. In my house or property.
Quote:
Some of you potentially drive under the influence...
I don't.
Quote:
Some of you have criminal histories...
I don't -- worst thing I've had has been moving violations. Last one was 2006. And one time the guy who played "Skinny Pete" on BB threw a TV at me when we used the key to enter his rental house and remove my sister's things, then filed charges against us, all of which led to nothing. But what of it, anyway? There's "crime" where you didn't hurt anyone and then there's crime where you did. I have and have had friends through the decades who were destroyed by the War on Drugs and the masterminds in LE, and I promise LE were the real criminals in most of these.

You forgot to put forth how unhealthy we must be. I'm 41 and can pass for 25, low fat composition, exercise daily, eat well.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:07 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Quote:
Tell..l forgot to add a postscript to the story of Viola.
Viola was sentenced yesterday for the following 23152 b cvc.. Driving under the influence of drugs... Marijuana >5 ngms,14601 cvc driving while suspended. 16028 a cvc- financial responsibility insurance not in effect
Judge Baker.. A female... sentenced her (1st offense) to 3 days suspended jail time ( which can be reimposed at any time) 120 hrs community service... Alcohol/drug school, completion of mandated dui program,3 years informal probation including the "obey all laws" clause, an interlock device, order to show financial responsibility, one year automatic revocation of cdl,pay costs to the city for the phone pole, pay court costs in the amount of $2934.00 ... Which she cannot pay so she will do..I guess more community service..

In a twist of fate Viola will be before me as a sentenced offender..no special treatment getting what every other convicted DUI gets . she will stand in shame ..and while I will feel compassion for her I'll do my job and she'll do her sentence

Viola a single mother will now face a fight from ex who wants her son.. The above will be great ammo
Viola has lost her job at the gym where she worked.. Now on full public assistance.. She lost a couple of front teeth in the accident .. Not wearing her seatbelt due to mj intoxication. Without insurance and on medi-cal who will ultimately bear that cost.. Violas life will continue to spiral in that now she has lost physical beauty and is but another toothless wonder with a kid and no job on welfare.. It gets hard to dig out..
The city will not recover for the phone pole.. So that's a 3500 dollar cost the taxpayers will eat (and the prior accident she was in injured people who cannot recover from her and why her license was already previously suspended)
Violas family will now have the burden of a thirty something adult to transport her and her child everywhere.. Her car sustained heavy damage in the accident

Tell Viola why mj was so good for her in treatment of addh.. And the doctors lack of responsibility about driving with it in her system .. Hmmmm mj and driving.. And many of you say you drive fine with mj in your systrms

Tell me please.. How the permissiveness of this narcotic was a great treatment modality..

And tell me why this is being repeated daily..hourly..by the minute across the US... And tell me please what the true cost of adding another drug that will be and is highly abused in our society..

Yes.. Tell me how good that is for all of us

It's behavior.. That's what law is all about ... Mj behavior is indefensible.

Tell me why?

130 million people today in the US will use legal or illegal substances to medicate/_self medicate today as a part of their normal existence... Another 200 million will not. We..those who celebrate sobriety or holistic drug free living do not wish to be affected by stink weed. I also noted roughly the same amount have std's...hmmm any correlation to risky behavior ...
Once again you show me someone advocating for pot heads to get behind the wheel of a car and then you have an argument. Personal responsibility or I should say lack of it seems to be your friends real issue not the fact that she was on weed. Unfortunately it is easier to blame drugs or lack of drugs than to accept the fact that we are becoming a country of enablers who blame everything and everybody while ignoring the person actually responsible.

I know a small time con artist, have run across him multiple times over the last 20 years, and have watched him con plenty of people, and volunteered to be a witness to a couple of his victims. He gets caught, he blames it on his drug problems, his problems finding a job, problems supporting his kids, and convinces people that he is now under psychiatric care and is now attended church and has found god and they let it go with him walking away with a few hundred to a couple of thousand dollars everytime. It was just terrible circumstances that created his issues, he never has to take responsibility. You are just like his victims, blaming weed instead of the person who knew the possible consequences of her actions, but still choose to do what she wanted. You are enabling that action, and are a part of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies