Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 10:19 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Or, read and understood the Bible, not just to preach but practice... Something that is a tall order for the "Christians" for political convenience.
As far as I am concerned that is what most of the organized religions do, is organize the people. Although not perfect, seems to me majority of Christians are the ones who take help to those in need. They supply Red cross and organizations like those to operate. They operate the hospitals and other medical care places. All this is done with color, race and religion put aside.

With this being said, what has Farrakhan or the likes of Castro of this world done for their people?

As for the Pope dismissing these people he probably could tell they are luke-warm Christians. All one has to do is look at San Francisco a once beautiful city, over un by illegals and drug addicts. Pelosi's idea of helping the poor was "clean needles" one has to ask........... WWJD?

Old 09-25-2015, 12:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The man is looking to save souls...but first, you actually have to have one to save! LMAO

I'm not religious by any means but the Pope is all right by me.

[]

Old 09-25-2015, 12:52 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
A

With this being said, what has Farrakhan or the likes of Castro of this world done for their people?
Their people, how do you define that as a race or nationality or just members of their organizations? I dare say while they might say to believe crazy things the average convert to the Nation of Islam is much better off than his brother who is getting ready to go back to his gang then to prison or the grave.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:22 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
He had lunch with the poor and downtrodden?

Well gosh, was Hillary there? I heard she was broke and destitute not too long ago.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:31 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,052,966 times
Ahh, those communion wafers aren't very filling anyway !

Old 09-25-2015, 03:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
But I'm the jerk for saying "lofty!"
Agreed
Thanks for serving up that softball.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:58 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Just for the record, this Pope RARELY dines with world leaders, in fact typically refuses.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:09 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Their people, how do you define that as a race or nationality or just members of their organizations? I dare say while they might say to believe crazy things the average convert to the Nation of Islam is much better off than his brother who is getting ready to go back to his gang then to prison or the grave.
My guess Farrakhan has many followers, not just members who like him. He has built nothing that pulls all people together. Preaching constant hate for others and blaming others for people not getting ahead is $$$ in his pocket.......this is not honesty or respectful. People reject this kind of hate from the White Supremacist, not sure why hate from other groups are accepted.

How about Farrakhan buy up blocks of houses in a run down neighborhood and bring people to fix them up and rent them out. Open up stores that have been shut down and hand out jobs to the locals.

My guess there is no money in it......spreading hate is much more profitable. I really don't expect an answer.....

Old 09-25-2015, 04:13 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
As far as I am concerned that is what most of the organized religions do, is organize the people. Although not perfect, seems to me majority of Christians are the ones who take help to those in need. They supply Red cross and organizations like those to operate. They operate the hospitals and other medical care places. All this is done with color, race and religion put aside.

As for the Pope dismissing these people he probably could tell they are luke-warm Christians. All one has to do is look at San Francisco a once beautiful city, over un by illegals and drug addicts. Pelosi's idea of helping the poor was "clean needles" one has to ask........... WWJD?
I have seen "helping to promote religion" is not limited to Christianity, albeit they might be the worst among them. There are some religions, however, that do so selflessly, and not a single question asked. No expectations, no BS.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:31 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
The man is looking to save souls...but first, you actually have to have one to save! LMAO

Pope Rejects Lunch with Boehner, Pelosi, McConnell, Reid: He will be Dining with the Homeless
I don't blame him for not wanting to sit across from McConnell and Boehner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies