Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 07:14 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times

Advertisements

Have you ever noticed that any time a Democrat organization is found doing something wrong the defense of that party is that someone mentioned they did something wrong. I guess some of us missed the memo stating that we are never supposed to see the amoral things Democrats are doing such as murdering babies and using their body parts for profit or illegally refusing to use secure e-mails.

If you don't like for us to point it out STOP DOING IT!

And if you are somebody that is defending either of those things, you need to check your moral thermometer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 07:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Have you ever noticed that any time a Democrat organization is found doing something wrong the defense of that party is that someone mentioned they did something wrong. I guess some of us missed the memo stating that we are never supposed to see the amoral things Democrats are doing such as murdering babies and using their body parts for profit or illegally refusing to use secure e-mails.

And if you are somebody that is defending either of those things, you need to check your moral thermometer.

Abortion is legal. Using federal funds for abortion is not.

Selling fetal tissue is legal. Profiting from the sale is not.

Has a court determined PP has used federal funds for abortions?
Has a court determined PP has profited from the sale of fetal tissue?

I am as interested in the organization that edited the tapes as I am the above questions.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:51 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:

No, you need to check yours.

PP has not been tried on the facts and convicted of law breaking. Assuming someone is guilty of a very serious offense w/out a trial is wrong.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:49 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
With that insurance, women can go to Drs offices. That makes PP unnecessary.

Relevant services provided for free (no copay or deductible) with Obamacare insurance:

Breast Cancer Mammography screenings every 1 to 2 years for women over 40

Cervical Cancer screening for sexually active women

Chlamydia Infection screening for younger women and other women at higher risk

Contraception: Food and Drug Administration-approved contraceptive methods, sterilization procedures, and patient education and counseling, as prescribed by a health care provider for women with reproductive capacity

Domestic and interpersonal violence screening and counseling for all women

Gonorrhea screening for all women at higher risk

HIV screening and counseling for sexually active women

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) DNA Test every 3 years for women with normal cytology results who are 30 or older

Sexually Transmitted Infections counseling for sexually active women

Syphilis screening for all pregnant women or other women at increased risk

Urinary tract or other infection screening for pregnant women

Well-woman visits for women under 65
I am sure you want to know all the facts and issues.

Quote:
Millions fall in the Medicaid gap in states that didn’t expand Medicaid, and millions more have yet to get coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace.

Quote:
A private doctor may require a copay and an appointment. Paying up to $100 to see your doctor in order to ask them for free birth-control provided through one’s insurance, or getting a free STI screening, is much less free if your cost includes a doctors appointment. (Only one free wellness visit is offered each year under the ACA). Also your doctor may not have the necessary community knowledge to offer the same level of care and support that Planned Parenthood can.
Do We Still Need Planned Parenthood? - Obamacare Facts

Old 09-30-2015, 09:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
There are only about 700 PP clinics. There are well over 13,000 public health clinics. There are 18.5 times more public health clinics than PP clinics. It's FAR more likely that the poor will be closer to a public health clinic than a PP clinic.

http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/

Furthermore, now that we have Obamacare which covers women's health services, women can go to Drs offices, as well, giving them even more access to health care. PP is redundant and unnecessary. Why waste taxpayer money on duplication of services?

IF some people think PP is so necessary (it isn't), then PP supporters can step in and put their money where their mouths are. Step up to the plate, donate, and fund PP via a private foundation. I'm pretty sure all the limousine liberals would support the cause. Regular everyday liberals should, too, if they so strongly believe PP is necessary (it's not, as I've already shown).
Listen here, I've been to so e several different public health clinics, even those connected to universities and they are horribly ran and not often cheap options. Well cheaper than the ER but it can still be a hundred or so for routine care visits (flu and other normal illness) if you fall within one of Obamacare's gaps (unexpanded Medicaid, state Medicaid restrictions, make too much above the poverty line but fall into one of the legitimate hardship cases). And we wonder why many of us don't do flu shots and get sick but fight through it every flu season...

As for your response, I'd like to see individual states try to "opt out" of publicly paid for Planned Parenthood and see what happens than fully gutting it like you and other libertarians or conservatives want to. As several others stated, my case isn't always the case and Planned Parenthood is actually the closer option and more often, the more economical for the individual.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:54 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am sure you want to know all the facts and issues...
That's what the well over 13,000 HRSA-referred no/low cost health clinics are for.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:55 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:

You need to check your reality thermometer. None of the things you are saying are true. "Babies" are not being murdered because an unborn fetus is not legally a baby. "Body parts" are not being sold for profit, although tissue is being donated for research and associated costs are being paid. Oh, and no one broke a law by "refusing to use secure e-mails" either.

You can repeat lies as many times as you want, they still don't magically transform into the truth.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:56 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Listen here, I've been to so e several different public health clinics, even those connected to universities and they are horribly ran and not often cheap options.
PP is even LESS inexpensive, and I've explained why...

PP only offers free/sliding fee scale services if you CAN provide proof of no/low income by: 4 weeks of pay stubs, proof of the receipt of unemployment benefits, or documentation (Dr affidavit or SSDI status) that you are unable to work.

Illegals working for cash and high school and college women typically can't meet any of those requirements.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:00 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
PP is even LESS inexpensive, and I've explained why...

PP only offers free/sliding fee scale services if you CAN provide proof of no/low income by: 4 weeks of pay stubs, proof of the receipt of unemployment benefits, or documentation (Dr affidavit or SSDI status) that you are unable to work.

Illegals working for cash and high school and college women typically can't meet any of those requirements.
College women could get university clinics though the two I've been to weren't anything to write home about besides how close they were... The illegals you have a point but most times they end up in the ER and skip on the bill anyway...

Old 09-30-2015, 10:00 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Moot point now, anyway. Obamacare covers womens health care (see my prior post). Women can go to Drs offices for their needs. PP is redundant and unnecessary.
If you are a childless adult, non disabled, non elderly, earn less than $14,670 a year and you live in one of the 22 states that did not expand medicaid you not not covered by Obamacare or any other health plan. Your access to medical care is limited to charity clinics or emergency rooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies