Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 07:32 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
On the unsecured border and the "political blah-blah" that has more to do economics and the moving us into 3rd world status, loss of jobs to illegals, anchor baby drain on the public assistance teat by those babies from cradle to grave, etc. not so much that they will violently take over.

Ah, I don't think it is Congress that is making "executive orders" that are jeopardizing our country. Sadly, government, all of it at this point is "for sale". Oh, and the Supreme Court needs to be reigned in.

People are looking harder at choices for the next election so they are waking up.
Don't worry. Reagan had way more Executive Orders. He also introduced czars and gave amnesty to millions of refugees because he personally believed it was just.

That all turned out fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 07:36 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Obama is the threat. Only Bots are still swooning.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:51 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Obama is the threat. Only Bots are still swooning.
Oh I know, Obama is the root of all your problems.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:57 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh I know, Obama is the root of all your problems.
OFA posters are the worst BOTs.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:08 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Well Republicans are in control of Congress, that has been pretty threatening.....
Link that this is why they feel threatened?
Or is this just more O-cult speak?

Old 09-25-2015, 08:13 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Let's see, the right-wing media continually broadcasts that we should be afraid of the government and then there is a poll that shows half are afraid of the government.

For me, I am more afraid of powerful corporations, who I don't elect, more than the government, who I do elect.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:29 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Let's see, the right-wing media continually broadcasts that we should be afraid of the government and then there is a poll that shows half are afraid of the government.

For me, I am more afraid of powerful corporations, who I don't elect, more than the government, who I do elect.

The wealthy elite/powerful corporations decide who is going to run, so you don't have any real say on who you elect. You really don't have any more say on who is going to hold public office, than you do over who the corporations hire as their employees. All the politicians work for the wealthy elite, and the powerful corporations.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:52 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Link that this is why they feel threatened?
Or is this just more O-cult speak?
As soon as someone links why this useless poll means anything. This poll is just garbage that isn't based on any reality.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:54 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Until they repeal the Patriot Act, I don't blame anyone for feeling threatened.
This is why I will NEVER vote for another Bush for President. They have no idea what freedom or liberty is about.

If it came down to Boosh vs The Hildebeast this strong right wing republican would vote for Hildebeast just to protest.

I do not think I am alone either.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:31 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Well Republicans are in control of Congress, that has been pretty threatening.....
the poll states people are afraid of the fedguv, it made no distinction as to party or branch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Until they repeal the Patriot Act, I don't blame anyone for feeling threatened.
Congrats on voting for Obama and his extension of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

Powerful corporations made possible and protected by the government you so worship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies