Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 02:08 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
What makes me sick is there are actually people in this country in today's day and age that are actually full blown racists, xenophobes, homophobes, Islamophobes, etc. I guess growing up a conservative in CA is different from the deep south. In this area you don't act like a jackass and stick your nose into others private business.
Then there are the people who are all for diversity unless it's diversity of opinion plus those that apparently fell off their high horse once too often.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:11 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
I think the forum is pretty evenly balanced though I do feel that many of the more conservative, libertarian leaning posters are just more obnoxious and post more than other people. So it looks like there are more righties when really there isn't.

We have a few right wing serial posters and outside of them there are about 3-4 pretty racist serial posters who claim to be conservative too.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:13 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
So instead you choose to associate yourself with baby butchers and Islamofascist sympathizers. Way to go.
Ive never voted for a Democrat in my life, but this forum really has had me reconsider very closely.

With regards to your two points:

You can look at any of the threads in this forum regarding Israel and see where my support lies. That doesn't mean I'm afraid of Muslims in this country and think they're trying to impose sharia on us and take over the world.

I do support the right of women to be in control of their own bodies and the need for legalized abortion. Going back to the 19th century and back alley abortions is not going to help anyone.

Nice try though, gramps.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Up until the re-election of Barack Obama, I'd've said the reason for the forum being right-of-center (to the extent that it may be) is because America is a center-right country. I'm not so sure that's true anymore.

Frankly, I don't think this forum tips all that much to the right, anyway; I think it's pretty evenly balanced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
It seems pretty balanced compared with others that are out there.
i agree, this forum is rather evenly balanced on the whole. there are times when one side stands out over the other though, but on balance, all things are relatively equal.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-28-2015 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 09-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Ive never voted for a Democrat in my life, but this forum really has had me reconsider very closely.

With regards to your two points:

You can look at any of the threads in this forum regarding Israel and see where my support lies. That doesn't mean I'm afraid of Muslims in this country and think they're trying to impose sharia on us and take over the world.

I do support the right of women to be in control of their own bodies and the need for legalized abortion. Going back to the 19th century and back alley abortions is not going to help anyone.

Nice try though, gramps.
Lately noticed some lefties Very concerned with the tides of immigrants from islamic countries... and there has always been righties that arent calling for the repeal of roewad..

Old 09-28-2015, 02:21 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
Considering the polls, I think many of them can be considered poorly-written, or the choices are much like an election; hold your nose and choose the one you dislike least. I've seen quite a few of those in my time here. Often, I'll try to just read the thread and not comment or vote. Some people prefer to vote anyway.

I don't really see this forum as leaning one way or the other, not consistently, at least. I think a lot of it has to do with who is posting at the time and who chooses to engage a particular topic or poster. Certain posters here certainly have the capability to get under other posters' skin. Some are intentionally inflammatory but not to the point of violating the TOS. Just jerks, if you will.

And rbohm is correct. You will never eliminate those who are at the far ends of the spectrum. That's just a fact of life.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I think the forum is pretty evenly balanced though I do feel that many of the more conservative, libertarian leaning posters are just more obnoxious and post more than other people. So it looks like there are more righties when really there isn't.

We have a few right wing serial posters and outside of them there are about 3-4 pretty racist serial posters who claim to be conservative too.
I definitely think this is a big part of it. Whenever I open up a thread and its the same half dozen posters spouting the same moronic stuff it just hurts my brain how dumb society is these days. I guess when you have a few loud mouth morons it can really make a problem seem worse than it really is.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:23 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
My theory is its full of old retirees with nothing better to do, but I'm really not sure. Any other ideas?

When you are standing far left, EVERYTHING looks "right wing" to you.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Lately noticed some lefties Very concerned with the tides of immigrants from islamic countries... and there has always been righties that arent calling for the repeal of roewad..
There are also liberals that think Israel is an apartheid state and we should embargo them. They're idiots.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:28 PM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
My theory is its full of old retirees with nothing better to do, but I'm really not sure. Any other ideas?
Simple, it reflects that just more than half the American people share conservative views.

Though I doubt the liberals are not fully represented on CD.

Then again there are more than just two extreme catgories at work here. I know liberal view is all or nothing at all with no common ground recognized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies