Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 12:19 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Please show me how Hispanics have not assimilated into the US as you slam down your Margeritas and Taco Bell food on Cinco de Mayo while booking your vacations to Cancun again?

They have from a standpoint of welfare, disability, EBT and WIC.

Few learn English and they get positions now in the service industry and cut out Americans from jobs because now Spanish needs to be known because there is a huge EBT market for them (at least in CA).

Went to Boston and none of this BS is going on, there were few Hispanics and Americans were doing all those jobs.

No dole for anyone coming into our country. Let them go home if they start to starve.
By law they are to be at 125% over the poverty line or no residency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 12:20 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Or those Boston Bombers? Weren't they Muslim?

Can you imagine a guy killing his 2 daughters to protect his honor ?

Two girls murdered in Texas taxi: Were they honor killings? | Reuters
We could go on with this all day long. I know there are plenty of parents in this country that kill their children for things like insurance money, or just wanting to no longer have a child, but this thread is about people not wanting to assimilate, and killing kids because they're becoming too westernized is not assimilating. In many cases, the entire family participates, and it is acceptable in their Muslim cultures. I do not believe all Muslims do it, but some do and consider it a part of their culture.

Daughter in alleged honor killings appears in court - Houston Chronicle

America

Old 10-01-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
They have from a standpoint of welfare, disability, EBT and WIC.

Few learn English and they get positions now in the service industry and cut out Americans from jobs because now Spanish needs to be known because there is a huge EBT market for them (at least in CA).

Went to Boston and none of this BS is going on, there were few Hispanics and Americans were doing all those jobs.

No dole for anyone coming into our country. Let them go home if they start to starve.
By law they are to be at 125% over the poverty line or no residency.
Just wait until this stuff starts happening in places like Boston. Maybe then people will see, and it will be too late. Until then, you and I must be racists for saying it.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:23 PM

659 posts, read 312,587 times
Source please.

"In Europe where they've been taking in Sharia believers for a time now there has been great increases in rape, abuse, deaths and they've had their stabbings and beheadings with Sharia followers."

I have not heard this claim reported before. I would appreciate the source of this information.

Meanwhile, this is more often and more recently what I see being reported...

Germany’s Ministry of Internal Affairs is blaming right-wing extremist demonstrations, aimed especially at asylum seekers, for the growing number of attacks on refugee shelters.

Two German residents in the building safely escaped. Several members of the Merkel government issued sharp criticisms of the attack, and called on citizens to stand to against right-wing extremism.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
"I rarely hear them speaking English either out in public."

Fear not, it's a generational thing...

I was raised in a Spanish speaking household. I was born in this country (Chicago), and grew up speaking English too, at home and at school. My parents are not as young or well to be walking the streets these days, but back when they did, they most often spoke their native language, Spanish. That's just what people do in general, whether they are bi-lingual or not.

Of course the kids will also speak the "other" language if this is shared among their friends and family, but the next generation that gets through school in America will usually be bi-lingual. If you haven't talked to any of these people, especially the kids that often do the translating for their parents, you need to get out more...

Also, don't lose too much sleep, because the sound of a foreign language is not in itself any serious threat to life or limb.
I know this is true in most cases. When I was younger, I had many Hispanic friends with grandparents who spoke no English, parents who were raised and educated here that were bilingual, but the kids spoke no Spanish at all. They were as American as apple pie (and so were their parents actually). With my children's friends, it doesn't seem to be that way at all. There is no push to assimilate, and greater numbers of immigrants so not as much need to assimilate. More and more seem to think we stole their land and they're just reclaiming it. Mexico was in charge of Texas for about 15 years, but whatever.

We will see what it's like in a couple of generations. Maybe it's just a new wave and they will assimilate and be proud, but I think the country is changing.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:34 PM

Again, don't lose too much sleep, because the sound of a foreign language is not in itself any serious threat to life or limb.

I have traveled where I couldn't understand a word most people were saying, and I made it out pretty much safe and sound.

Here in America, nobody seems to care whether the person that brought that lettuce or strawberry from farm to market speaks English, but oh if that person in the back kitchen cooking our food or washing our dishes can't speak English, we're all in a twist?

Not sure I understand this obsession and impatience for assimilation...

Old 10-01-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Source please.

"In Europe where they've been taking in Sharia believers for a time now there has been great increases in rape, abuse, deaths and they've had their stabbings and beheadings with Sharia followers."

I have not heard this claim reported before. I would appreciate the source of this information.

Meanwhile, this is more often and more recently what I see being reported...

Germany’s Ministry of Internal Affairs is blaming right-wing extremist demonstrations, aimed especially at asylum seekers, for the growing number of attacks on refugee shelters.

Two German residents in the building safely escaped. Several members of the Merkel government issued sharp criticisms of the attack, and called on citizens to stand to against right-wing extremism.

If you haven't seen reports of increases in rapes in Western European countries, then you aren't paying attention. In one place in England, fear of being labeled racists made the local authorities basically ignore rapes and forced sex rings of poor white girls go unpunished for over a decade.

Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 children exploited, report finds - BBC News

Old 10-01-2015, 12:37 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Wanting to Preserve Your Way of Life Does Not Make You Racist or
Fascist
Maybe not, but a lot of the replies do.

Last edited by carterstamp; 10-01-2015 at 12:51 PM..

Old 10-01-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Again, don't lose too much sleep, because the sound of a foreign language is not in itself any serious threat to life or limb.

I have traveled where I couldn't understand a word most people were saying, and I made it out pretty much safe and sound.

Here in America, nobody seems to care whether the person that brought that lettuce or strawberry from farm to market speaks English, but oh if that person in the back kitchen cooking our food or washing our dishes can't speak English, we're all in a twist?

Not sure I understand this obsession and impatience for assimilation...
I'm not afraid of a foreign language, but I am afraid of having to learn one to be employed in my own frickin country.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:54 PM

Default Reading comprehension problem perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If you haven't seen reports of increases in rapes in Western European countries, then you aren't paying attention. In one place in England, fear of being labeled racists made the local authorities basically ignore rapes and forced sex rings of poor white girls go unpunished for over a decade.

Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 children exploited, report finds - BBC News
I don't know about everyone here, but it seems we may be dealing with a comprehension problem or something, because I believe this discussion has been mostly about Syrian refugees. To throw out the suggestion that these refugees should bring fear of rape, and then to offer up this article as evidence is truly a demonstration of some serious mental shortcoming. I don't know what else to make of it...

This article is about sex-exploitation and trafficking that goes back to 1997! A serious problem, no question. Unfortunately this too is a problem that has plagued the world for some time now, but to associate the Syrian refugees with this problem?

The perpetrators of these sex crimes were Asian!

"The inquiry team noted fears among council staff of being labelled "racist" if they focused on victims' descriptions of the majority of abusers as "Asian" men."

What's next, the call to ship all Asian Americans back to China now too?

And then the nerve to suggest I'm not paying attention.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies