Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 04:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I hate to rush to judgment, but I really am starting to feel that Ms. Davis and Liberty Counsel aren't one hundred percent truthful at times. Does anyone else get the same idea?
It's OK to lie, embellish, stretch the truth, be less than truthful, make stuff up, tell a fib and say whatever you like, even if it's absolute hogwash, if you're doing if for Jesus. You hadn't heard?

Ms Davis shook hands with the Pope and decided to make it sound like she had a 15 minute private audience with him during which he practically bestowed sainthood upon her special self.

St Kimmy. Patron Saint of Homophobic Fundamentalists.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:55 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Kim Davis needs to pray fo forgiveness for lying about her visit with the Pope. She seems to be like a lot of evangelical Christians, making things up. I've scraped dog crap off my foot that has more integrity than Davis....

Old 10-02-2015, 04:57 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am surprised that anybody wants to identify with Davis if half of this article is true: Kim Davis conceived twins in adulterous affair with lover then married him | Daily Mail Online.
In general, I'd be cautious about relying on the DM. They're a scandal rag, and they're going to put the worst spin on everything, to put it mildly.

What Davis says about her past is that she regrets many things she's done, has repented, and is now leading a godly life. This is a common christian attitude.

There are lots of things to disapprove of about Davis, but I for one don't hold her more adventurous past against her.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:04 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
In general, I'd be cautious about relying on the DM. They're a scandal rag, and they're going to put the worst spin on everything, to put it mildly.

What Davis says about her past is that she regrets many things she's done, has repented, and is now leading a godly life. This is a common christian attitude.

There are lots of things to disapprove of about Davis, but I for one don't hold her more adventurous past against her.

Right. Its just that "living a godly life" has its own little bigoted interpretation to the likes of Saint Davis.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:12 PM

592 posts, read 502,286 times
According to Vatican's response the only people he met privately during that particular time were a gay couple who one of the partner's was known to the Pope and was a former student

Kim Davis "meeting" seems to have been a generic walk and greet line. You may call it embellising, but it's looking more like lies to advance one's position from the Davis Camp.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Right. Its just that "living a godly life" has its own little bigoted interpretation to the likes of Saint Davis.
That's true! I just don't like ****-shaming - a person's sex life is their own business. Also, we've all been known to change significantly between our 20s and our 40s, and I don't see that her past behavior has a lot of relevance to her current situation. Except for the observation that you'd think a person with her past might be a bit more charitable toward people she sees as sinners.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:22 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I don't think he told her to "stay strong".
Or, that may just be a general phrase he uses. It could apply to countless situations and needs.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Here's the scoop. She did not have a "private meeting" with the Pope, it was a meet and greet. The encounter has been embellished quite a bit. IMHO, It wasn't much more than a quick "How do you do".

Vatican: Pope Met With Gay Student, Partner in Davis Twist - ABC News

The Vatican on Friday distanced Pope Francis from Kim Davis, the Kentucky clerk at the center of the U.S. gay marriage debate, saying she was one of dozens of people the pope greeted as he left Washington and that their encounter "should not be considered a form of support of her position."

And in a new twist, the Vatican revealed that the "only real audience" Francis had in Washington was with a former student and his family, who later identified himself as Yayo Grassi, an openly gay Argentine who met the pope with his longtime partner and some friends.
The revelations turned the table on the narrative of Davis' encounter, making clear that Francis wanted another meeting to come to light: that of an old student and his "family," who happens to be gay.

The Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, said Francis met with "several dozen" people at the Vatican's embassy in Washington just before leaving for New York. Lombardi said such meetings are normal on any Vatican trip and are due to the pope's "kindness and availability."

And Lombardi said Davis' "brief" meeting that afternoon was by no means a papal endorsement of her cause.
Currently Catholic or not, guess Kim Davis goes to purgatory!

Old 10-02-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Kim Davis needs to pray fo forgiveness for lying about her visit with the Pope. She seems to be like a lot of evangelical Christians, making things up. I've scraped dog crap off my foot that has more integrity than Davis....
No need to belittle dog crap...it serves a purpose.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:56 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's OK to lie, embellish, stretch the truth, be less than truthful, make stuff up, tell a fib and say whatever you like, even if it's absolute hogwash, if you're doing if for Jesus. You hadn't heard?

Ms Davis shook hands with the Pope and decided to make it sound like she had a 15 minute private audience with him during which he practically bestowed sainthood upon her special self.

St Kimmy. Patron Saint of Homophobic Fundamentalists.
Yes ... I've heard of this. It was the philosophy of Ignatus Loyola ... the founder of the Jesuits. And if you've forgotten, Franny is a Jesuit. Seems to me that given all of this, St. Kimmy could be telling the truth after all.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies