Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 09:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
How much stronger do you think auto sales could possibly be?
Does it matter? Do you disagree with me that if the Fed noted......"Interest rates will start rising on (pick a date) no matter what", that people wouldn't expand their major purchases while rates were low?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 09:43 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,658,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Something else for Republicans to complain about.

I like when Republicans are unhappy, ranting and raving. This means that GOOD is happening to the country. Whatever this job report is, you can bet that if a Republican were in the White House, the reports would be SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE.

Only a liberal applauds economic misery. Why? The more poor, dependent citizens, the more democrat votes.

Liberal policy is designed to increase the misery of the nation and thus expand the power of the democrat party.

Productive, employed citizens have no need for the democrats.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Again, ignore my actual arguments to make up your own to argue against. I'm not going to discuss things that way.
I ignored nothing, and if you believe I did, tell me what specifically I ignored and I will respond to that point for you.

But as I said, the date you are using is re nomination, you called it reappointment. They are not the same thing. renomination means nothing to the date Bernanke would leave office. Bernankie would not have left office until Jan 31, 2010 even if your scenario had played out. Which is a year from when President Obama took office as I previously stated.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I ignored nothing, and if you believe I did, tell me what specifically I ignored and I will respond to that point for you.

But as I said, the date you are using is re nomination, you called it reappointment. They are not the same thing. renomination means nothing to the date Bernanke would leave office. Bernankie would not have left office until Jan 31, 2010 even if your scenario had played out. Which is a year from when President Obama took office as I previously stated.
They were the same thing......if Obama had said in August that he was picking (fill in the blank) because he had no faith in Bernanke because he had just failed in his job in historic proportions, Bernanke would have resigned. 6 months, 1 year, 2 years is irrelevant. He never should have been allowed to continue.

I would have asked him to resign on Jan 21 2009. He would have.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:59 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,749,500 times
It's all good.. Hussiens Amerika!

Jobs up only for immigrants, +14,000, down 262,000 for 'native-borns' | Washington Examiner

Old 10-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They were the same thing......if Obama had said in August that he was picking (fill in the blank) because he had no faith in Bernanke because he had just failed in his job in historic proportions, Bernanke would have resigned. 6 months, 1 year, 2 years is irrelevant. He never should have been allowed to continue.

I would have asked him to resign on Jan 21 2009. He would have.
No,they arent. You are assuming that Bernanke would have resigned, and that is a perfectly reasonable expectation, but it is still an assumption, not a fact of when his term actual ends per law.

If you want to debate assumptions and predictions, you can, but you need to use the right terminology. You can not call a rose by another name, and then tell others they are wrong because they call it a rose.

But you still have failed to address the issue to which your concern is about. You would be asking for a change in the law that would be equivalent to that of changing how supreme court justices become the Chief Justice and being doing so as a political motive.

monetary policy, should not be political and change just because we have a new president.

My bigger concern is that you are using the same dead wood argument conservatives use when it comes to bailouts, the polices you advocate for may very well work sometime in the future, but the immediate consequences would be horrible, and there is no guarantee that we would recover from them.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:01 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,095,071 times
The jobs report sucked. Complain your hearts out.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Something else for Republicans to complain about.

I like when Republicans are unhappy, ranting and raving. This means that GOOD is happening to the country. Whatever this job report is, you can bet that if a Republican were in the White House, the reports would be SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE.
Your standards are far too low..

Old 10-02-2015, 10:05 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,677,172 times
Yeah, the economy is slowing in growth. Tyler Cowen just said that a recession might be imminent.

The U.S. Economic Recovery Now Depends On Consumers | FiveThirtyEight

Old 10-02-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No,they arent. You are assuming that Bernanke would have resigned, and that is a perfectly reasonable expectation, but it is still an assumption, not a fact of when his term actual ends per law.
It really doesn't matter does it since Obama went with Bush's failed Fed chair? Obama failed and we shouldn't be surprised that things are still bad. Until we get away from the idea that the Stock Markets = the economy, things are only going to stay the same at best. Probably get worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies