Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 04:48 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
When this seems to happen almost weekly in this country, when would be a good time to talk about this? Keep your head in the sand and pretend like nothing is wrong.
That's the problem. There never is a "good time" to talk about it. Which is just another way of saying we shouldn't talk about it. Just pretend that there is no problem here, pretend that this is just normal and it happens in every civilized country in the world. Nothing to see here, folks, just another day in America. Move along.

And next week there will be another mass shooting and again we'll be told it's not the "right time" to talk about it...

Old 10-01-2015, 04:50 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We need more Americans and politicians speaking up about this issue and we need to do it now. Why do we need to keep our heads in the sand pretending like nothing is wrong?
Go for it.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That's the problem. There never is a "good time" to talk about it. Which is just another way of saying we shouldn't talk about it. Just pretend that there is no problem here, pretend that this is just normal and it happens in every civilized country in the world. Nothing to see here, folks, just another day in America. Move along.

And next week there will be another mass shooting and again we'll be told it's not the "right time" to talk about it...
Exactly, we have been hearing that it is too soon after every mass shooting until the next one happens, and then it is too soon again. When will Americans and politicians wake up? I am tired of it being "too soon" to deal with an issue that is plaguing our country weekly.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:52 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESK85 View Post
Lack of description of the killer means it was most likely a minority - and possibly a muslim.
Probably black and certainly a moooslim. Why else would he ask religion of his victims? The fact that his skin color wasn't mentioned tells us he was probably black.

If it had been a white Christian?

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Go for it.
I am talking about it and wanting to try to come up with a solution to this real problem, what about you?

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
We are the only so called Civilized country in the world with mass shootings on a regular basis. Something is seriously wrong with the fabric of America. I dislike Obama, but he is right on this one.
And gun control won't solve a thing. It will make things a pain and hassle for law abiding citizens while the criminals still illegal get the guns.

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan
Apparently this school was not a "gun free zone" like so many have claimed in this thread. Oh well, I'm sure they still get all tingly from the thought of another mass shooting as they stroke their guns.

UCC Was Not A 'Gun Free Zone' Because Public Colleges In Oregon Can't Ban Guns | ThinkProgress
Oh look a 2013 link below...you have a 2011 link, but what else could we expect from this poster and THINK PROGRESS...

Guns in schools - frequently asked questions

^^^ 2013 link..I know, I know, facts....

Old 10-01-2015, 04:55 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Guns have been around for centuries. The question is why have mass shootings become so prevalent in our society today. States are continuing to strengthen their gun laws. But - we've seen a breakdown in the identification and treatment of those with mental conditions. In the past 20 years - more medications have been prescribed that sometimes act adversely on these kids with ADD and other psychological problems. Media continues to cover these things 24/7. If I'm nuts and want to make sure I'll get media coverage - I'm going to make sure it's a mass shooting with a gun. If I go after just my intended target - I'll be forgotten about in a week.
Guns have changed a lot in those years. Much more powerful and accurate now. Other countries have mental health issues as well and a lot of mental ill people fall through the cracks. The difference is, those mentally ill people don't have easy access to guns...and when they try to get one...it's noticed.

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Never let a good tragedy go to waste. Obama keeps harping on gun control, when that is not the issue. How many guns did Tim McVeigh use or Terry Nicols? Not one. Yet they committed one of the worst domestic terrorism events in the history of this country. Sooner or later, the loons that are committing these crimes against humanity are going to figure out that it is cheaper and has more potential to kill than any firearm to build either a bomb or chemical gas. When they figure that out, you will see death wholesale. We need to address mental illness in this country and until we do, we can expect more mass killings irrespective of what device is available to the killers.

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESK85 View Post
He is a tyrant and total garbage. Thank God when he will be out of office - it can't happen soon enough!
To be replaced by another Democrat, because your party won't win another presidential election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies