Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 04:56 PM

46,287 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
To be replaced by another Democrat, because your party won't win another presidential election.
And we won't win congress (both houses)...oh wait.....

Old 10-01-2015, 04:59 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, it does. But as a society we have indicated that we're okay with these incidents, so it won't be the last. In the end it will be just one more in a long line.
That's a "Ludicrous" statement. Have never seen anyone that indicated this type of behavior was OK. And yes, it won't be the last, because no one has the answer on how to stop it, and are grasping at straws that make it more possible to do this. The Police knew how to stop him didn't they. They shot him. Gun Laws didn't stop him. What they did do, was likely give him more time to kill more people. The Police never get there in time, so lets disarm the citizens who are there, and may have been able to save lives.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:59 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
We are the only so called Civilized country in the world with mass shootings on a regular basis. Something is seriously wrong with the fabric of America. I dislike Obama, but he is right on this one.

Nope, I think you already forgot about The Beslan School massacre Beslan School Siege: Three Days in September - CBS News

or Terror In Moscow - CBS News

or 10 of the worst mass murders in Canada | Toronto Star

or 10 Worst Terrorist Attacks in India - Deadliest Attacks

or http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...nt-happen-oth/

I could find more if you want

Old 10-01-2015, 05:01 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Your selfishness kills again. Go hug your gun nuts.
Your gun Laws stopped people from defending themselves. Go hug a gun Law.

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
You and I posted simultaneously. You said it better~

But what really pissed me off was his parting comment. "I can't do it alone"

Not that I want it to happen, he already bypasses congress on whatever he wants Obama Vows to Bypass Congress and Rule by Decree

Who the Hell elected him King?
I thought something similar..."I have a pen"...I guess his pen is not working anymore or he is getting scared the Democrats will loose more votes!

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESK85 View Post
Lack of description of the killer means it was most likely a minority - and possibly a muslim.

really? Statistically speaking, the average serial killer is a white male from a lower-to-middle-class upbringing. In fact, over 90 percent of serial killers are men.[LEFT]
Cited from: 11 Common Traits of Mass Murderers and Serial Killers | The Avvo NakedLaw Blog 11 Common Traits of Mass Murderers and Serial Killers | The Avvo NakedLaw Blog
[/LEFT]

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:

profiles of American mass-murderers, whether they leaned to the left or the
right, consistently reveal that the perpetrator had abnormal psychological
tendencies or behaviors
Quote:

In almost every case, the persons were improperly
diagnosed, improperly treated, ignored, not incarcerated for their previous
domestic and criminal acts, or treated with large doses of psychotropic drugs
which have been consistently proven to exacerbate psychotic behavioral episodes.
In fact, most of the drugs used to treat the perpetrators prior to their mass
murder episodes are now required to explicitly reveal on their labeling that
they may cause an “increase in psychotic behavior”.

George unknown

Old 10-01-2015, 05:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Guns have changed a lot in those years. Much more powerful and accurate now. Other countries have mental health issues as well and a lot of mental ill people fall through the cracks. The difference is, those mentally ill people don't have easy access to guns...and when they try to get one...it's noticed.
THIS. All the people on this thread who are saying it's not guns that are the problem, it's the mentally ill--no, it's the fact that guns are so prevalent in our society that it's easy for the mentally ill to get their hands on them.

There are mentally ill in other first world countries, but there are no routine mass shootings in those other first world countries. What is the difference? The easy availability of guns.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:03 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am talking about it and wanting to try to come up with a solution to this real problem, what about you?
I've been carrying concealed every day for 19-years, and I've run out of space for ammo storage. All my weapons are in safes.
This news event doesn't apply to me. What about you?

Old 10-01-2015, 05:04 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
You and I posted simultaneously. You said it better~

But what really pissed me off was his parting comment. "I can't do it alone"

Not that I want it to happen, he already bypasses congress on whatever he wants Obama Vows to Bypass Congress and Rule by Decree

Who the Hell elected him King?
I thought something similar..."I have a pen"...I guess his pen is not working anymore or he is getting scared the Democrats will loose more votes!

Obama should have stopped after showing his sympathy for the family and friends and perhaps tomorrow or the day after start talking about changing the laws for mental heath care and guns and perhaps making family members responsible if they knew about the person having issues and getting or able to get a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies