Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 10:37 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Yea... Funny how the rest of the western world doesn't have the same problem... Oh that's because we have gun restrictions that protect us from the mentally insane!! America needs to grow up!
There are a few of us grownups here. But if you have been reading this thread you realize that we are outnumbered.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:39 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There are a few of us grownups here. But if you have been reading this thread you realize that we are outnumbered.
I honestly do not believe that gun restrictions would help at this point.

We have a cultural problem. We glorify violence, and we suck up the paranoia and fear that the media peddles for a buck. The streets are safer now than when I was a kid, but I heard a woman my age talking about how you just can't let kids out to play " these days. "

Also, we are going to glorify this a-hole loser in the media for weeks while his next copycat jerks the gerkin in his moms basement and plots his revenge because he thinks he's entitled to date the head cheerleader.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:13 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
I have reached the conclusion that nothing on this issue will ever change until we, the people of society, actually decide to take some action.

And we cannot take action because of the conservatives, who will always obstruct everything and who have decided that situations like this are acceptable collateral damage for their political agendas.

So we'll continue to say the same things over and over every other month when this happens. See you all again after the next massacre.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:21 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I have reached the conclusion that nothing on this issue will ever change until we, the people of society, actually decide to take some action.
What action do you want to take?

Old 10-03-2015, 12:33 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why does our country have so much gun violence when other countries don't.

Don't know, but sadly I know your question is a true commentary.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:37 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:

And we cannot take action because of the conservatives, who will always obstruct everything and who have decided that situations like this are acceptable collateral damage for their political agendas.

So we'll continue to say the same things over and over every other month when this happens. See you all again after the next massacre.
Ok Mr. President.

Nighty nite

Oh here's something to dream about. Clean up your damn culture instead of going after the symptoms of the cancerous plaque that Liberal Policies have inflicted on this once great country.

Now take your toys and pouty lips home with you.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Ripping the guns out of the cold dead hands of people like myself with their boot on our necks.

Bet on it.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:41 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Review of all gun control legislation. Close loopholes like the well-known gun show loophole.

National registry of those barred from gun ownership for criminal or mental health reasons required for purchases.

Registry of firearms and ammo.

No gun sale until background checks are fully complete - aka how Dylan Roof was able to get a gun.

No, it's not going to stop all the gun deaths, but we need to start carefully looking at the holes and closing them. Not ignoring them.

And no, it's not "banning all the guns" either.

And then the other part to it is less legislative, but equally requires leadership from influential business, entertainment, other types of figures: begin to seriously change our culture away from being so desensitized by violence. That one is a lot harder, can't be easily coerced, would probably take generations.

But truth is none of this will ever happen anyway; we'd rather keep our massacres.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Review of all gun control legislation. Close loopholes like the well-known gun show loophole.

National registry of those barred from gun ownership for criminal or mental health reasons required for purchases.

Registry of firearms and ammo.

No gun sale until background checks are fully complete - aka how Dylan Roof was able to get a gun.

No, it's not going to stop all the gun deaths, but we need to start carefully looking at the holes and closing them. Not ignoring them.

And no, it's not "banning all the guns" either.

And then the other part to it is less legislative, but equally requires leadership from influential business, entertainment, other types of figures: begin to seriously change our culture away from being so desensitized by violence. That one is a lot harder, can't be easily coerced, would probably take generations.

No such thing as a gun show loop hole. Fabrication of the anti gun lobby talking points. It's called a private party transaction.

Firearms are already registered once sold the first time thru a FFL.

Yup if you can't control the guns control the ammo. Good move. Except for those that reload and make their own. Opps gave more things to outlaw.

Yeah work on fixing the multimillion dollar systems that are already in place. That's a start.

Holes are manufacted BS by poorly created laws. Yes I know you need to fix your mistakes.

Yes your ultimate goal is to create a Utopian Society with no guns in the hands of civilians. I've been on your side I know what you talk about at the parties of the liberal rich, powerful and intelligentsia.

Can't be easily coerced. Opps a leaker.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:00 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Yea... Funny how the rest of the western world doesn't have the same problem... Oh that's because we have gun restrictions that protect us from the mentally insane!! America needs to grow up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why does our country have so much gun violence when other countries don't.
try again people;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies