Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 11:49 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
In the other thread I offered solutions, but you aren't interested in solutions. You are only interested in confiscations. As long as you are not willing to work along another vein, then these shootings will continue. Many of them could be prevented, but if it doesn't include taking someones firearm away from them, then you are interested. You are fine with the carnage unless it is prevented in the way that YOU want it to be prevented.
How about prevented in a way that works everywhere else on the globe where humans live and advanced, prosperous civilization exists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 11:52 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I was sure when 20 little children were gunned down in cold blood that would be the impetus. But instead all we got a bunch of rightwingers claiming it was a hoax. If that incident and the horrible aftermath by the gun lovers doesn't shame us as a country I fear we are beyond hope.
Honestly they don't care. If it's in the womb- they pretend they care and honestly I don't know why. Maybe because they were brainwashed that way. However death outside of the womb is okay. Guns are not a problem, more wars are not a problem- I honestly think they are dim to blood lust. It's of no consequence as long as I have 'my freedoms'.

That incident was the turning point for me. The conspiracy babble made me run away even farther, realizing these people were simply stupid, crazy or a combination of both. National Enquirer crazy is what my mom calls them. What a pitiful way to be. Not part of a solution, just an ornery voice to exclaim no problem exists. Even when 20 little kids got mowed down.

Pretty pathetic, actually. Not what I would call American at all. More like selfish, closeted stupidity cloaked in patriotism. Turn a deaf ear, send my $40 to the NRA, buy as much ammo as I can and hope it goes away.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
And we are talking to people who willingly accept carnage on a weekly basis and just shrug and say, oh, well, there's nothing to be done. Every other civilized country in the world can do it, but we can't. Hmm, I wonder who the next group of students to be gunned down will be? Ah, what does that matter to me as long as I still have my guns...
rubbish. we dont willingly accept the carnage and you know it, that is more stupidity on your part. however, we are willing to do something that will end the carnage, but wont infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens. so when you come up with a plan that does just that, let us know and we will cover your six.

until then stop with the crap about how we dont care, because we do.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:57 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
How about prevented in a way that works everywhere else on the globe where humans live and advanced, prosperous civilization exists?
Thank you for making my point...

Old 10-01-2015, 11:58 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
rubbish. we dont willingly accept the carnage and you know it, that is more stupidity on your part. however, we are willing to do something that will end the carnage, but wont infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens. so when you come up with a plan that does just that, let us know and we will cover your six.

You've already been getting your way for a long time. This nation is awash with guns! The NRA is pretty much all-powerful at this point. And obviously, it is NOT working as far as the outcomes. These kinds of massacres are normal by now...and putting more loaded guns into everyone's hands is not going to make it any better.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
You've already been getting your way for a long time. This nation is awash with guns! The NRA is pretty much all-powerful at this point. And obviously, it is NOT working as far as the outcomes. These kinds of massacres are normal by now...and putting more loaded guns into everyone's hands is not going to make it any better.
You want to sell guns? Threaten a ban or confiscation. You will do more to put guns into the hands of someone who really shouldn't own one than Samuel Colt could ever have produced.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:08 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

So what if there is no grand plan that will work except that you give up your guns? Will you be okay with the carnage then, if it means you get to keep them? That is what is happening right now. And that, my friend, is willingly accepting the carnage.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:14 AM

Quote:
So what if there is no grand plan that will work except that you give up your guns? Will you be okay with the carnage then, if it means you get to keep them? That is what is happening right now. And that, my friend, is willingly accepting the carnage.
As are you for not being willing to look at other possible answers.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:33 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
As are you for not being willing to look at other possible answers.
Well, you're going to have to do better than to monitor millions of kids' on social media, train teachers to look for troubled kids and put in more metal detectors everywhere, which is pretty much all you've come up with so far. Which does zero to address the real problem of there simply being too easy access for too many people to too many guns.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:36 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Quote:
what you people forget is that life has been cheapened over the years through liberal policy. in 1960 prayer was eliminated from schools, in the early 70s we got roe v wade and abortion on demand, since then there has been a war on god, and a war on respect for human life.

how much more violence in movies and on tv are you going to allow? how much more violent thoughts are you going to bottle up in people with the political correctness movement? how much more tension are you going to allow with multiculturalism? how much more violence are you going to allow because you are afraid to step up and tell people enough!!

we have a president that opens his mouth before he has all the facts in a case, and CAUSES tensions to rise.

we have a justice department that refuses to identify criminals with they are black.

we have black activists running around and calling for the killing of cops and white people, and white babies, and NO ONE SAYS A DAMN THING ABOUT THAT.

and then when these people decide to kill a bunch of innocent people, you finally stand up and proclaim loudly that we need more gun control, because somehow in your pea brains more laws means fewer acts of violence. but you are attacking the tool rather than the cause of the problem.

for once in your life, stand up against those that preach hate and violence rather than just let them talk. yes they have a right to free speech, but then SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!! try using your free speech rights to tell the world enough violence, and enough hate and division.

lets stop breaking people down into neat little groups so we can find another way to hate someone that is different from us. you want to end the mass shootings? start with the person that looks back at you in the mirror. what did you do today to help stop the hate? what did you do today to bring people together?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies