Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 12:57 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Southern Plantations are a synonym for today's corporations, but the slavery today is more psychic in nature!

Even after the Blacks were freed, the entire country became the New Mississippi, slavery all over again, but it was circular type of slavery! At least you didn't have to worry about the Sheriff hunting you down and dragging you back to the plantation.

You could move from one plantation to another, similar to today among corporations! But you're still a slave and always will be one! And even if you work for yourself, you're still a slave!
I'm not a slave. If you want to live in some mindset believing that you're a slave, therapy is a good choice.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:10 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Your advice isn't needed. I live frugally and earn a nice living but I can see reality for what it is.

We shouldn't be bailing out corporations that exploit our Government and our workers and can divest from our society completely but since our Government continues to enact policies for their benefit and taxpayers have bailed out these globalist institutions, yes they do owe us.
I agree, I was very much opposed to the bailouts. As to the corporations like I wrote previously they are not beholden to you, me, or America. Our gov. Is enacting policies in an attempt to keep them here, providing jobs for us, just like every other country is doing.

Bill

Old 10-06-2015, 09:41 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
So in your twisted liberal mind a Chinese company, manufacturing a product in Bangladesh, to sell to Chinese citizens owes you part of there profits.

bill
It certainly would owe me a healthy share of the profits if the venture was financed with my money that I loaned Goldman-Sachs!

This is what I do instead of wasting my money running an American company with all the risk that involves and paying American workers who have bad attitude.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:27 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

You are not sure? OK, let me explain to you one more time; if AMERICAN employer goes overseas in search of FOREIGN workers in order to replace his own in exchange for lower payments and bigger profits, he betrays his own people and national interests in the name of money and greed. Was I clear enough now? Do I need to explain how it affects the lives/payments/working conditions/choices of his own people?
What is an "American" employer? Is it owned by the Federal Government? No, it is owned by the stock holders who's majority may not even be "Americans". Maybe the majority stock holders are more interested in there own national interest.
Why do you think some Belgium , or Brit, or Japanese citizen, owes you or America anything?

You seem to have this crazy entitlement mentality when it comes to other peoples businesses.

bill

Old 10-06-2015, 10:01 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
No. That's called earning a living. It's just the way it is.
And of course those that have money "earn their living" differently comparably to those who don't. It's just the way it is.

Quote:
What exactly do you propose should happen in a country to alleviate the word "forced"?

Someone has to WORK and will be, according to your definition of "earning a living" FORCED to.
While your latter sentence is correct, and people WILL BE forced to earn their living, I'd still advise to alleviate a pressure on them. So they wouldn't feel themselves in a grinder like little replaceable screws serving someone else's enjoyment of life. They need to enjoy their lives too. May be not as much as those on top, but never the less.

Quote:
Start you own business if you don't like it.
In the age of Walmarts, cheap overseas labor and corporate takeover? No thanks.

Quote:
But then you are still forced.
We are all *forced* to make our choices; none of us is completely free in this respect. But those with money have more ( and much nicer) choices. And that's the difference.

Quote:
You know, to do something to pay your bills. The upside is you will also help others who are FORCED to work while you are as well.
But that's my whole point that some are forced to work just to make the ends meet and to pay the bills, while others have plenty left to enjoy the life.

Quote:
This thread was about American employees whining about paid vacations or lack thereof.
No, absence of paid vacations ( or insufficient amount of it comparably to other developed countries) is only part of a bigger alarming picture. We have to talk here about low pay, price tag of health insurance, higher education and the rest.

Quote:
This would also be the FIRST time you "explained" anything to me. Try to keep up.
Uh-oh, you right-wing people sound so similar to each other, practically in unison, so it's not easy to keep up with who is who. But I'll try.

Quote:
If an AMERICAN employer goes "overseas" in search of FOREIGN workers to keep his American company and his AMERICAN employees employed? It's because those AMERICAN employees demand $50K per year to work a $25K per year job. So what do you do? Go out of business (and lay off thousands) to employ the ego?

Lay off the middle management because the 1st tier help desk "workers" who don't anything but ask "is your computer plugged in" think they are the foundation of the company and it will fall apart without them?

Nope. You hire outside of the American "I went to ITT/Chubb/2year tech college" ego. You don't have to like it.
So how did American employers ever manage to survive BEFORE the foreign labor popped into picture?

Quote:
This is also why that $15/hour "living wage" to serve a super-sized burger will only last until kiosks/computers take over.
Either that, or the whole business of "super-sized burgers" must go bust, as a prime example of exploitation. As an outdated venture, that doesn't meet the requirements of modern life.

Quote:
Employees become "evil" when they think they could do what their employer does for one day. Right here, on this thread, so many complain about their vacation days or lack there of. Try owning a business and NOT taking a vacation for 8 years. And working holidays (including Thanksgiving, Christmas, 4th of July, Labor/Memorial day, etc….oh, and only getting 4 days off a month).

Ya think?
Yes, *I think.* I think that I'd take this kind of life any day over working in McDonald's.

Quote:
What makes you think that someone who is only qualified to stock shelves should be paid the same salary that the owner of the business is?
I never said that. What I think should happen, is that the difference between the salary of those who "stock the shelves" and earnings of the company owner should not be as obscene as it's a case in the US.

Quote:
Knock it off.

You sound like a family member of mine. Only wants to do the minimum, can't believe we don't take vacations every year (while he and his family takes 4-5 a year) but also can't believe that we live in a much larger house, our kids attend a private school, have college and retirement funds set up and we're good with our SACRIFICES. All about Play Time for him and his…while he whines and can't help but show his jealousy when his in my house. He's lucky I don't charge his ass for having to listen to his "poor me, we just went to Colorado for two weeks…but we have nothing saved for so-and-so's bar mitzvah".

Bite me.
You knock it off)))) I don't want anything to do with those Jewish relatives of yours and I am not really interested in your New Joisey house as nice as it might be. Bite me.

Quote:
Absolutely. I don't depend on anyone other than me, myself and I to be where I am. I don't think anyone who is better off than I am owes me a damn thing.
That's YOUR opinion. But I have mine.

Quote:
Huh? What country do you live in?
Huh? Since when my humble persona determines the quality and worthiness of the country in question? If I currently reside in America, that doesn't mean that it magically turns somehow into New Jerusalem, God's own country of milk and honey you know))))

Quote:
Russia is no example for anything other than it's mail order brides.
It's not? Then what this commotion is all about, Russians in Syria?
Did they send the wrong brides there or shortchanged the order somehow?

Old 10-06-2015, 10:06 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
You seem lonely. And sad.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
What is an "American" employer? Is it owned by the Federal Government?
I would think that "American employer" is an employer that has American citizenship, and it has little to do with the "Federal Government."

Quote:
No, it is owned by the stock holders who's majority may not even be "Americans". Maybe the majority stock holders are more interested in there own national interest.
And that's where I see the problem - those transnational corporations that don't have nationalities ( or any care in the world about anyone or anything except for their own profits.) That's the class that needs to go. Like totally.

Quote:
Why do you think some Belgium , or Brit, or Japanese citizen, owes you or America anything?
No, they should OWE to their own countries, respectively.

Quote:
You seem to have this crazy entitlement mentality when it comes to other peoples businesses.
No-no. No entitlement. They can do whatever they want - after all we all have choices.
But as the poor ( according to some here) are all about the "wrong choices that they make in life for which they have to pay," likewise the choices of these "business people" might turn out to be very wrong. In fact a lot of signs of the world economy indicates this. The bust is coming, and sooner than they might think.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:14 PM

232 posts, read 251,179 times
I'm giggling at those that say to further your education to get a better job with vacation time and better benefits. My husband got a degree last year after four years of hard work and it hasn't helped him one single bit. He's a vet with an honorable discharge, a squeaky clean record, and a college degree and he is working at the same crappy job with ex-cons and high school drop outs. He has a higher education level than the managers and owner. He makes them more money than all of the other employees. He hasn't had a vacation in two years. He gets no raises or promotions because he's not related to the owner. They don't care.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
You seem lonely. And sad.
Don't project your troubles on me. Please.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We just had a thread that said we should be willing to work even though we do not have to so that we can provide for others.

Which is it? We work too much or not enough?
Still no answer to this question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies