Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 03:24 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times

Advertisements

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Benjamin Franklin

Holds as true now as when it was written!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 03:25 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
since you like being a subject, since you live in the UK, why not understand why we the people of the USA kicked the UK out of our country and became free, and not subjects of the crown, like you currently are.

How do you determine that I "like being a subject", "live in the UK", and don't understand the revolutionary war?

I am intrigued.. Maybe you get all your information from your ass?

Old 10-06-2015, 03:51 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
wrong!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

you will find that asian countries have higher rates of rampage killings than the americas
Which country? Anyone with a mass shooting every 2 months?

Old 10-06-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Which country? Anyone with a mass shooting every 2 months?

Actually, here it is every two weeks.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:05 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We became so free and now have the highest mass murder rate of any country, we can be proud.

strange, not many murders out in rural areas, way less than urban centers. I wonder how the murder rate in long island stacks up to the county in which I live?

Old 10-06-2015, 04:51 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Yes, but attitude is not skill or capability is it? if that were the case you would, you know, actually be in the special forces
attitude is important. i may not have the skill set of a special forces operative, but that doesnt mean i wont be just as tenacious in defending myself as they would be.

as i have also said, i may end up losing, but if you come at me with the intent of causing me bodily harm you will know that you have been in a fight, assuming one of us survives.

the marines are taught to analyze, improvise, adapt, and overcome. just because i am not a marine does not mean i cant do the same thing in my life.

so take your stupid arguments that are not worth the time typing, and go away.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
attitude is important. i may not have the skill set of a special forces operative, but that doesnt mean i wont be just as tenacious in defending myself as they would be.

as i have also said, i may end up losing, but if you come at me with the intent of causing me bodily harm you will know that you have been in a fight, assuming one of us survives.

the marines are taught to analyze, improvise, adapt, and overcome. just because i am not a marine does not mean i cant do the same thing in my life.

so take your stupid arguments that are not worth the time typing, and go away.

Actually, if I came at you with a gun and the intention of killing you, you would be dead before you even knew you were in harms way.. That is the unfortunate reality vs. the fantasy.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Actually, if I came at you with a gun and the intention of killing you, you would be dead before you even knew you were in harms way.. That is the unfortunate reality vs. the fantasy.
that depends on shot placement, caliber of the weapon you use, and how many rounds you get off in me before i get to you. unlike in the movies, people dont die the first time they are hit with a slug. for instance, did you know that the best one stop shot round is the .45acp ball round? and it has a one stop shot percentage of 69%. that means that 31% of the time, the shootee is still on their feet moving around and able to attack.

so there is your reality vs fantasy. stop getting your information from hollywood.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:29 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Sure he would Rambo.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:27 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
strange, not many murders out in rural areas, way less than urban centers. I wonder how the murder rate in long island stacks up to the county in which I live?

Other than Colin Ferguson back in 1993 not many, the recent shooting seemed like a rather rural area. Yes rural areas have a lower mass murder rate, was that your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies