Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 02:19 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That US military is not allowed off the leash, victory is not even in our president's lexicon.
Did the Russians hold back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 02:23 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Well the Supreme Court has decided we can infringe on that right, so we will keep chipping away at and make it harder for anyone to get a gun.
Watch your chipping, you don't want to **** us off!

Old 10-05-2015, 02:29 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
Guns kill people.
People disarmed are victims.
1,2,3,4 etc bill of rights.. protect you against governments with GUNS.

when you have the 1st and 2nd you can back up the responses to the 1st.
If you only have the first you have nothing to stop those who IGNORE you.

America is young, give it time for tyranny and big brother to continue and see how long the bill of rights holds your freedom when your disarmed.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:33 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Guns kill people.
People disarmed are victims.
1,2,3,4 etc bill of rights.. protect you against governments with GUNS.

when you have the 1st and 2nd you can back up the responses to the 1st.
If you only have the first you have nothing to stop those who IGNORE you and herd you up like cattle to the slaughter.

True, and I've mentioned this little tidbit many times on these threads. But radical leftists are naive to think that a government that would make such a power grab to do away with the 2nd would let them keep their 1st Amendment rights. Then again, the so-called "party of tolerance" only cares about the free speech that it approves of anyway.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Our military can't seem to get a lid on things in Iraq or Afghanistan, nor could they do so in Vietnam. The British were superior in weaponry, as well as numbers during the American Revolution, and they couldn't win.

How would having guns have helped those who lost their lives in the WTC during the 9/11 attacks?

Old 10-05-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
why do liberals and anti-gun people are so dramatic.....in a country of 320 million people and over 20 million illegals getting kill by a gun is less than 1% unless you live in liberal cities like Chicago, Los Angeles, Baltimore, D.C. with the strictest gun laws in the country and they have the highest crime rates in the country.

what are the odds of dying in traffic?.....many people drive under the influence of some kind of drug or texting their cell phones.......where is the federal government to protect us from that? LMAO!
Why do you deflect so much away from our terrorism problem from within our country by our own citizens with guns?

Old 10-05-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
why would you live in fear of me? i dont live in fear of anyone else, i dont need to. even without a weapon, if someone were to come shooting up a place, i am going to take the attitude of the average special forces operative, "if i run out of ammo, you are still going to have to kill me as i will use ANY means at my disposal to tin the fight".

and yet the US is able to project all kinds of miltary power around the world despite the oceans. go figure.
That is because the US has the largest navy. We control the oceans with our navy. Guns owned by citizens have nothing to do with the US being protected from attacks by other countries.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:24 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Naah; but I had a teacher that actually taught history.

South Korea ..a U.N exercise resulting in a 'draw' with the demarcation line situated at the 38th parallel due solely to the battle of KapYong. A battle that Americans featured in notably by their absence as they and the South Koreans were busy retreating. A battle that saw the raging Chicoms in vastly superior numbers brought to a standstill by WWII battle hardened experienced leaders of Commonwealth troops, with hand to hand combat in some cases.

America did not occupy the whole of the country bringing peace and prosperity in fact, an action where arguably the worst threat from a rogue leader with nukes is still existant and a reality to this very day.

Germany? Did that all by yourselves did ya? Russia might be just one of all the others who contributed who'd disagree and they shouldered the majority of the burden. Germany ended up partitioned with Russia contolling half of it...hardly an example of bringing peace and prosperity to a country conquered and occupied.

Japan....WTF?...you used two nukes that no one else was in possession of at the time.....gonna try that act again any time soon are you?

I had no opportunity, thankfully, to attend the Hollywood School of American History

you mean to tell me life was better behind the Iron Curtain under Soviet rule? amazing!!!!

I'm sure life in North Korea is as good or better than life in South Korea, we had NOTHING to do with that!

Yes, we use 2 nukes to end a war the Empire of Japan started and set up a democratic constitution in Japan and help them set up a very nice economy....I'm sure life in Japan would have been great if Stalin and China got their way and invaded Japan like they wanted to and the only force in the way was the U.S.

but i'm sure you were taught a different history at the BLAME AMERICA For Everything Academy and at Our Troops are GOOD for Nothing Community College.....lol

Old 10-05-2015, 06:57 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why do you deflect so much away from our terrorism problem from within our country by our own citizens with guns?

who is "deflecting"????? we already have criminal laws and the death penalty for killers.......you want more legislation that won't prevent mass shootings from people with NO criminal record?..........how?

Old 10-05-2015, 07:43 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
It did work in Pearl Mississippi before schools were "gun free" zones. of course people like you would rather there be a 0% chance for a shooter to be stopped. It's obvious you just want to ban guns, not protect children or anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies