Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 10:51 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times

Advertisements

She was charged by police with resisting arrest and battery.

At the 1:00 mark in the video it's stated that after the D.A saw the video those charges were dropped. Looks like yet another story where the cops screwed up.

Taxpayers will once again pay the bill for cops acting stupidly. The cops will keep their jobs and receive no punishment.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:58 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Did the cops lose their jobs? Nope! Were the cops arrested for assault? Nope. Did the DA view the tape? Yup. Did the PO's receive any discipline in their department? Nope. Is the city defending the PO's actions,,Yup. Many of you are rushing to judgment without having all the facts. Do I know 100% the cops were right or wrong? No I do not. I do know my above statements are true. Lets see how this all plays out.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:02 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Did the cops lose their jobs? Nope! Were the cops arrested for assault? Nope. Did the DA view the tape? Yup. Did the PO's receive any discipline in their department? Nope. Is the city defending the PO's actions,,Yup. Many of you are rushing to judgment without having all the facts. Do I know 100% the cops were right or wrong? No I do not. I do know my above statements are true. Lets see how this all plays out.
While I agree, what could possibly warrant this type of behavior, I'm sure most reasonable POs wouldn't give a woman a concussion and a brain contusion after stopping her for not wearing her seatbelt? What could possibly make that okay?

Old 10-05-2015, 11:07 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Did you see her behavior in the video? That was savage behavior.
There were two savages in the video, and they were both wearing uniforms.

Punching a person in the face, who is on the ground with her arms behind her back is savage, cowardly behavior. I hope they both get fired.

And btw, how can you be charged with resisting at when you've literally done nothing to be arrested for? What was the charge?

Old 10-05-2015, 11:21 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Did you see her behavior in the video? That was savage behavior.
Can you specifically explain which aspect(s) of her behavior meet your definition of "savage behavior?"

Old 10-06-2015, 12:52 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Absolutely sickening. The camera is the single best weapon citizens have against psycho cops.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:00 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
And btw, how can you be charged with resisting at when you've literally done nothing to be arrested for?
You can be charged with resisting if you resist when an officer attempts to place you in handcuffs, whether you are under arrest or not. Yes, it is legal for an officer to handcuff you when you are not under arrest.

This woman made four mistakes.
1. She inserted herself into a police situation where her presence and input were unnecessary.
2. She knowingly committed a traffic violation.
3. She refused to comply with the officers' directives.
4. Worst of all, she modeled the above-listed behaviors for her children. smh

Old 10-06-2015, 01:09 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
You can be charged with resisting if you resist when an officer attempts to place you in handcuffs, whether you are under arrest or not. Yes, it is legal for an officer to handcuff you when you are not under arrest.

This woman made four mistakes.
1. She inserted herself into a police situation where her presence and input were unnecessary.
2. She knowingly committed a traffic violation.
3. She refused to comply with the officers' directives.
4. Worst of all, she modeled the above-listed behaviors for her children. smh
And that's why she deserved to be beaten in front of her children and suffer contusions and a concussion right?

I'll remember that the next time I'm not wearing a seatbelt a PO is allowed to almost kill me infront of children.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:39 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
And that's why she deserved to be beaten in front of her children and suffer contusions and a concussion right?
The word "deserve" has no place in this discussion. What transpired was the result of her actions, it had nothing to do with what she did or didn't deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I'll remember that the next time I'm not wearing a seatbelt a PO is allowed to almost kill me infront of children.
Common sense dictates that those who don't want to be the subject of a police contact should follow the law. As an old cop friend of mine says, "When you break the law, you invite a peace officer into your life."

Old 10-06-2015, 04:24 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
I just read the part where the woman had called in a complaint on the officer immediately prior to the stop, for cussing at her in front of her kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies