Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 10:42 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,164,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Right wingers are a dying breed. As societies become more civilized and enlightened absolutist right wing ideology is left behind.

only in the urban areas, go out into the country where your food comes from and say that.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:21 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,307,973 times
Americans are to lazy for a revolution. You could have a revolution just by voting by rarely do even 60 percent of eligible voters even bother to cast a ballot. And when people do vote they just go for whatever candidate has the biggest media push most of the time(need those political ad dollars).

Old 10-07-2015, 05:55 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,072,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
I know that not every conservative has extreme right wing ideology. But there is alot of far right rhetoric I read in this forum, with an angry tone to it. I might assume these are the types that want a revolution, to take back the government, restore liberty, fight communism, etc etc. Often with this type of thinking comes "you're either part of the solution or part of the problem".

So for us more liberal leaning bunch, the ones who would vote for Hillary and her gun control, how will we be dealt with in the government take-back revolution? Will we be quarantined or just dispatched altogether?

Show up at my door and find out. I won't be quarantined or dispatched easily.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:17 AM

5,768 posts, read 3,206,204 times
Default Concerns

Quote:
I know that not every conservative has extreme right wing ideology. But there is alot of far right rhetoric I read in this forum, with an angry tone to it. I might assume these are the types that want a revolution, to take back the government, restore liberty, fight communism, etc etc. Often with this type of thinking comes "you're either part of the solution or part of the problem".

So for us more liberal leaning bunch, the ones who would vote for Hillary and her gun control, how will we be dealt with in the government take-back revolution? Will we be quarantined or just dispatched altogether?
What we liberals need to be concerned about is who would be backing this type of extreme action. Take a look at the TV networks. Hillary is one of the anointed ones. The big money backers of trouble would not try to depose her. She is also smart enough with Bill as a trusted asset to have potential insurrectionists like Hannity, Limbaugh, and Reilly quickly brought under control. Remember that in a national emergency the president can be dictator for six months. A lot can happen in six months.

Bernie Sanders is a pretty smart fellow and a very convincing one too. How often is he mentioned on news reports? Very infrequently. I would be concerned that the rich right would not have the patience to wait him out. Remember though that he would have the same constitutional powers as Hillary and Obama wouldn't be standing idle.

I've recently read the first few chapters of the Anatomy of Fascism. Sometimes the millions don't count because Mussolini deposed the existing government with twenty five thousand black shirts. Even though twitter and facebook are available now. They can be disabled by a smart enough trouble maker or group of trouble makers.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:54 AM

17,363 posts, read 9,189,828 times
Quote:
That's comforting to know. To tell you the truth I don't really identify as a liberal. I think I'm a moderate too.
Absolutely - it's clear that you are a "moderate".

Old 10-07-2015, 07:58 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,955,210 times
Quote:

Sounds like your scared what will happen

Old 10-07-2015, 08:04 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,963,519 times
Quote:

The revolution? You mean like at Waco? Liberals did fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies