Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 11:05 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I don't know, that's irrelevant. This was ONLY about how they are using their funding.
OK good, we agree. PP is *not* misusing taxpayer money. So this whole contretemps will sink quietly into ignominy, with no further peep from you?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:05 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They investigated their "finances", are you saying that they didn't bother to investigate if they actually profited from the sale of body parts. Financially profiting from that business would be illegal.
That is a separate thing. This was about how they use the Fed funds not about how much they make off the chopping up of babies.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
OK good, we agree. PP is *not* misusing taxpayer money. So this whole contretemps will sink quietly into ignominy, with no further peep from you?
It's a completely different issue, now are you going to slink off and hide under your bed never to be heard from again? I would if I was you and the others here.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:10 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
It won't "sink into ignominy" with me.

I have a real problem with a taxpayer funded organization doing over 320,000 abortions a year, and trafficking in intact fetal cadavers and fetal body parts.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:11 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
I don't know, that's irrelevant. This was ONLY about how they are using their funding.
one hand goes with the other that is why there was a hearing- The US was not going to financially support illegal doings- there was no illegal use of funds found-- because there was no illegal stuff going ON-at PP

now if you want to take up the research via human tissue from another institution- be my guest- that is entirely another dog fight -

Old 10-09-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

I have a real problem with a taxpayer funded organization doing over 320,000 abortions a year, and trafficking in intact fetal cadavers and fetal body parts.
sooo which org. is doing that?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
It's a completely different issue, now are you going to slink off and hide under your bed never to be heard from again? I would if I was you and the others here.
It isn't a completely different issue. The contention was that PP

1) broke the law by illegal trafficking in fetal tissue

2) broke the law by using taxpayer money to subsidize its illegal trafficking in fetal tissue

So #2 has been addressed. PP did not break the law regarding its funding.

That leaves #1. I repeat an earlier poster's question - what next?

I'm not a bit embarrassed to be a person who wants to focus on the content of the law and actual factfinding. Why do you think I should or would be ashamed of that?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:

I have a real problem with a taxpayer funded organization doing over 320,000 abortions a year
Many hospitals and clinics take medicaid and Title X funding, and also offer abortion services. Do you have the same problem with them?

Quote:
and trafficking in intact fetal cadavers and fetal body parts.
Many hospitals and clinics handle fetal tissue donation under the same laws that PP does. Do you have the same problem with them?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
First, it isn't a completely different issue. The contention was that PP

2) broke the law by using taxpayer money to subsidize its illegal trafficking in fetal tissue

I'm not a bit embarrassed to be a person who wants to focus on the content of the law and actual factfinding. Why do you think I would be ashamed of that?

ok so - 1 abortions are not free- takes money or insurance or medicaid
2- where are these abortions done? How were they paid for- proven not by medicaid funds (right?)

3- So privately paid (cash/ ins) abortions do have rules- did they break those rules in their respective states?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
It isn't a completely different issue. The contention was that PP

I'm not a bit embarrassed to be a person who wants to focus on the content of the law and actual factfinding. Why do you think I should or would be ashamed of that?
Nope, you are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies