Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 07:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
We do and we don't get anything back from it
It gets worse and you're supporting it.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
my 15 yo daughter already pays taxes and she thinks what the feds steal is way too much out of her pay.
I wonder, does she plan on making that much the rest of her life? If she supports progressive tax code and makes more she'll pay even more. Millennial don't think about that.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:34 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I wonder, does she plan on making that much the rest of her life? If she supports progressive tax code and makes more she'll pay even more. Millennial don't think about that.

she plans on making way more in her future. she is home schooled and is doing very well. plus ranchers and farmers when done right can do very well in their business.

she also does not support any progressive tax code, she thinks that taxes should be handled at the state level and the feds should do without.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:35 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If she makes more she should be happy to pay more to support the system that makes it possible. Taxes are the duty of every American to make sure that the country can pay its debts.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:37 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If she makes more shoe should be happy to pay more to support the system that makes it possible. Taxes are the duty of every American to make sure that the country can pay its debts.

taxes are not the duty of every American. they are theft plain and sinple.

just declare bankruptcy and get rid of the multi-trillion FRN debt.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:37 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
Millennials: What they want from the candidates - CNN.com

Why can't right-wingers understand that their days are over, millenials will take over decades and want to become like those Nordic/Western European, Australian/New Zealand labor and government type system where the government provides life/social saferty net and security, free/very low cost education at all levels, mandatory paid days off from work, universal healthcare, and free from debt! Invest the money on our people, not foreigners and nonsense spending on military, wars, etc.! Millenials are sick and tired of having huge student loan debts while some may not find jobs because it's crappy low wages with some even no benefits, high cost of living, competition and expensive homes/rents, expensive daycares, etc. making life for non-rich people difficult. We pay already high taxes but barely get anything back from them unlike in Europe!!!! Capitalism will eventually die out hopefully...

Cut foreign & military aid, invest on us!!
ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz......it will probably happen when, dare I say, you are old and the new Bi-enemas want YOU to go so they can go back to prospering based on their hard work and not what someone in a Starbucks THINKS they should earn? Juuuuuuust a thought.

I don't want to live like a European in dirty jeans with chicks with unshaven armpits and 4 days of facial hair pontificating on just how cool we really are. No, I'll leave that up to the Greeks. It's worked soooooo very well for them.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Today's millennials are tomorrow's right wingers.

Or maybe you forgot about what we were doing in the 60's and 70's...
LOL, yet when they start getting robbed by the government. And then they'll shake their heads at the next generation who expects a free ride.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Of course they do, but that's kind of the point isn't it? They ( Liberals ) think the same about blacks, and women too. The great object is to keep them that way ( dumb and dependent ) and keep promising to be their savior so as to get their votes....

That's why they see educated black men like Ben Carson as such a threat.
This Liberal really hopes that Carson threatens us by becoming the GOP pick. Easy money for the Dems.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Okay, I want to grow some Cannabis. Can I "pursue" that? I want to start a business but can't pay for a lawyer to handle the mountain of unnecessary regulation that comes with that, can I really "pursue" that one? I'm happiest when I have some damn privacy. In the age of the NSA, can I really "pursue" that?
Obama can help you build that business

Old 10-09-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
taxes are not the duty of every American. they are theft plain and sinple.

just declare bankruptcy and get rid of the multi-trillion FRN debt.
We've been through this before. Taxes are not theft, Congress is empowered to levy taxes to pay the country's debts. it's their job, and it written in the Constitution quite plainly. Read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies