Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2008, 04:44 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,587 times

Advertisements

There will always be the pro-life and the pro-abortion, I have a question for the Pro-Abortion side. Are you for or against late term abortions? If you are for late term abortions, why would you wait that long?
The other thing I was curious about is, If a woman chooses to have an abortion it is her choice and her body (according to the law) what if the father of the baby does not want her to have the abortion, he has no say. Now say the woman does not want an abortion and she want to keep the baby, but the father wants no part of it, it is still her choice but now even though he does not want the baby he will now have to pay child support for the next 18 years. It just does not seem fair, that the feelings of the other party are not taken into concern.
Sassy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 05:28 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
There will always be the pro-life and the pro-abortion, I have a question for the Pro-Abortion side. Are you for or against late term abortions? If you are for late term abortions, why would you wait that long?
The other thing I was curious about is, If a woman chooses to have an abortion it is her choice and her body (according to the law) what if the father of the baby does not want her to have the abortion, he has no say. Now say the woman does not want an abortion and she want to keep the baby, but the father wants no part of it, it is still her choice but now even though he does not want the baby he will now have to pay child support for the next 18 years. It just does not seem fair, that the feelings of the other party are not taken into concern.
Sassy
Sounds fair enough to me. Kids should be raised by two parents, so if ONE is unwilling, that's enough.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:18 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
Originally Posted by WKUHilltopper
Quote:
I suppose they must think in a strictly linear fashion in Holland.
Your 'evidence' is no evidence.
Your argument is of the same quality of those people who are against suicide and try to prove that suicide should not be contemplated because they always tell about 'survivors' who are glad that they failed their suicide attempt.
You will always have people who are glad they survived their failed suicide attempts, but there simply are no numbers of people who are glad that their suicide succeeded.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:26 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by WKUHilltopper Your 'evidence' is no evidence.
Your argument is of the same quality of those people who are against suicide and try to prove that suicide should not be contemplated because they always tell about 'survivors' who are glad that they failed their suicide attempt.
You will always have people who are glad they survived their failed suicide attempts, but there simply are no numbers of people who are glad that their suicide succeeded.
Amazing!!!! how do you do it?? you compared a fetus to a prisoner on deathrow and now a clinically suicidal person !!

As they say "with friends like u..."

Old 03-14-2008, 03:43 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
Originally Posted by expat007
Quote:
Amazing!!!! how do you do it?? you compared a fetus to a prisoner on deathrow and now a clinically suicidal person !!
Actually expat007 it is you that is making these comparisons and not me.
I am just stating that the comparisons WKUHilltopper and Amaznjohn were making are illogical.
Just because Mr. A enjoys life does not mean everyone enjoys life; that would be an egocentric view of life.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:25 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Sassy
Sassyone, your questions have been addressed throughout this thread. You might want to read the thread.

Your side is not pro-life, but anti-choice.
It has been clearly discussed in numerous posts that we are PRO-CHOICE, not necessarily pro-abortion.

I believe you may be purposely using these charged words to promote your idea of good/bad.

Last edited by chielgirl; 03-14-2008 at 06:42 AM..

Old 03-14-2008, 10:52 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,003 times
anti-choice like going to macDonalds?? shall we have a girl or boy, blue eyes, blonde.....is that that we got to, consumerism and eugenics?

Pro-choice just aint no choice for the baby !! If we fight for pro-choice
it has to be for EVERYONE !

Old 03-14-2008, 08:14 PM

110 posts, read 58,277 times
Tricky D you gotta be kiddin me, there is no rhyme nor reason to your littany.
I want to invite you to reread the post that you initially responded to. My friend there is only one truth and I told you the absolute truth, the simple truth, the whole truth and nuthin but the truth. We can all make examples of "extreme cases" where abortion may be a rational decision.
Two survivors in a boat, only one can live or both will die. In that scenario the old would likely throw himself overboard to preserve the young and visa versa if both are honorable people. With abortion, the innocent has no choice. Generally, abortions are of the stuff of the lack of human discipline, hedonism,narcissism, lack of personal responsibility and a rationalization on the part of the impregnated and the impregnator. The pseudo intellectuals can throw all the contemporry sophist bulls... they can muster and they will never be anything but wrong. In the same fashion that all the notorious mass murderers of the ages were lead down that darkest of paths rationalizing dispicable behaviors. The abortion issue is that dark path of our generation, our country, our society.
The failure of belief systems to acknowledge this is the greatest failure of our otherwise civilized society. Even if one does not believe in a God. Even if ones total allegiance is to some sort of secular humanist sense of logic or whatever the philosophical bent, it is doubtful that history will have a good view of our generations because of this one phenomena of darkness. In case there is some sort of karmic justice, I would not want to be on the wrong side fo this debate. It is one thing to have made a mistake, it is another to relish in that mistake and perpetuate that mistake by design.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:57 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
WKUHilltopper, your post leaves me with no comment except you are so very wrong, relying only on emotion, and ignoring anyone's reality other than your own.
Basically, it is utter nonsense.

Last edited by chielgirl; 03-15-2008 at 02:09 AM..

Old 03-15-2008, 04:06 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Who can debate the believers? The believers have their answers from on high. Well, not actually from on high. Actually, from some bunch of demagogues who go around representing themselves as being in touch with sources on high. They deny science in favor of superstititon. Out the window with rationalism, leaving only emotionalism to take its place. Our generation, our country, and our society in their current forms will not be judged well by history. That so many held to a preference for ignorance over readily available knowledge will be one of the principle charges against us...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies