Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 04:53 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Aren't you ever grateful your Mom and Dad thought you were a baby?
They didn't want me...and told me so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 05:40 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,192,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
My Mom actually would have gotten an abortion, but it wasn't as widely available in the 60's. Am I grateful? No - I would have rather had a mother that really wanted to have a child and if I had never been here, so what? I wouldn't know, would I?
All children should be wanted.
If it's better to not exist than it is to exist, then why are you still here?

Old 04-03-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
I paid for mine straight out of pocket.

In all honesty, I'd rather pay a dime to pay for an abortion than to pay $100+ in tax money for the government-sponsored programs that the unwanted (and discarded to the foster care/adoption system) child brought into this world will use.
It's not about money for most of us, it's about a life.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:46 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
And if it's a life, then abortion is murder..... right? So we need to round up all the women who've had abortions and throw them in jail for life. Does that sound about right?

Old 04-03-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
And if it's a life, then abortion is murder..... right? So we need to round up all the women who've had abortions and throw them in jail for life. Does that sound about right?
I certainly don't believe this.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:09 PM

474 posts, read 601,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
They didn't want me...and told me so.
I am sorry to hear that. But you were wanted. There had to be hundreds of couples who would have taken you into their homes and hearts. But you are wanted here. Regards, to a fellow or sister? blogger.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
My Mom actually would have gotten an abortion, but it wasn't as widely available in the 60's. Am I grateful? No - I would have rather had a mother that really wanted to have a child and if I had never been here, so what? I wouldn't know, would I?
All children should be wanted.
Yes, all children should be wanted and they are. Ask any couple who is not able to conceive. They will tell you how much they would want to love and nurture every so called "unwanted baby." Some one said, "no one knows which womb carries the chief." Maybe you were destined to do something great. It is not too late, do it!

Old 04-03-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
I responded in the wrong quote. This message is for Kuharai. Sorry about that.

I thank God every day, my mother did not believe in abortion, or as some of you say about your mothers, she didn't know about abortions or the availibility of them. My four brothers and I were all foster kids because my father died at 38 years and she was chronically ill and unable to care for us. The state took my father's insurance policy to pay for our care...which over the years, of course, was not enough for the money spent on our foster care. But I do think we gave it back to you. My four brothers joined the service the day they were 17 or 18 years of age and saw active duty. One of my brothers, who joined the navy, said he could not believe the "food" and the sign above it, "Take all you want but eat all you take." He almost got sick from over eating, because he had never seen that amount of food." In fact in one home, when he reached for dessert, he was slapped and told it was only for "family." But he never let it keep him down on himself, he became an officer in the navy, my other brothers became, respectively, Production manager, Service Representive (Jet Engine expert) of a well known and presitigious aircraft factory and served as such in several foreign countries; another became a Fire Lieutenant with a degree in Fire Science; and another A New York Transit Authority employee of long and good standing. I went into government service and one of the first things I did was help establish the Special Legislative Committee on Foster Care and helped change the laws and practices of that system. The achievment I treasure is the message to foster kids in our state " You are not junk, you have potential and just have to work a little harder to achieve your goals." One of the foster kids, my friends and I supported through college etc. became an inner city social worker and the union agent of her unit. When told that two little sisters had been raped by the mother's boyfriend, abandoned by their illegal alien father, we, members of the Legislative Committee, used our influence to see that the adoption of those children took place without incident. (along the way, we reported the illegal alien father who was just as abusive. Last I heard he was deported.) And the last I heard about the two girls we rescued, is that they are now in college, having been adopted by a loving couple. They had much to overcome but realize they have been given much as well. They are not bitter and looking forward to their futures. I think it was Rose Kennedy, JFK's mother who said, "You either overcome troubles or they will overcome you." She suffered a lot, but refused to let tragedies shape her life. So you see, everyone has potential, you just have to figure out what it is you are supposed to be doing with your life. There is still time. You certainly are impressing me with the fact that there is still much to do. So much sadness in your post. But remember, you have something to offer. You got me going and the juices flowing. I retired two years ago and was feeling useless, but you got me thinking again.Thanks.

Last edited by Friendly blogger; 04-04-2008 at 12:09 AM..

Old 04-04-2008, 02:59 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Are you anti-choice people adopting? or fostering?
What about kids being fostered or adopted who are abused, tortured, neglected?

Each woman is entitled to make her own choice based on her needs/requirements/life.
You have no business involving yourself in another person's life.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:55 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
I certainly don't believe this.
If you don't think that mothers who have abortions should be in jail for life - you're saying that abortion (which you say is murder) is less of a crime than murdering a newborn.

Which translates to: A fetus' life is worth less than that of a newborn.

Otherwise, there would be equal punishment for both murders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies