Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 05:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,305,478 times

Advertisements

Lower the standards so that "No woman is left behind".

Old 10-09-2015, 05:10 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,105,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Lower the standards so that "No woman is left behind".
Astonishing.

People that couldn't pass this course in a million years are the first to step up and be critical with baloney about lowering standards. SMH

Old 10-09-2015, 05:29 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,326,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Way to totally twist everything I said. You didn't read the piece...obviously.

First of all, if you passed CLC (and you weren't even in combat arms), then anyone can pass it. Gimme a break. You ain't GI effin Joe. FOH!

They did nothing wrong by giving them pre training on combat patrolling. Women don't learn much of it because they aren't in Combat Arms, brainiac!

Secondly, the piece says that they attended a Ranger pre-course before attending Ranger School. That would be RIP, genius. A school you couldn't pass on your best day if WITH coaching.

My point is that I wouldn't have even passed RIP, let alone Ranger School.

You would've flunked Jump School, Air Assault School, Light Fighters Course, PCT, Expert Infantry Qual, or even getting a Schutzenschnur (and you're a gun nut)...all of which I completed before you even you dreamed of becoming a cook or personnel clerk! And I was a preppy college boy...so what's your excuse?

You probably BARELY got through PLDC.

But never mind...even if you'd got the extra coaching they got, you STILL would've flunked Ranger School.

You're just jealous because you didn't have the guts to earn a Tab and these women did.
I'm just giving you a slow clap, thank you for actually getting it and knowing what you're talking about.

Too bad no one else sees it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Astonishing.

People that couldn't pass this course in a million years are the first to step up and be critical with baloney about lowering standards. SMH
Bingo! Without going into details I know people who went to West Point with these women, who have seen them in the field. I've truly heard nothing but positive and supportive things about them.

It always amuses me that people assume most military members are all 'Murica Conservatives because they're "serving their country" . The general population has been getting progressively more liberal as older members retire and new soldiers raised in a different social climate join and star moving up in leadership.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:37 PM

37,025 posts, read 41,072,493 times
The People article has already been addressed in another thread here.

Who are the author's sources? Without knowing that, the article is just hearsay, no more than gossip.

The "special two week training" is called the Ranger Training Assessment Course. It is standard. The women were not the only ones who did it.

https://www.atrrs.army.mil/atrrscc/c...+COURSE&phase=

If there is a "land navigation course" it would not help much. The actual school uses varied terrain that cannot be duplicated on a standard course.

Repeating parts of the school is also common. The men do it, too.

Eight women, 101 men will retake Ranger School phase

"On average, more than 37 percent of Ranger School graduates recycle at least one phase of the school. The Darby recycle rate is about 15 percent."

General Miller has supervised all the Ranger training under his command, including making personal appearances. It's part of his job.

Maj. Gen. Scott Miller answers questions about Ranger School | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

From someone who was there at the school alongside the women who earned their tabs:

How It Really Went Down in the First Class to Graduate Female Rangers | SOFREP

"In the two months since I have graduated, I have spoken with countless fellow tabbed Rangers on the topic, both from my class and from previous classes. Every morning, my Facebook news feed is filled with statuses from my peers, with links to articles on the topic and discussions on the progress of the females left in the course. We are universally in awe of what these two female Rangers have accomplished. Everyone I have talked to is of one mind. They earned it. Without the same wide shoulders, large frames, and high testosterone levels of their brother Rangers, they earned it. Unfortunately, the naysayers will continue to talk trash and belittle CPT Griest and 1LT Haver’s historic accomplishment."

Army Denies that Ranger School was Fixed so Women Could Pass | Military.com

This last link addresses all of the accusations in the People article. Enjoy!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...facebook-post/

Old 10-09-2015, 05:38 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,296,394 times
Plus girls have cooties...

Old 10-09-2015, 05:41 PM

39,034 posts, read 27,449,807 times
So sad..

I've heard a lot of amazing stories about Army rangers. To me, rangers are one of the most dangerous, well trained, respected fighting force on earth.

But now, I am sure people will look at Rangers a little bit different, not in a good way.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Well it is only ranger school, not like it is Navy Seal training!
Navy seal is not the ONLY special force out there. Rangers are just as good. Marine Force Recons, Delta, Seals, etc. They are all equally good. Don't understand why only Seals got the attention.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:46 PM

37,025 posts, read 41,072,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Can they handle an M4 ... ?
Yes.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:49 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,326,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
So sad..

I've heard a lot of amazing stories about Army rangers. To me, rangers are one of the most dangerous, well trained, respected fighting force on earth.

But now, I am sure people will look at Rangers a little bit different, not in a good way.
Those that do can kick rocks. Seriously, step out of your bubble. These women completing Ranger school in no way cheapens it. You're being melodramatic.

Recycle happens, a lot. My husband recycled, a lot of his friends recycled. It's not uncommon.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Those that do can kick rocks. Seriously, step out of your bubble. These women completing Ranger school in no way cheapens it. You're being melodramatic.

Recycle happens, a lot. My husband recycled, a lot of his friends recycled. It's not uncommon.
Let me repeat, people DO look at rangers a little bit differently now, it is a fact. Go to one of your nearby VA hospitals, and talk to the veterans.

well, doubt majority of the male Rangers like it either, although there will always be weirdos out there.

by the way, you are the one who needs to step out of your bubble, the women might have graduated, the two women can't apply to join the 75th Ranger Regiment,

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/18/politi...ranger-course/

Just another useless social experiment, a total waste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies