Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 06:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
So? Has anyone indicated that they wouldn't be willing?

I am my own militia.
I can be asked to help....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 06:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post

In other words, in the U.S., most men are already in the militia.

Considering all the crap going on today, if you are not armed, you are not prepared to protect your family.
...and this is exactly what the progressive factions of both parties are aiming for!

If we can;t protect ourselves, from ourselves (those who are supposed to be the peoples servants (HAH!)) then we have no future as a free nation.

All hail the political class, the puppets of the faceless corporate machine, that Eisenhower warned us about more than a half century ago.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:34 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I didn`t see where the subject was ever up for debate.
It never was but in the minds of the fascist left of which one of the people you quote and other cd lefties are card carrying members.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
everybody is thinking in today times, when the constitution was written, we was being attack by the british, so a militia, is anybody with a gun 8 to 80 that would defend the country.

so that is anybody with a gun.

now if south alabama or south mississippi got attack by a terrorist group i can tell you, it would be 8 to 80 defending the land

the right was written so the federal government could not ban guns against those that could defend

It is perplexing to see, intelligent individuals place words and meanings to words that never existed.

The right of the people. People is not age, or gender specific, but our government sure thinks it is.
As it is now, I must ask the government for permission to buy a gun from a manufacturers dealer.

If I have to ask permission from anyone, it isn't a right, given by my creator.
It has been taken over by an overbearing government, that has no problem busting and breaking the constitution against the freedom of all people, constantly.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
finally someone else who understands what the Bill of Rights is.

It makes you wonder what the hell they're teaching in school nowadays!

Old 10-12-2015, 07:01 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Default We're Not Trying To Take Your Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is perplexing to see, intelligent individuals place words and meanings to words that never existed.

The right of the people. People is not age, or gender specific, but our government sure thinks it is.
As it is now, I must ask the government for permission to buy a gun from a manufacturers dealer.

If I have to ask permission from anyone, it isn't a right, given by my creator.
It has been taken over by an overbearing government, that has no problem busting and breaking the constitution against the freedom of all people, constantly.
Well said, Brother.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A. Indian..png
Views:	178
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	159396

Old 10-12-2015, 07:23 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
According to the 2nd amendment, if you are not willing to join a militia, you do not have any right to own a gun.

Bob.
no bob, that is not what the constitution says

Old 10-12-2015, 07:26 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,010,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
According to the 2nd amendment, if you are not willing to join a militia, you do not have any right to own a gun.

Bob.
Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of the English language and sentence structure understands that your interpretation is incorrect.

Fortunately, so does the Supreme Court - see Heller v. The District of Columbia.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of the English language and sentence structure understands that your interpretation is incorrect.

Fortunately, so does the Supreme Court - see Heller v. The District of Columbia.

The Heller decision... Ted Cruz wrote the briefs for that landmark case, with local governments breaking the Constitution.

How were they held accountable for breaking the constitution? They were not. Just don't do it again, when thousands if not millions of free people, have had their constitutional rights stripped from them by an overbearing and too powerful government.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:52 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,010,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I have not seen any leading Democrats wanting to ban all guns.
Here's a quote from Diane Feinstein in 1995: “If I could have banned them all – ‘Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns’ – I would have!”

The quote is real. Look it up. This is the reality of what leading progressives in the Democrat party really want to happen.

Quote:
*Closing background check “loopholes,” such as stopping criminals from buying firearms at gun shows or online;
Whether such measures will have any meaningful impact is extremely suspect. All purchases of new firearms are already subject to background checks. Studies show most criminals are not obtaining guns through normal commercial channels - they are getting them through what effectively amounts to a black market. All the firearms used in recent mass shootings were obtained after going through the background check process. There is no loophole that allows someone to purchase a new gun online without a background check.

Quote:
*Improving background checks to include barring domestic abusers and stalkers from buying guns;
The criteria here will be a) someone who has been convicted of domestic abuse and/or b) someone who has a restraining order issued against them. In the case of a) if it was a felony crime then they are already prohibited. Some states are also adding misdemeanor domestic abuse crimes to the list of convictions that disqualify someone from purchasing a firearm. Probably a good idea. As for the stalkers, there needs to be a restraining order, which won't catch everyone, but also probably a good idea that has already been taken up in some states (CA for instance).

Quote:
*And shutting down the “illegal gun pipeline” by making straw purchasing of guns and gun trafficking a federal crime.
Straw purchases are already illegal. Perhaps if we make them triple illegal criminals will stop making straw purchases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies