Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 06:34 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,886,311 times

Advertisements

Make all the excuses you want, cops make the same mistakes and more often.
No matter what the event, 99% of the time a criminal act is responsible for initiating to begin with.
Criminal acted take place because the victim/s is assumed to be disarmed.
The fewer would be victims that are armed,/trained is the best deterrent.
If laws were corrected so that age, mental capacity, and plea bargaining ,were no longer a factor, crime would drop as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 06:36 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,025,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Forget the threat of an overreaching government. I'm afraid of overreaching vigilantes!

‘Worst nightmare': Woman with concealed gun permit shoots at fleeing shoplifter outside Home Depot - The Washington Post
You're forgetting the overreaching criminals. Thousands every day defend themselves by just hinting or showing their Gun before criminals do their deeds. But no news story.

Not even the recognition that Chicago has already four separate murders this weekend.

Keep the illusion that the hated police officers will save the unarmed. So unarmed citizens, loathed police, armed criminals, want to guess the end to that story...

Old 10-10-2015, 06:36 PM

11,104 posts, read 10,659,001 times
Quote:
Trying to be the good guy with a gun can get you shot by the police.

- See more at: Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot Gun Carrying Citizens Because of His Training
A police superintendent in Chicago,a city where politicians are known to be vehemently opposed to allowing citizens to exercise their constitutional rights, has something bad to say about concealed carry? Color me surprised.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:56 PM

17,405 posts, read 13,177,815 times
Quote:
This is another problem: people with concealed carry are not properly trained and trigger happy.

Joe Zamudio and the Gabrielle Giffords shooting: How an armed hero nearly shot the wrong man.
\
BaBlaaa Blaaaa BaBlaaaa

Such Bulls**t

Admittedly. there are people with CCWs that never should have gotten them in the first place,

There are also people with driver's licenses that never should have gotten them in the first place

Old 10-10-2015, 06:57 PM

17,405 posts, read 13,177,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
A police superintendent in Chicago,a city where politicians are known to be vehemently opposed to allowing citizens to exercise their constitutional rights, has something bad to say about concealed carry? Color me surprised.
What the Hell else would you expect from Chicago?

Hell, they saddled us with obuma

Old 10-10-2015, 07:10 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,344,697 times
Another anti gun nut circle jerk thread totally out of touch with reality.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ass-shootings/
https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/
In fact, just a few hours ago: Waffle House Customer Shoots And Kills Armed Robber | The Daily Caller

How about the myth of the "highly trained" police officer that anti gun nuts think are the only ones who should be armed? NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire | Fox News

Police hit rate 30%, criminal hit rate 70%
Where did all the bullets go?
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/who...ermit-holders/

The police do their best, but their training is very often out of date and doesn't reflect reality, and their real world results show it. There are more better trained civilians than there are well trained police.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:11 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,357,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Beating a dead horse!
Horses are NOT dead..Human beings are being gunned down because of ACCESS!! Nothing more and nothing less..And before you suggest what will stop it..Puleeze..NOTHING will stop ALL murders..BUT surely there's a small part of your grey matter understands that..But then again/Absolutists are simply unable to compromise on anything.. SMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I stand with the 2nd Amendment!
Well, since Bo took office..like over 6+ years ago..Has ANYONE even attempted to take your GUN's away?? NOPE..tho gun sales went thru roof once he got elected...Chicken Little "Sky is Falling" claims is getting rather old!! It's been going on for multi decades!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Another goofy thread, with goofy assumptions.
Goofy..because you don't want to understand common sense..NOT ALL American clutch their guns to chest..But see their innocent's get off'd! Just because 40% of ALL guns sold HAVE NO background checks..plus irresponsible adults purchase and give to their kids ( grown kids mentally unstable) then go out and off far to many...

Hey..If One or Dozens or hundreds innocents get saved..It appears selfishness and desire to collect arsenals is more important to those that preach their 2nd Amendment !!! LOL..Part of that 2nd Amendment includes "Well Regulated" but somehow gets forgotten!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
yes... they are coming for the guns... be warned

</thread>
Ohhh Get a GRIP!! Fear Mongering is getting far too OLD!! Promote further proliferation of Killing machines..and only Gun Manufacturer's gain..NOT you ..you spend $$ for them..and CORPORATE benefit on the backs of innocents in the line of fire!!

Elitism is alive an well! No one but ME ME ME matters..that's all I read surrounding the GUN Violence Problem!! Lets face it..Access to firearms doesn't STOP all crime..However leads to violent deaths..whether mass shootings, robbery or SUICIDEs.. ..Stats can prove that..But most Gun Violence deniers will never actually bother to look up those stats..just Cling to their fear monger'd thought of losing their rights..

I know..Accuse me of some sort of Leftist views..NOPE..I'm a realist who recognize that FIREPOWER kills..just like Drugs, can and Cars can and abuse can...So laws are in place to regulate those cars, what parents are responsible for ( kids dying in HOT CARS)..Underworld Drug trafficking, as well as Weapons too...Straw men, who purchase large munitions ( unregulated/un documented) thru Gun shows) and see out of trunks of their cars..or guns kept in home openly..get stolen..and wonder how those BAD GUYS get their hands on them..or worse..The kids get their hands on them and take to school or kill a friend playacting.....It's truly SICK!!

Old 10-10-2015, 07:26 PM

251 posts, read 310,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Saw this today and I agree with it. Would you want every Tom, Dick, and Harriet carrying guns dreaming of being Dirty Harry without being properly trained?
Combat veterans shoot down NRA
Great article and so true. Wayne LaPierre should be cleaning toilets.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:08 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,243,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Saw this today and I agree with it. Would you want every Tom, Dick, and Harriet carrying guns dreaming of being Dirty Harry without being properly trained?
Combat veterans shoot down NRA
The problem with this is that it's a false premise. Every "Tom, Dick, and 'Harriet'" carrying a gun is not, "dreaming of being Dirty Harry." Neither are permits granted willy -nilly, but training and proficiency tests may be required.

The NRA promotes responsible gun ownership. It is not the "evil" organization that Leftists portray it to be.

Do you think a person doesn't have a right to defend themselves or their family? Police often take too long to arrive, so that a person may face death before they arrive, if unable to defend themselves with a weapon.

Have any of the recent mass murders take place outside of "gun free zones?" Was this just a coincidence, or a calculation?

Old 10-11-2015, 05:29 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,464,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The problem with this is that it's a false premise. Every "Tom, Dick, and 'Harriet'" carrying a gun is not, "dreaming of being Dirty Harry." Neither are permits granted willy -nilly, but training and proficiency tests may be required.

The NRA promotes responsible gun ownership. It is not the "evil" organization that Leftists portray it to be.

Do you think a person doesn't have a right to defend themselves or their family? Police often take too long to arrive, so that a person may face death before they arrive, if unable to defend themselves with a weapon.

Have any of the recent mass murders take place outside of "gun free zones?" Was this just a coincidence, or a calculation?
Actually yes, the Oregon shooting was not a gun free zone. There were at least 5 CCW's on campus at the time of the shooting and all of them hid instead of trying to stop the gunman.

You may not believe it but I do support the 2nd Amendment. But I also believe there should be check and balances. I would fully support gun owners going to classes to learn how to shoot and handle guns. Too many children and gun owners die from mishandling guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies