Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 10:08 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,432,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Don't you dare interrupt a complaint against our President with facts. .
Especially cherry picked facts. The link cited did not take into account improvements in medical care that save shooting victims who would have otherwise died during Reagan's day.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:11 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,082,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
So when are cops going to start rolling up on white people excercising their right to open carry and just start murdering them?
12 year olds are legally being issued CCW permits now?

Old 10-13-2015, 10:38 AM

15,731 posts, read 20,270,192 times
I have some airsoft pistols that look and operate pretty realistically. In fact, I've used a couple of my airsofts to teach a newbie proper handling and operation of a semi-pistol. Honestly, if you cut the orange tip off, slide in a magazine and pull back the slide, it looks and sounds like a real firearm.

Common sense would dictate that if I go to a park and start waving around a airsoft that looks like a real gun...well I could see how that might cause a commotion.

I know guys that have gone into the woods and played paintball and have gotten the cops on them. "Report of men with automatic weapons firing in the woods".

Old 10-13-2015, 10:59 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,380,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Common sense would dictate that if I go to a park and start waving around a airsoft that looks like a real gun...well I could see how that might cause a commotion.

I know guys that have gone into the woods and played paintball and have gotten the cops on them. "Report of men with automatic weapons firing in the woods".
And were the guys you know blitz attacked by the police with say, real automatic weapons fire with in three seconds of some shouted command after their arrival on the scene? Or did the police actually make an effort to ascertain what was happening before they opened up?

One cant expect a stable society when white armed "protestors" at the Bundy Ranch are given the benefit of several doubts, discretion and prudence is used, and uhmm...."de escalation" initiated etc etc and a black youth is "engaged" with in seconds.

Something needs to change. It does not matter whether or not "independent" investigators cleared the officer or not. I don't vote Democrat, let alone affirm Al Sharpton types. But, criminal police misconduct needs to be identified as such and punished. And this was a case of police misconduct.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:16 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,604,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Yes, the shooting of a 12 year old by police was a reasonable action according to 2 independant investigators.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/11...ws.google.com/

ONLY in the USA and handful of despotic fringe countries are police murders like this one viewed as reasonable.

The cops had no reason at all to drive right up to the kid and instantly shoot him... Just about every where else in the world the cops would have given the kid a chance to put the weapon down.

But here in our sweet old homeland, cops shoot black kids carrying any kind of weapon on sight. And because our public has grown up without understanding no other modern country does this, they think it is a normal way to live. And like most victims they blame the victim time and time again.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:04 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,068,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Yes, the shooting of a 12 year old by police was a reasonable action according to 2 independant investigators.
Why didn't they taze him to death?

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Also you have to love how the media manipulates facts. Yes he was 12 years old. He was also 5 ft 7 inches tall and 195 pounds.
So, basically, he was Fat Albert, Jr.

Quote:
Of course they would like to leave that fact out.
The fact that he was obese? The kid was a freaking bowling ball.

So, the police rolled-up on and shot a little chubby black kid waving a toy gun. Gosh, I feel so much safer now.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:16 PM

5,851 posts, read 3,271,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Why didn't they taze him to death?

So, basically, he was Fat Albert, Jr.

The fact that he was obese? The kid was a freaking bowling ball.

So, the police rolled-up on and shot a little chubby black kid waving a toy gun. Gosh, I feel so much safer now.
Go look at the picture of the gun. Honestly once you look at it you tell me if you can distinguish the gun from a fake. The fact is you cant.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:19 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,081,986 times
Quote:
Go look at the picture of the gun. Honestly once you look at it you tell me if you can distinguish the gun from a fake. The fact is you cant.
Still doesn't negate the fact of how fast the cops shot the boy

Old 10-13-2015, 12:26 PM

5,851 posts, read 3,271,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Still doesn't negate the fact of how fast the cops shot the boy
Great and in less than a second that cop could be dead too!! Would you be on here a year later talking about it? No of course you would not. No one would. He would be just a memory to his family. Cops have to make split second decisions. With this report there is no way this goes to trial. Even if it did they would never in a million years get a conviction! A year later and this still hasn't gone to trial. Shows you what kind of case they have!

Old 10-13-2015, 12:52 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,432,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post

Something needs to change. It does not matter whether or not "independent" investigators cleared the officer or not. I don't vote Democrat, let alone affirm Al Sharpton types. But, criminal police misconduct needs to be identified as such and punished. And this was a case of police misconduct.
Indeed it does. Women need to stop laying with derelict men where bastard babies are brought into the world where neither parent is around to raise & support the kid so they know better. The only fault that society bears here is that some seem to condone it above anything else.

It's not the job of the police to raise these kids, it's not the job of the police to teach these kids not to point guns. The police are there to protect the rest of us from bad results when adults don't take the responsibility for their choices and includes the kids they bring into this world without any regard for the consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.