Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 11:52 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
but you would agree that it's definitely not more expensive than beef, which is not being cut from the menu?
No, I don't agree. Bacon is about 4 times more than ground beef, particularly the ground beef served in prisons and jails which usually contains fillers. Bacon is still available in federal prisons through the commissary.

Would you agree with me that since I already provided proof that halal and kosher meals are pre-packaged and have NOTHING to do with the food preparation for the general population that the only reason to continue this argument is:
1) you work for the pork industry
2) you will stop at nothing to create some kind of specious argument about Islamic people that also contain a reference to infidels, 9/11 and Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 12:03 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, I don't agree. Bacon is about 4 times more than ground beef, particularly the ground beef served in prisons and jails which usually contains fillers. Bacon is still available in federal prisons through the commissary.

Would you agree with me that since I already provided proof that halal and kosher meals are pre-packaged and have NOTHING to do with the food preparation for the general population that the only reason to continue this argument is:
2) you will stop at nothing to create some kind of specious argument about Islamic people that also contain a reference to infidels, 9/11 and Obama.
Help me understand this. Since halal and kosher meals are prepackaged and are (and have been all along) served to those who request them, and they have nothing to do with the food for the general population, WHY is pork being cut?

Old 10-13-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I read it, between the lines and all... this sums it up better
Sharia USA: Obama admin BANS PORK products from federal prisons to accommodate Muslims | Pamela Geller
btw, why do you think pork is outselling beef? It On a side note: 2+2=4
OMG, it's OBAMA! I knew it Seriously, if you get your news from Pam Geller there's no point in trying to have a discussion with you. But, just in case you didn't know it there are hundreds of Federal Agencies and most of them make operational decisions without the advice or consent of Obama EVERY day.

Why not ask Ms. Geller to provide proof that Obama is trying to bring Sharia law into the US because federal prisons decided not to serve pork, her article certainly has nothing to do with her hair on fire headline

Old 10-13-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Help me understand this. Since halal and kosher meals are prepackaged and are (and have been all along) served to those who request them, and they have nothing to do with the food for the general population, WHY is pork being cut?
Because it's less popular with inmates than other proteins. Institutions make decisions like that all the time, they monitor waste and if a particular food is not being eaten they usually limit it, or remove it from the menu. Notice how the only protests about this are coming from RWNJ websites and the pork industry?

Old 10-13-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
The prepackaged food costs more than twice as much.
That is true, but it is probably not economically feasible to prepare several different diets every day in a prison setting, you would need to purchase certified food, store and prepare it separately from other meals and that would include at least 3 separate diets.
halal
kosher
vegan
Can you imagine the logistics of that in a prison with an inmate population of several thousand? If you don't know what I mean, look at the preparation requirements of some of those.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:

Locally bacon is $3.99 lb.. ground beef 80% $3.19lb Pork loin .99 lb Price of Beef and Bacon Reach All-Time High prepackaged kosher/halal meals are double regular menu... Making kitchen kosher/halal zone will cost less.. that is where this is going.. make accomodations for our ever increasing muslim population, eliminate lawsuits, cut costs.. What is so hard to believe about this? Edit: reading your above post 125 it seems you are thinking similar

Old 10-13-2015, 12:30 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
that is a specious argument. I could counter by noting that sirloin steak is many times more expensive than pork chops. in case it wasn't clear, I was referring to the overall price of pork vs. the overall price of beef, not cherry-picked examples of either.

Quote:
no, I would not. nor are your two 'only reasons' truly the only reasons.

and in case you failed to notice, I have not once referenced infidels, Obama, or 9/11

Old 10-13-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Locally bacon is $3.99 lb.. ground beef 80% $3.19lb Pork loin .99 lb Price of Beef and Bacon Reach All-Time High prepackaged kosher/halal meals are double regular menu... Making kitchen kosher/halal zone will cost less.. that is where this is going.. make accomodations for our ever increasing muslim population, eliminate lawsuits, cut costs.. What is so hard to believe about this? Edit: reading your above post 125 it seems you are thinking similar
Where does it stop? It doesn't stop. Like it or not there are SCOTUS decisions regarding this issue as well as
federal law RLUPIA which was enacted in 2000 It is not cheaper to prepare specialized religious meals onsite, that is why prisons and jails buy them pre-packaged from vendors, why else would they? I kind of feel like this argument is just going in circles, I've said all I have to say, if I were to comment further I would just be repeating myself

Old 10-13-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
and in case you failed to notice, I have not once referenced infidels, Obama, or 9/11
That was not directed at you, I sincerely apologize if you felt that it was

Old 10-13-2015, 12:53 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
What % of the prison populations require these special pe-packaged foods?

If it's more than 50% (I read that some prisoners simply claim religion or allergies), then why not give these to all? Eliminate the kitchen entirely to offset the cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies