U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Should Army Traitor Bowe Bergdahl Go To Prison
Yes One Year 6 5.08%
Yes Five Years 10 8.47%
Yes Ten or More years 66 55.93%
No Prison 10 8.47%
No Prison. He already spent his time in hell. 11 9.32%
No Prison He's a hero. 5 4.24%
other 9 7.63%
not sure 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-09-2015, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,243 posts, read 15,272,205 times
Reputation: 4583

Advertisements

If he is found to be guilty of desertion, I am quite sure he will receive punishment. That is what we Americans do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-09-2015, 11:07 AM
 
17,027 posts, read 9,525,549 times
Reputation: 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
If he is found to be guilty of desertion, I am quite sure he will receive punishment. That is what we Americans do.


We also release 5 high rankers in terrorism for it too yet there are those that defend the excuse for America's President daily to the death it seems no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 12:32 PM
 
Location: US
17,879 posts, read 17,730,551 times
Reputation: 13873
My last comment was deleted for personal attack but the person I was responding to wasn't I guess I'm not allowed to respond to a person who says they would vote to kill one of our own for getting cold feet.

For those who wish he would get thr death sentence I hope you served in the military or are headed to an office to join now because while you are sitting in the comforts of home, he was out there serving his country. It was wrong for him to let his fear get the best of him and he should recieve some kind of punishment, but wishing the death penalty on him is ridiculous when you are sitting at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 12:34 PM
 
4,095 posts, read 2,031,296 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
My last comment was deleted for personal attack but the person I was responding to wasn't I guess I'm not allowed to respond to a person who says they would vote to kill one of our own for getting cold feet.

For those who wish he would get thr death sentence I hope you served in the military or are headed to an office to join now because while you are sitting in the comforts of home, he was out there serving his country. It was wrog for him to let his fear get the best of him and he recieve some kind of punishment, but wishing the death penalty on him is ridiculous when you are sitting at home.

It is one thing to get cold feet and run away, it is another to join the enemy and help them fight US forces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 12:37 PM
 
Location: US
17,879 posts, read 17,730,551 times
Reputation: 13873
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
It is one thing to get cold feet and run away, it is another to join the enemy and help them fight US forces.
Did he actually join ISIS and fight? I thought he was just one of their prisoners? If that's true then it's completely different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Wartrace,TN
5,505 posts, read 8,837,705 times
Reputation: 10959
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Did he actually join ISIS and fight? I thought he was just one of their prisoners? If that's true then it's completely different.
He got five high level taliban released; is that not giving aid and comfort to the enemy? Had he waited until he got Stateside to desert we wouldn't have had to give up these guys in a "prisoner swap".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 01:07 PM
 
Location: US
17,879 posts, read 17,730,551 times
Reputation: 13873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
He got five high level taliban released; is that not giving aid and comfort to the enemy? Had he waited until he got Stateside to desert we wouldn't have had to give up these guys in a "prisoner swap".
I blame the negotiators for that deal, not him. I don't think that deserves the death penalty. At least he had the balls to join the military unlike all the big talkers stuffing their faces on their couch. Don't get me wrong, he should face some consequences, but wishing death upon him is ridiculous. He is an American who signed up to fight for our freedom. As long as he didn't fight with the enemy, he doesn't deserve to be threatened by his own people with death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Stasis
15,839 posts, read 10,000,150 times
Reputation: 8546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Did he actually join ISIS and fight? I thought he was just one of their prisoners? If that's true then it's completely different.
The court martial charge is desertion not treason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 01:20 PM
 
Location: US
17,879 posts, read 17,730,551 times
Reputation: 13873
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The court martial charge is desertion not treason.
That's what I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,379 posts, read 7,934,664 times
Reputation: 6636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
He was found to have deserted, but they are delaying punishment etc....
Probably until after November 2016 I'd bet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top