Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Army Traitor Bowe Bergdahl Go To Prison
Yes One Year 6 5.08%
Yes Five Years 10 8.47%
Yes Ten or More years 66 55.93%
No Prison 10 8.47%
No Prison. He already spent his time in hell. 11 9.32%
No Prison He's a hero. 5 4.24%
other 9 7.63%
not sure 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 04:41 PM

57,149 posts, read 26,123,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Other soldiers lost their lives because they had to search for him. I don't believe for a second that no soldiers died searching for him. But this is just my opinion that doesn't matter.

At this point, shall I just say "I like people who weren't captured."
Other soldiers lost their lives in the 5 years he was gone but not looking for him according to the investigation. They were supposed to depart to the main base for some downtime the day he left but instead spent the next 2 weeks searching for him in 100 degree heat, after that there is nothing to point specifically to any deaths regarding his disappearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 04:42 PM

39,108 posts, read 27,527,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Other soldiers lost their lives in the 5 years he was gone but not looking for him according to the investigation. They were supposed to depart to the main base for some downtime the day he left but instead spent the next 2 weeks searching for him in 100 degree heat, after that there is nothing to point specifically to any deaths regarding his disappearance.
how do you know? you were there?

Old 09-24-2015, 04:45 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,544,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Ah, the last resort of ignorant people - to automatically DISBELIEVE what they are told.
If you automatically disbelieve what you are told how does that make you any different from someone who automatically believes what they are told?
Essentially what you are saying is: "Don't confuse me with the facts. I ALREADY KNOW what I WANT to believe'".
That's a good way to remain ignorant forever.

Ken
As you constantly demonstrate post after post.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
how do you know? you were there?
I read the articles regarding their deaths, elections, road duty, ...nothing points to them being killed looking for him.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Nice deflection try. For those serving, with some exceptions, total respect. For the minion generals who simply do as they are told, none whatsoever. Your adherence to the desire of the government is also duly noted.
Well then Bergdahl should be your guy, when it comes to doing as your told he was not a good listener, he took matters into his own hands in an attempt to get a leadership change.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:02 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,046,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Ah, the last resort of ignorant people - to automatically DISBELIEVE what they are told.
If you automatically disbelieve what you are told how does that make you any different from someone who automatically believes what they are told?
Essentially what you are saying is: "Don't confuse me with the facts. I ALREADY KNOW what I WANT to believe'".
That's a good way to remain ignorant forever.

Ken
This is a stupid post, he said he left in the middle of the night, yes?

He said he left in the middle of the night to go to another base to turn in his CoC, yes?

Can you turn in your CoC to another CoC? YES...

How about a Chaplin who won't be in your CoC?

How about the next 1LT, SSG, SFC, 2LT, SGT, MSG, 1SG, COL, LTC, MAJ, who walks by you?

No, what is being said is that someone who has NEVER been in the military has NO clue how the military works, I don't give a damn how many "special reports" someone said they read.

Your failure is confirmed!

Old 09-24-2015, 05:06 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,046,305 times
Quote:
Well then Bergdahl should be your guy, when it comes to doing as your told he was not a good listener, he took matters into his own hands in an attempt to get a leadership change.
Except you have no clue that there are MANY other commands right around the corner (on the SAME base he was on)....He never had to leave his post...nor walk to another place, in the middle of the night...<<<<<<<<<<<<the middle of the NIGHT..............

I mean, you did know that, right? There are other way's to report your CoC...

I'm also pretty damn sure they had phones...yea, phones, hell we had phones back in 1990....

Old 09-24-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I read the articles regarding their deaths, elections, road duty, ...nothing points to them being killed looking for him.
How do you know those articles were not biased. The reason I am asking you is because there are a lot of articles online that are much more trustworthy. (in my opinion)

Like this one

"Though the 2009 Afghan presidential election slowed the search for Bergdahl, it did not stop it. Our battalion suffered six fatalities in a three-week period. On August 18, an IED killed Private First Class Morris Walker and Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen during a reconnaissance mission. On August 26, while conducting a search for a Taliban shadow sub-governor supposedly affiliated with Bergdahl’s captors, Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss was shot in the face and killed. On September 4, during a patrol to a village near the area in which Bergdahl vanished, an insurgent ambush killed Second Lieutenant Darryn Andrews and gravely wounded Private First Class Matthew Martinek, who died of his wounds a week later. On September 5, while conducting a foot movement toward a village also thought affiliated with Bergdahl’s captors, Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey stepped on an improvised land mine. He died the next day.

It is important to name all these names. For the veterans of the units that lost these men, Bergdahl’s capture and the subsequent hunt for him will forever tie to their memories, and to a time in their lives that will define them as people. He has finally returned. Those men will never have the opportunity."

We Lost Soldiers in the Hunt for Bergdahl, a Guy Who Walked Off in the Dead of Night - The Daily Beast

Old 09-24-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
huh?

Old 09-24-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Except you have no clue that there are MANY other commands right around the corner (on the SAME base he was on)....He never had to leave his post...nor walk to another place, in the middle of the night...<<<<<<<<<<<<the middle of the NIGHT..............

I mean, you did know that, right? There are other way's to report your CoC...

I'm also pretty damn sure they had phones...yea, phones, hell we had phones back in 1990....
How big was the base he was on, what was the chain of command? One of his platoon mates went to the first sergeant and was blown off.

According to his account he wanted to get in touch with the general at a larger base, but there was none at that base and it was a20 mile walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies