Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Army Traitor Bowe Bergdahl Go To Prison
Yes One Year 6 5.08%
Yes Five Years 10 8.47%
Yes Ten or More years 66 55.93%
No Prison 10 8.47%
No Prison. He already spent his time in hell. 11 9.32%
No Prison He's a hero. 5 4.24%
other 9 7.63%
not sure 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 11:06 AM

57,252 posts, read 26,186,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Fool. How many courts martials, regardless of charges, have taken two years. Name one, since you claim to be an expert.

And no, I am not reading your cherry picked source. All you do is look for anything that may or may not actually apply, most times not.
No need to toss insults, I can respond in kind if that's what you want.

So your response to my question is another question, I assume you have no answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Since nobody was there personally, everything is opinion including army investigators' words.

I believe the fellow soldiers who served with Bergdahl because they were there, and they had nothing to gain or lose. And their words are certainly not helping Bergdahl.

Once again, the ONLY point I was making is that nobody was there, nobody really knew his story, if you truly believe army investigators are unbiased, then good for you. I have my doubts.

Well yes but they are the opinions of people that were present on the base, rather than 2nd and 3rd hand information that is questionable. The soldiers had nothing to gain but they sure had an axe to grind, I don't blame them but they were other interviews and some of his platoon members had a different opinion.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:12 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
well, maybe you should tell others who said "there are no evidences to prove that he wanted to fight with the enemy " everything is just opinion at this point.

Be fair.

by the way, didn't I just say "How about we just don't know?" Funny that you just quote one sentence from my entire post. Maybe you just want to prove that I was biased. I don't know.
I just went back and reviewed that entire post to make sure I hadn't missed something. Three times. No "How about we just don't know?" in it. Allegations that Bergdahl deserted to join either the taliban or the russian mob were all I saw.

In the previous post that I was *not* responding to, I found this - "well, how about we just don't know if he wanted to join the enemy or not? although i am i'm inclined to believe that he did indeed want to join the enemy."

Yeah, I kinda think you are biased, given both these posts of yours, and pretty much all your posts in this thread.

When the final verdict is rendered, and *if* it turns out that Bergdahl is not convicted of desertion, will you accept the verdict? Just curious.

Edited to add - I have indeed challenged people other than you on their assumption that being charged of something means you are guilty of something.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:13 AM

39,219 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well yes but they are the opinions of people that were present on the base, rather than 2nd and 3rd hand information that is questionable. The soldiers had nothing to gain but they sure had an axe to grind, I don't blame them but they were other interviews and some of his platoon members had a different opinion.
well, can we move on now?

My conclusion is that nobody would EVER know the true story. You should stop defending bergdahl and painted him as some kind of victim. He has only himself to blame at this point.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I just went back and reviewed that entire post to make sure I hadn't missed something. Three times. No "How about we just don't know?" in it. Allegations that Bergdahl deserted to join either the taliban or the russian mob were all I saw.

In the previous post that I was *not* responding to, I found this - "well, how about we just don't know if he wanted to join the enemy or not? although i am i'm inclined to believe that he did indeed want to join the enemy."

Yeah, I kinda think you are biased, given both these posts of yours, and pretty much all your posts in this thread.

When the final verdict is rendered, and *if* it turns out that Bergdahl is not convicted of desertion, will you accept the verdict? Just curious.
well, like you are not biased. lol

bolded, everybody would have to accept the verdict. Do I think it is fair that he is not convicted of desertion? NO absolutely not.

At least I am honest.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
well, like you are not biased. lol

bolded, everybody would have to accept the verdict. Do I think it is fair that he is not convicted of desertion? NO absolutely not.

At least I am honest.
I have no opinion right now as to whether he is guilty or not. Honest. I don't even care much, it's the military's business. As long as he gets his due process, I'm good. We honored our commitment to leave no soldier behind, to me that's the most important thing about this whole incident.

What's been fascinating (and not in a good way) to watch is the switch between conservatives blaming Obama for not doing everything possible to get him back, and now, conservatives blaming Obama for doing what was possible to get him back. Dunno whether it was the same conservatives each time, but I suspect that, in at least some cases, it is the very same people.

OK, we do what it takes to get him back. I doubt anyone considered throwing him a parade, but it seems to me that throwing him a fair trial, without prejudgement, would have been kind of a nice gesture.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I have no opinion right now as to whether he is guilty or not. Honest. I don't even care much, it's the military's business. As long as he gets his due process, I'm good. We honored our commitment to leave no soldier behind, to me that's the most important thing about this whole incident.

What's been fascinating (and not in a good way) to watch is the switch between conservatives blaming Obama for not doing everything possible to get him back, and now, conservatives blaming Obama for doing what was possible to get him back. Dunno whether it was the same conservatives each time, but I suspect that, in at least some cases, it is the very same people.

OK, we do what it takes to get him back. I doubt anyone considered throwing him a parade, but it seems to me that throwing him a fair trial, without prejudgement, would have been kind of a nice gesture.
You do have an opinion. If you don't, you wouldn't be participating in this thread. Period.

I don't blame Obama, by the way. I just think it is grossly unfair that Bergdahl received special treatment, and my friend got screwed. My friend received bad paper because of minor drug issues.

Anyway, I have strong opinions and am biased, I agree. I believe the soldiers served with him, not some general who was never there.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
well, can we move on now?

My conclusion is that nobody would EVER know the true story. You should stop defending bergdahl and painted him as some kind of victim. He has only himself to blame at this point.
The recommendations will go to the base commander General Abrams, he can chose to ignore. Maybe by the end of the week there will be a decision.

You should read through the Stars & Stripes article, there is a good deal of sympathy for him from anyone in the military involved in the hearing or investigation.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
You do have an opinion. If you don't, you wouldn't be participating in this thread. Period.

I don't blame Obama, by the way. I just think it is grossly unfair that Bergdahl received special treatment, and my friend got screwed. My friend received bad paper because of minor drug issues.

Anyway, I have strong opinions and am biased, I agree. I believe the soldiers served with him, not some general who was never there.
Just opened the little door in my head and checked around. Nope, you're not in there. Please stop saying that you know better than I do what's in my own head.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Just opened the little door in my head and checked around. Nope, you're not in there. Please stop saying that you know better than I do what's in my own head.
If you don't have an opinion, you wouldn't be participating in this thread. You expressed your opinion fairly well in this thread actually.

I don't know what I have said so wrong. I don't care what is in your head, you quoted me remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies