Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the first democratic debate?
Clinton 61 36.53%
Sanders 71 42.51%
O'Malley 4 2.40%
Webb 27 16.17%
Chaffee 4 2.40%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 05:17 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
substance???? LMAO!!! how are they going to pay for all their promises with a 20 TRILLION dollar debt?

FREE healthcare for all including illegals ......free college for everybody including ILLEGALS.....raise the min. wage to $15.

Nobody talked about the national debt.....how they going to get China and India to go along with their liberal global warming of taxation? details??/

what is Hillary going to do, chase the Chinese President into a room and make him sign a deal about global warming like the B.S. she said in the debate? LOL
First, the debt isn't 20 trillion dollars.
Second, he outlined how he pays for added programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 05:19 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Actually if you watch the news - in the RNC debate the moderators when interviewed before the debate said that the questions they asked would lead to pitting the candidates against each other - where as Anderson Cooper stated in his predebate interview that the questions posed to the DNC candidates would try to illicit more of how they stand on positions. Two completely different formats - was that fair not to run both the same - I don't think so
But that is also driven by the fact that the Republicans were publicly insulting and attacking each other (e.g., the most prominent of which was Mr. Trump's commentary on iCarly's purportedly un-Presidential looks) before their debate, and they really ought to be called upon to explain their statements. There wasn't anything to pit the Democrats against each other for, because they have not made personal attacks on each other (and they did not last night). To be fair, I think that's a major part of the difference in the two debates.

Mick

Old 10-14-2015, 05:19 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Maybe you're focusing on the wrong part.... Maybe it's not about whether or not the site refers to illegal immigrants or legal immigrants, maybe the real question we should be asking is, why are we allowing people in to this country just to put them on the government dole? Don't we have enough of our own people that we need to help before expanding the welfare state to include new immigrants, illegal or not?
"come to America and suckle on the government teat".....

the me myself and I group -- have spoken- sorry bud -but they be first one to point the finger at our own poor and call them lazy and entitled - etc- the same things spew out of that thinking's mouths

Old 10-14-2015, 05:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
he is sincere alright....that's all I will give him.

How is giving free healthcare, free college for all including ILLEGALS and raise the min. wage to $15 an hour help the middle class?????.....does he know who is going to pay for all that in taxes????? the middle class!!!!

they guy is all talk NO details......we have a 20 trillion dollar debt and he wants to double it with free stuff he can't pay for? is that helping the middle class with his class warfare!

He couldn't take on Hillary who was standing 4 feet away on campaign dirty money and a wall street enabler with Obama and Bill but he is going to clean up the system?.....LMAO!!!
The middle class benefits from those programs and Bernie was quite clear that raising taxes on wealth would pay for them -- just like in every other modern nation.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:24 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Was there anything substantive discussed? I saw a couple of clips. Sounded pretty boring.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:26 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Webb: 'I'm a privileged idiot but my mom and dad grew up in poverty'
I was wondering who else was in this clown show.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:27 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
There were a few shots fired but the targets were very adept at dodging the bullets.
Yes, like the question asked of Hillary Clinton in regards to how can she be trusted if she cant even deal with an issue as small as emails.

Her response, lets talk about the issues important to americans, not that...

the typical non answer..

Old 10-14-2015, 05:28 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
If Bernie can't take on his party especially Hillary on campaign finance ans dirty money how is he going to take on the system.....he didn't even attack Hillary on this and she is very vulnerable.....the guy is a joke! soft.

You can't attack the "black guy" for fear of being labeled a "racist". You can't attack Hillary for fear of being labeled a "bully".

Old 10-14-2015, 05:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
My guess is, no. Democrats don't see those things as important. Global Warming is their big issue.
One of the questions dealt with the most important issue facing americans in regards to national security.

Yep, one of the candidates, I forget which on, I believe Bernie Sanders, said global warming..

Old 10-14-2015, 05:31 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Why would you think anyone around here watched Clowns spew ignorant nonsense??
Because all of you watched the exact same Clown fest on the other side? Maybe?

Or perhaps they wanted to see if Sanders would make the pledge to not run as an independent if he loses the primary . . . . lol

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies