Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 08:45 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Sure can. It's up to your side to find a candidate to beat her. The Apprentice guy? The brain surgeon? The failed Hewlett Packard CEO?

Who else ya got? A one armed trapeze artist?

I don't think she is the best of the worst.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:50 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
I still like John Kasich, but this sure moved the needle for Hillary in a positive manner for me.

I wonder how Trump would have handled it if he was in her situation for 11 hours. Now that would be real interesting!!

Old 10-22-2015, 08:53 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I still like John Kasich, but this sure moved the needle for Hillary in a positive manner for me.

I wonder how Trump would have handled it if he was in her situation for 11 hours. Now that would be real interesting!!
This post is the perfect example of how much damage the Republicans did to themselves today. Here we have someone who would vote for a Republican but is impressed enough with Clinton's performance today to have a positive response to her. This is the GOP's biggest fear come true.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:54 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post

Trump can't even handle a debate that lasts more than 2 hours ...

Old 10-22-2015, 08:58 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

Congratulations Hillary. Today, you displayed many strong attributes that a strong president should be equipped with.

What, oh what, will Republicans do now???
Unfortunately, I'm afraid to even think about it. They began this witch hunt to destroy her reputation, and will stop at nothing to keep another Democrat from getting into the White House.

if you're a Democrat, Republican or Independent, a man or a woman, liberal or conservative, all Americans should be proud of her endurance today and ashamed of the way Republicans have abused the taxpayer's money. Enough!

Old 10-22-2015, 09:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Sorry but to paraphrase U2, You still haven't found what you're dreaming for.
So, tell us why it was so important for Stevens to leave the safety of US Embassy Mission Tripoli to meet with the Turkish Delegation at US Consular Office Benghazi?

Why wasn't the embassy mission at Tripoli attacked? Why only the consular office?

Why did the attack occur after the Turkish Delegation had left?

What exactly were Stevens and the Turks discussing?

On September 11, 2012 every US diplomatic mission in a country with a significant Muslim population had demonstrations, violent protests or attacks. Why did Hillary believe Libya would be immune to such attacks?

Old 10-22-2015, 09:06 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I watched about 4 hours of it. Interesting how the republicans intended today to be the day they discredit Hillary but instead it made her come out on top. She remained in control the entire time while the republicans actually lost it more than a few times.
Kind of reminds me of the old saying "Be careful of what you wish for as you just might get it". The Republicans wanted her in front of the committee but it didn't turn out like they wanted it to.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:12 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Really...it will all be revealed in the weeks and months to come? They thought they were going to nail her today and they failed, this was their best shot. If they thought anything else was going to come out in the future they would have waited until then to call her. That clown car probably just handed the presidency to Hillary...I wonder how voters will feel about that when those blowhards run for re-election
BBM~~

Actually..those rerunning spent the whole day catering to their LOW life gerrymandered districts..and know when fed BS..they swallow it..and yell and scream..Yeah!!!!!! He/SHE is ME!!!! LOL..Pretty sad..when less than 15% of American society thinks like this actually controls how Government works.

Yes, I blame Boehner and soon to be Ryan..that minority screamers may continue to hamstring any Congressional movement to actually do ANYTHING to assist the American People!! ..SAD SAD!!

It appears Politics rule..Every elected politician is somehow expected to vote according to paid for votes..and NOT for the PEOPLE...This does not mean..Government can't nor does not attempt to help..yet defending and efforts constant to pare back anything that supports Women's access to HC or a whole lot of other defunding++++

Back when Benghazi actually happened..FUNDING was very redistricted...So Security decisions always took that into consideration..Yet these panelists had NOT clue their was a balancing of budget against best practice versus decision making!! BUT GOP forgets..they refused to FUND Security funds for Embassy security funding..Course that changed after Benghazi...However..This Select Committee forgets to mention just HOW TIGHT the funding was back then!!!

Below is just how some GOP reps's felt about Embassy security was viewed..SMH!!

GOP Rep: I ‘Absolutely’ Voted To Cut Funding For Embassy Security
BY BEN ARMBRUSTER OCT 10, 2012 12:20PM

Quote:
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) said today that he voted to cut funding for U.S. embassy security amid political attacks from Republicans that the Obama administration did not do enough to secure the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya that was attacked last month.
Republicans and their allies have been trying to politicize the attack — which killed four Americans, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya — suggesting, without evidence, the Obama administration may have ignored intelligence that the attack was imminent, didn’t properly secure the Benghazi compound and is now trying to cover it up.
But hidden beneath the GOP campaign is the fact that House Republicans voted to cut nearly $300 million from the U.S. embassy security budget. When asked if he voted to cut the funds this morning on CNN, Chaffetz said, “Absolutely“:
So It appears that the Holier Than Thou ..pretty well considered as below~~
characterized by an attitude of moral superiority.
"they had quite a critical, holier-than-thou approach"
synonyms > Gowdy> sanctimonious, self-righteous, smug, self-satisfied;

PUBS had absolutely no empathy for Chris or those who died heroically defending this outpost ...BUT today tried to present some sort of HOLIER THAN THOU 'Tude..Why didn't she do this or that..what did you do..why did you do this, that or another thing..then of course..WHY didn't you close that outpost..blah blah........State Department is HUGE..How is One person to be there 100% of the time ..impossible..so depend of designates to filter...These Politicians have to KNOW how info gets filtered to themselves?? It's called simply..Designations of powers and top person in certain positions signs off..whatever....HRC did not nor had to decide what was important nor what wasn't important...LOL..Surely International Security should never depend on one person to access..research..look into intel and make finale decisions..meanwhile travelling from Country to Country meeting with Heads of State etc...One Person cannot do it ALL!!

Bottomline~~ GOP denied Embassy Funding for security!!

GOP Rep: I 'Absolutely' Voted To Cut Funding For Embassy Security | ThinkProgress

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) said today that he voted to cut funding for U.S. embassy security amid political attacks from Republicans that the Obama administration did not do enough to secure the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya that was attacked last month.
Republicans and their allies have been trying to politicize the attack — which killed four Americans, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya — suggesting, without evidence, the Obama administration may have ignored intelligence that the attack was imminent, didn’t properly secure the Benghazi compound and is now trying to cover it up.
But hidden beneath the GOP campaign is the fact that House Republicans voted to cut nearly $300 million from the U.S. embassy security budget. When asked if he voted to cut the funds this morning on CNN, Chaffetz said, “Absolutely“:

It's no different than any Corporate person denying or firing employees and expecting the ones left to to do THE JOB @ 150% level of production or in State Department ..150% Security of ALL International Diplomats!! Yikes..Do these joker's really believe this ??
LOL..

Last edited by Lyndarn; 10-22-2015 at 09:33 PM..

Old 10-22-2015, 09:19 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,401 times
Yes she lied and continues to lie. What is America going to do. Nothing. We have no balls anymore.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:28 PM

7,080 posts, read 8,941,070 times
Hillary is a worthless, lying POS unfit to be dog catcher let alone president.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies