Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 09:27 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times

Advertisements

Still wondering why is the OP so scared to answer a simple question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 09:27 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Again … THAT is why America is so in love with guns, guns, guns and MORE guns … ???

Oh, please ...
That is putting words in my mouth; I am not saying that.

Quote:
The gun and ammo could be kept safely secured AT the range, yes … ???
Well, first of all, no, they can't. My range isn't set up for that. I asked about that when I started using them.

Secondly, there are two ranges in that town I use, so having my guns stored at one means I can't use the other range if I happen to be at the other end of town.

Third, my range isn't in my town, so if my guns are stored there and I am traveling, it means I have to add at least 90 minutes on each end of my travel plans, to say nothing about adjusting my travel times so to be there when they are open. Rather a massive inconvenience ..... which is one of the things I believe gun control people seek, to make gun ownership so inconvenient that it is not worth it anymore.

Fourth, it means that I am trusting the maintenance of my life insurance to someone else. After all, if that spring in the magazine goes out, one is in trouble.

Fifth, marksmanship is an expensive activity and I do like to forage for my supplies, finding the better price, diversifying as I find good merchants, (and learning which ones to avoid), learning about what is good out there, and what isn't. For example, there are many countries of manufacture that I will buy ammo from.....but I won't touch Indian because even though it may be among the cheapest, the lack of quality control makes it a safety hazard.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:28 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Gun safe … Guns kept secured trigger locked unloaded … Ammo stored securely separately ...

I do that now. (Per MA firearm laws) Why can't I keep a 30-rd magazine stored in there too? WHy does it need to be locked up at the range? What is it that you don't trust about me keeping a 30-rd magazine at home?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:31 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,592,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I do that now. (Per MA firearm laws) Why can't I keep a 30-rd magazine stored in there too? WHy does it need to be locked up at the range? What is it that you don't trust about me keeping a 30-rd magazine at home?
LOL …

As long as the 30 rd. mag stays locked up, I suppose it will not be involved in a *problem* ...

Old 10-14-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
That is putting words in my mouth; I am not saying that.

Well, first of all, no, they can't. My range isn't set up for that. I asked about that when I started using them.

Secondly, there are two ranges in that town I use, so having my guns stored at one means I can't use the other range if I happen to be at the other end of town.

Third, my range isn't in my town, so if my guns are stored there and I am traveling, it means I have to add at least 90 minutes on each end of my travel plans, to say nothing about adjusting my travel times so to be there when they are open. Rather a massive inconvenience ..... which is one of the things I believe gun control people seek, to make gun ownership so inconvenient that it is not worth it anymore.

Fourth, it means that I am trusting the maintenance of my life insurance to someone else. After all, if that spring in the magazine goes out, one is in trouble.

Fifth, marksmanship is an expensive activity and I do like to forage for my supplies, finding the better price, diversifying as I find good merchants, (and learning which ones to avoid), learning about what is good out there, and what isn't. For example, there are many countries of manufacture that I will buy ammo from.....but I won't touch Indian because even though it may be among the cheapest, the lack of quality control makes it a safety hazard.
Well, since you are ready 24/7/365 for a crash in the outback, I suppose you keep your weapons with you at all times … ???

Old 10-14-2015, 09:33 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,518,800 times
Quote:
Gun safe … Guns kept secured trigger locked unloaded … Ammo stored securely separately ...
Go get gun, unlock trigger. Go get ammo. Load gun. You claim to be a former gun owner.

Completely unbelievable and not credible.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Go get gun, unlock trigger. Go get ammo. Load gun. You claim to be a former gun owner.

Completely unbelievable and not credible.
No … Pay attention …

I am a gun owner right now, today (October 14, 2015, 10:35 CDT) ...

Old 10-14-2015, 09:41 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Well, since you are ready 24/7/365 for a crash in the outback, I suppose you keep your weapons with you at all times … ???
I didn't say that.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:45 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Now.. In addition to all of that. I am in favor of gun rights being able to be restored to those who lose them. Certainly not automatically, but they should have the chance. Technically, that's the law right now, but the ATF has been directed that they are to spend no money on investigating whether gun rights should be restored. So, anyone who is convicted of a felony, loses gun rights forever. I disagree. After a set timeframe, someone should be able to petition to have their gun rights restored. Perhaps that's limited to rifles and not handguns.. I'm flexible on that.. but I find zero reason that someone convicted of moonshining in 1940 cannot own a gun today. I am of the same mind on voting rights. Being convicted of a felony should never remove your right to vote once you have completed your sentence.
I agree completely, there was a 65 year old man in Reno who went to a gun shop and bought a gun, he passed the background check but a few weeks later ATF showed up and arrested him. It seems that when he was 18 or 19 he had stolen a car and that record was not computerized but found later in a manual search. I was appalled that they arrested him, he had never been arrested since that auto theft and was by all appearances a responsible citizen. I would even say that for non-violent, non serious crimes like breaking in a car, restore guns if there are no subsequent arrests within 5 years. For a single more serious felony maybe 10 years with no police contact. I remember when a ex-felon could legally buy a long gun in California, they were only prohibited from handgun ownership (yeah, that's how old I am- I admit it)

Last edited by 2sleepy; 10-14-2015 at 10:40 PM..

Old 10-14-2015, 09:46 PM

16,548 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
It is true that those who support the most restrictive gun controls also own guns.

Why then do all those people not simply turn in their guns and go on record as having done so? Shouldn't they participate in a national "I am unarmed" registry to demonstrate their "I do as I say" attitudes?
One word answers your question and sums up the liberal left better than anything else;

HYPOCRASY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies