Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2015, 05:43 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,013,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Thus, providing *FREE* guns to criminals ...
And how does reporting the gun stolen prevent the gun from being used in a crime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 05:56 PM

269 posts, read 178,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Because I want a gun, but I just don't want you to have one.
This x100 lol

I own an arsenal of guns, and I carry everyday; however, most gun enthusiasts that share my passion for firearms are complete idiots. A good percentage of the people at my local shooting range have no business owning a gun IMHO. I fully support the notion of disarming stupid paranoid people that are literally ticking time bombs when put into the right situation.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:40 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
"Why do gun control people own guns?"

Common sense, sanity, sense of public responsibility, rationality... that would be my guess.
My guess, by people such as you provide, those people that own guns and want to control guns, are whinny little babies, they have no balls, are scared, they need to learn how to fight, they should get alarms, don't own baseball bats, don't have dogs, and area all around scared.....

Old 10-17-2015, 07:42 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Thus, providing *FREE* guns to criminals ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
And how does reporting the gun stolen prevent the gun from being used in a crime?
I really hope you don't expect an honest answer.....but he'll tell you his is/was a biologist and a clergyman...

But ya, whatever....

Old 10-17-2015, 07:54 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
A database of people who have reported guns stolen would be compiled and would be a 'backdoor registration scheme? A registration database of what, people who used to have guns
You conveniently skipped over the "if the gun is recovered and returned to the owner..." part.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
You conveniently skipped over the "if the gun is recovered and returned to the owner..." part.
If the owner is worried about that part they would report the gun stolen.

Do you think that if someone breaks into my house, I should be required to report it, even if nothing was taken?

Old 10-17-2015, 08:11 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Doesn't matter if you have a gun or don't have a gun. If you want to regulate Guns more, with a bunch of stupid Laws that accomplish nothing to disarm Criminals, then your anti-gun.
You don't have a clue as to how many "straw purchases" are made every year, because you rely on other "Gun Grabber" to tell you, and they depend on other ones to tell them. No one knows, including you, since I am sure they didn't line up at your front door to report their purchases to you. "He said, she said, they said" doesn't make you the one with the only clue. I am opposed to anything Gun Grabbers want. They can not be trusted, and all have their eyes focused on disarming America. I may report mine stolen if its registered, to collect the insurance and replace it. I would not is it was unregistered. No need to report it Because it Accomplishes nothing. Tell me what purpose it would serve?
I already explained to you why it's important to do something about straw purchasers and I linked a report that indicated that a large number of dealers surveyed expressed willingness to do business with straw purchasers. But feel free to talk to an investigator in your local Police Dept., ask them if they think it's a problem.

What registry are you talking about when you say you would not report the loss or theft of a gun if it wasn't registered? I understand that you don't want anyone taking your guns away, or prohibiting you from buying additional guns, I don't want that either, but when you react so vehemently to legislation that would not in any way affect the gun rights of a responsible citizen I'm left sitting here scratching my head.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:23 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Keeping a loaded unsecured gun in the home (potentially) provides a *FREE* gun to a criminal …
How would "reporting" it having been stolen keep it out of the hands of the person who already stole it … ???

duh

Old 10-17-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Keeping a loaded unsecured gun in the home (potentially) provides a *FREE* gun to a criminal …
How would "reporting" it having been stolen keep it out of the hands of the person who already stole it … ???

duh
You realize you didnt answer the question at all, right?

Old 10-18-2015, 03:14 AM

836 posts, read 1,778,313 times
Sorry, I am late on this, as the discussion must be long past it... but this is the issue I just can't keep my mouth shut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
You are mistaken that those that support reasonable gun control are "anti" gun. It couldn't be further from the truth. I support common-sense reforms. I have no interest in taking away everyone's guns.
My thoughts exactly!

Gun-control does NOT mean "no guns"!! So why would they want to give up theirs or take away yours?
God knows, we do need a bit more gun control in this country! (coming from someone with a prospective of living elsewhere)
But every time this issue comes up, all I hear from everywhere "Oh, no, this is my basic right to own a gun, they can't take away that right!.. " All the same words, and you can't even try to say anything different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
It isn't an all or nothing choice. That's being sold to you by people with a great deal of financial interest in the selling of guns.
Almost everyone in my circle is in favor of reform. I can't think of a single one that wants to remove guns from everyone's hands. I know they are out there, but not everyone of us is an anti-gun nut. Don't let greedy people lobbying on behalf of manufacturers make you believe otherwise.
Exactly! It just seems so obvious... it's big business, tons of money involved, so naturally they would not want to risk losing customers (even theoretically). Naturally, they'd use every chance there is, to convince people that it is "All or nothing". Unfortunately, most people don't look past their catchy phrases and propaganda... MONEY is behind that thinking.

(I don't think any other country has such high rate of mass shooting incidents Yet, everyone around me seems to think that solution is more guns! Wonder who'd benefit from that? )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies