Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 07:59 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
Remember canidate Obama's comments about how Americans are the bitter clingersWell, he just made essentially the same comment once again, confirming hiscontinued disdain for Christians in the US

Here's his famous comment during a fundraiser in San Francisco in 2008:

"You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Here's Obama September 14th, President Barack Obama interviewed Pulitzer Prize-winning author Marilynne Robinson in Iowa.*During the interview,*repeating essentially the same thing:

"How do you reconcile the idea of faith being really important to you and you caring a lot about taking faith seriously with the fact that, at least in our democracy and our civic discourse, it seems as if folks who take religion the most seriously sometimes are also those who are suspicious of those not like them?”

Yup, those Americans who "have racism in their DNA" cling to their religion have antipathy for people who are not like them, eh?

Remember the comment from Obama earlier this year?

“And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ.”

I'm tired of the man always insulting and talking down to the people. He has disdain for Americans, ans especially Christians, fine, but he can keep those thoughts yo himself.
It's simpler than that. He has a deep rooted hatred for whitey. Period. Not sure why, I lived in Hawaii during the time he did....it was a good place to be of color as the locals pretty much did not like, and continue to not like, Whitey. The root of all evil....talk about clinging on to older beliefs! Have you met any black person who did NOT live through segregation (they would all be about 45 and younger now) that didn't have a chip on THEIR shoulders? Where did they learn THAT? At home, where else.

They weren't in the back of the bus. Noooooooo, they enjoyed a LARGE amount of set asides. They dominate every public service sector in any major city and promptly run them into the ground. I can't think of any major city they dominate that isn't on life support by taxing everything that moves. Just try to get a job in the public sector in these major cities. Not going to happen. But dare we say reverse discrimination? Oh noooooooo, that doesn't exist, right?

Look at his staff. Reads like the campus of Spellman and Clark colleges and the Black Panthers....Where learning to hate whitey is a core doctrine. White hatred juuuuuuust simmering underneath their breath. The ironic thing is that it's not like all these wonderful immigrants he points to and the village people have come in and done anything with these towns either. Except maybe, run them down further?

Cleveland....Chicago....Detroit.....Baltimore....D C.....NYC....Oakland.....Los Angeles......Hartford.......Atlanta.....Myami..... Milwaukee......New Orleans.....right Mr. President....we really have been waiting the arrival of more of this.....I know when we look for rejuvenation in the US economy, the first thing we look for is more unions, immigrants and higher taxes as a way of "improving" things...........sigh....

So tell us Mr. President, other than running up an enormous tax system that strangles just about every small business in America as well as the large ones, what, exactly, have all these folks done to improve things? Riddle me that. Is the end game to kill capitalism once and for all? Smart money says that if you do, those same folks that have been living off the public teet all these 50 years are going to riot when there is no neighbor left to sack.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:01 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Well said.......even more strange these people don't even know drugs are being done around them. Lost in Utopia.

Rural America in no way looks like Los Angeles, Detroit, New York City, etc.....

Make no mistake, rural America has it's issues with poverty, crime, and drug use, not to mention has taken a hit due to horrible trade policies like ummmmm NAFTA that have forced jobs overseas. And don't get me wrong, I love going into the city to catch the urban vibe. Hell when I was in my early 20s I spent weekends partying in Cleveland's former party district the Flats. Where I live is just over a half hour away from downtown Cleveland. Close enough to get there quickly to catch that urban vibe, and far enough away to not have to deal with the BS! At any rate, if things do go south in this country, I want to be nowhere near a big city when it happens! No thanks!

Old 10-15-2015, 08:02 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
Remember canidate Obama's comments about how Americans are the bitter clingersWell, he just made essentially the same comment once again, confirming hiscontinued disdain for Christians in the US

Here's his famous comment during a fundraiser in San Francisco in 2008:

"You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Here's Obama September 14th, President Barack Obama interviewed Pulitzer Prize-winning author Marilynne Robinson in Iowa.*During the interview,*repeating essentially the same thing:

"How do you reconcile the idea of faith being really important to you and you caring a lot about taking faith seriously with the fact that, at least in our democracy and our civic discourse, it seems as if folks who take religion the most seriously sometimes are also those who are suspicious of those not like them?”

Yup, those Americans who "have racism in their DNA" cling to their religion have antipathy for people who are not like them, eh?

Remember the comment from Obama earlier this year?

“And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ.”

I'm tired of the man always insulting and talking down to the people. He has disdain for Americans, ans especially Christians, fine, but he can keep those thoughts yo himself.
Umm. Exactly what did he say that was not factual?

I thought all conservatives were oh so tired of being politically correct? I hate to tell you - but that also applies to opinions that you DON"T agree with.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:04 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
We've got many Conservatives hiding out in the back woods, clinging to their guns, their bibles, and their racist attitudes.
I've never seen anything more racist than Obama's and Rev. Wright's church's view.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:15 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Plenty of crappy small towns. Rural America is on government programs and meth.
The rate of food stamp use in New York City is 2-3 times higher than in the rural county where I'm from. The poverty rate is also 50% lower than the national average.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:15 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
It's simpler than that. He has a deep rooted hatred for whitey. Period.
Yes. And that hatred was stoked by a Black Liberation Theology church for 20+ years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Rev. Wright in 2007:
"The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology."
https://web.archive.org/web/20080905190421/http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

Dr. James H. Cone on Black Liberation Theology:

"all white men are responsible for white oppression"
Black theology and black power - James H. Cone - Google Books+

"The goal of black theology is the destruction of everything white, so that blacks can be liberated from alien gods."
A Black Theology of Liberation - James H. Cone - Google Books

"The free per­son in America is the one who does not tolerate whiteness but fights against it, knowing that it is the source of human misery."
A Black Theology of Liberation - James H. Cone - Google Books

"Most whites, some despite involvement in protests, do believe in "freedom in democracy," and they fight to make the ideals of the Constitution an empirical reality for all. It seems that they believe that, if we just work hard enough at it, this country can be what it ought to be. But it never dawns on these do-gooders that what is wrong with America is not its failure to make the Constitution a reality for all, but rather its belief that persons can affirm whiteness and humanity at the same time."
https://books.google.com/books?id=HWINAQAAQBAJ&lpg=PP1&pg=PT107#v=onepage&q =Most%20whites,%20some%20despite%20involvement&f=f alse

James Cone's CV, listing him as the founder of Black Liberation Theology:
https://utsnyc.edu/academics/faculty/james-h-cone/
[/quote]

Old 10-15-2015, 08:44 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The OP made it clear, 0bama was reiterating almost exactly what he said back in 2008. Twice now, 0bama has said devote Christians have antipathy for those not like them.

The truth is that Christians in the US are the most inclusive and accepting people. People make cartoons of Jesus, makes jokes of Jesus and God. and make fun of the pope, and even make a mockery of Christmas with Santa Claus and Rudolph. No one fears for their life that Christians will hunt them down and chop their head off for any of these affronts to their Christian religion.

It was abolitionist Christians, thru their church organizations, that led the fight against slavery, and it was the church where the civil rights movement rose up from, in the 1950s and '60s.
Part of Dr. King's critique of religious organizations found in his "Letter from Birmingham Jail."

“Letter From Birmingham Jail”
I have heard numerous southern religious leaders admonish their worshipers to comply with a desegregation decision because it is the law, but I have longed to hear white ministers declare: "Follow this decree because integration is morally right and because the Negro is your brother." In the midst of blatant injustices inflicted upon the Negro, I have watched white churchmen stand on the sideline and mouth pious irrelevancies and sanctimonious trivialities. In the midst of a mighty struggle to rid our nation of racial and economic injustice, I have heard many ministers say: "Those are social issues, with which the gospel has no real concern." And I have watched many churches commit themselves to a completely otherworldly religion which makes a strange, un-Biblical distinction between body and soul, between the sacred and the secular.

I have traveled the length and breadth of Alabama, Mississippi and all the other southern states. On sweltering summer days and crisp autumn mornings I have looked at the South's beautiful churches with their lofty spires pointing heavenward. I have beheld the impressive outlines of her massive religious-education buildings. Over and over I have found myself asking: "What kind of people worship here? Who is their God? Where were their voices when the lips of Governor Barnett dripped with words of interposition and nullification? Where were they when Governor Wallace gave a clarion call for defiance and hatred? Where were their voices of support when bruised and weary Negro men and women decided to rise from the dark dungeons of complacency to the bright hills of creative protest?"

Yes, these questions are still in my mind. In deep disappointment I have wept over the laxity of the church. But be assured that my tears have been tears of love. There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love. Yes, I love the church. How could I do otherwise? l am in the rather unique position of being the son, the grandson and the great-grandson of preachers. Yes, I see the church as the body of Christ. But, oh! How we have blemished and scarred that body through social neglect and through fear of being nonconformists.
Things are different now. So often the contemporary church is a weak, ineffectual voice with an uncertain sound. So often it is an archdefender of the status quo. Far from being disturbed by the presence of the church, the power structure of the average community is consoled by the church's silent–and often even vocal–sanction of things as they are.
But the judgment of God is upon the church as never before. If today's church does not recapture the sacrificial spirit of the early church, it will lose its authenticity, forfeit the loyalty of millions, and be dismissed as an irrelevant social club with no meaning for the twentieth century. Every day I meet young people whose disappointment with the church has turned into outright disgust.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Its amazing that people who think of themselves as tolerant can so openly wear their disdain and bigotry towards rural Americans like a badge of honor. Referring to these people as 'inbred', or 'hicks' is no better than offensive stereotypes aimed at minorities or gays. It only exposes how close-minded these people are.

I grew up in a rural area. My family still lives there, and I can assure you that neither they, nor the masses of other people that live there fit this idiotic stereotype that city-dwelling elites have built up about people who live in the country. You know, the people who grow the food and create the energy that makes city living possible.

I grew up in the suburbs. Where I live now is more like an exurb. Where I grew up used to be very rural, and I mean when my stepdad was growing up there was one school that housed all of the students in the community from kindergarten, all the way up to 12th grade. The community has grown substantially and is one of the biggest Cleveland suburbs. At any rate, my community has a mix of urban and rural areas. I live in a condo in a development, and despite living in close quarters to others, it is very quiet, and there is a lot of nature. But I digress. I have 2 neighbors, both older gentleman from very different backgrounds. One grew up in Cleveland, the other on a farm outside of Columbus. Both have become somewhat doomsday preppers if you will, in the sense they stockpile food and toiletries. Both have vast knowledge of how to prepare, and cook food from scratch, as well as preserve it. They make their own bread, and they even make their own ice cream. If things went south, they would not hesitate to shoot any idiots who filtered down our way from the big city and try to steal their stuff. I'm actually envious of them, as admittedly I am nowhere near as prepared, but that is indeed changing.

I live close enough to the city where it's not too inconvenient to get there, but far enough away from the BS that tends to plague major urban areas. In fact the older I get, the further out I want to get, but the wife doesn't share the same view, as she is even more of a city person than I am. I'm working on it though. When we first moved to our location, we were the first in our unit, and the other condos around us weren't built yet. The industrial parkway wasn't even full yet. She was so freaked out by the quiet, whereas I who grew up doing a lot of camping loved it. She has since grown to appreciate it. I think it is way easier for an urban dweller to adjust to rural living than the other way around. So, I have developed much respect for those who reside in rural areas, and am trying to learn from them.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:50 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I grew up in the suburbs. Where I live now is more like an exurb. Where I grew up used to be very rural, and I mean when my stepdad was growing up there was one school that housed all of the students in the community from kindergarten, all the way up to 12th grade. The community has grown substantially and is one of the biggest Cleveland suburbs. At any rate, my community has a mix of urban and rural areas. I live in a condo in a development, and despite living in close quarters to others, it is very quiet, and there is a lot of nature. But I digress. I have 2 neighbors, both older gentleman from very different backgrounds. One grew up in Cleveland, the other on a farm outside of Columbus. Both have become somewhat doomsday preppers if you will, in the sense they stockpile food and toiletries. Both have vast knowledge of how to prepare, and cook food from scratch, as well as preserve it. They make their own bread, and they even make their own ice cream. If things went south, they would not hesitate to shoot any idiots who filtered down our way from the big city and try to steal their stuff. I'm actually envious of them, as admittedly I am nowhere near as prepared, but that is indeed changing.

I live close enough to the city where it's not too inconvenient to get there, but far enough away from the BS that tends to plague major urban areas. In fact the older I get, the further out I want to get, but the wife doesn't share the same view, as she is even more of a city person than I am. I'm working on it though. When we first moved to our location, we were the first in our unit, and the other condos around us weren't built yet. The industrial parkway wasn't even full yet. She was so freaked out by the quiet, whereas I who grew up doing a lot of camping loved it. She has since grown to appreciate it. I think it is way easier for an urban dweller to adjust to rural living than the other way around. So, I have developed much respect for those who reside in rural areas, and am trying to learn from them.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:52 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Yeah I don't believe he is. He's either agnostic or atheist.

There will come a time when to be president one doesn't have to bow before the bible, but America isn't ready for that yet. It took 200 years for America to have a Catholic, hopefully it will be faster before we get an open non-Christian.
\

Barry is a muslim who converted to black liberation theogy that preaches that blacks are superior to whites. This is why he has a warped opinion of Americans. He is still bitter that Britain jailed his communist grandfather and Harvard kicked his father out of school for bigamy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies