Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 01:19 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah, so about 4 or 5 years ago, I go to my cousin Joey's place right next to the tattoo shop and there are always cool people around, and being so freakishly white, I need to tan at Joey's place so's I get there and Joey is like,'' Dude, I am going to have to charge you double,'' and so I said,'' Yo Joey, what's up with that dude? I am your own kin.''

Turned out that Obama had done gone and went and taxed my cousin Joey almost out of Businesses and he goes into telling me how the industry has lost thousands of jobs because of the tanning tax and the ridiculous laws they put on those evil tanners, and so Bo comes walking into the shop, and Bo goes into telling me that even the Tattoo industry is in trouble and the government wants to tax your tattoos. I gotta tell ya, I didn't know what to think after talking with Bo and Joey, this was my last place to feel at home away from home and the tanning place was about to go under cause of Obama care taxes against it.

Now I am not a greedy man, I don't mind paying my fair share of taxes but BY GOD, do they have to freaking tax EVERYTHING?

Wouldn't ya just know it, My cousin Joey comes by a couple weeks later because he couldn't afford all the taxes after the government went after they money right outta Joey's pocket so I felt sorry for him and found him a Gig out at Thompson bottom where we charge people to take them out in the woods and tell them stories of Cat woman while sitting in a boat being pulled by a trailer down the rode like they on a fishing adventure. We pull up with some Led Zepplin playing the rain song fixing to go into some pink Floyd and while the boaters are having a tom Collins on board Joey is getting ready to do his thang. Now see, Joey is hiding under a bridge when we pull up and we go into the factual account of the cat woman attack down at Thompson Bottum near Booth and Joey goes into making cat calls and such when everyone spills they drink.

But dang the bad luck, Joey had a cool tanning business until Obama care taxes and he had to let Verne and Eldaweena go, and that's all Elda ever knew was the tanning business. I tried to get her a gig with the cat woman bit also but she wouldn't fit in the suite.
According to this article below, the tax is 10% and it hasn't cut down on the number of tans given -- which kinda undercuts everything your claimed, which first was "charge you double." Perhaps in hick math, 10% is double. The other claim you had was that taxing parlors out of business.

Obamacare's 'tanning tax' is here to stay - Jun. 28, 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 01:45 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,889 times
Quote:
Yeah, so about 4 or 5 years ago, I go to my cousin Joey's place right next to the tattoo shop and there are always cool people around, and being so freakishly white, I need to tan at Joey's place so's I get there and Joey is like,'' Dude, I am going to have to charge you double,'' and so I said,'' Yo Joey, what's up with that dude? I am your own kin.''

Turned out that Obama had done gone and went and taxed my cousin Joey almost out of Businesses and he goes into telling me how the industry has lost thousands of jobs because of the tanning tax and the ridiculous laws they put on those evil tanners, and so Bo comes walking into the shop, and Bo goes into telling me that even the Tattoo industry is in trouble and the government wants to tax your tattoos. I gotta tell ya, I didn't know what to think after talking with Bo and Joey, this was my last place to feel at home away from home and the tanning place was about to go under cause of Obama care taxes against it.

Now I am not a greedy man, I don't mind paying my fair share of taxes but BY GOD, do they have to freaking tax EVERYTHING?

Wouldn't ya just know it, My cousin Joey comes by a couple weeks later because he couldn't afford all the taxes after the government went after they money right outta Joey's pocket so I felt sorry for him and found him a Gig out at Thompson bottom where we charge people to take them out in the woods and tell them stories of Cat woman while sitting in a boat being pulled by a trailer down the rode like they on a fishing adventure. We pull up with some Led Zepplin playing the rain song fixing to go into some pink Floyd and while the boaters are having a tom Collins on board Joey is getting ready to do his thang. Now see, Joey is hiding under a bridge when we pull up and we go into the factual account of the cat woman attack down at Thompson Bottum near Booth and Joey goes into making cat calls and such when everyone spills they drink.

But dang the bad luck, Joey had a cool tanning business until Obama care taxes and he had to let Verne and Eldaweena go, and that's all Elda ever knew was the tanning business. I tried to get her a gig with the cat woman bit also but she wouldn't fit in the suite.
Well that just made my lunch break immensely more entertaining.

I really think you should post that on the judaism forum. That story is that amazing.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:48 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
According to this article below, the tax is 10% and it hasn't cut down on the number of tans given -- which kinda undercuts everything your claimed, which first was "charge you double." Perhaps in hick math, 10% is double. The other claim you had was that taxing parlors out of business.

Obamacare's 'tanning tax' is here to stay - Jun. 28, 2012
Wow, I can't believe you almost got me in trouble with my cousin Joey. I read what you wrote and called him up fixing to give him a piece of my mind and then he says like,'' Wait dude, You already sound like one of those liberal democrats, was up with you?''

Then he told me to look up the statistics and imagine my embarrassment at having doubted Joey over you.

In 2009, a 10% Tan Tax was passed as part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The

consequences of this excise tax have been the closure of 9,658 businesses and the

elimination of 81,000 jobs, while the tax failed to generate even one-third of the projected

revenues while costing an additional $11 million per year to administrate.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:58 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Highest tax revenue in history and no budget for 6 years, still running a deficit and paying bills using other people's money. Yup, Obama functions like voting liberals manage their lives.

Get as much and spend as much as you can as long as it's some else's money.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:07 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Wow, I can't believe you almost got me in trouble with my cousin Joey. I read what you wrote and called him up fixing to give him a piece of my mind and then he says like,'' Wait dude, You already sound like one of those liberal democrats, was up with you?''

Then he told me to look up the statistics and imagine my embarrassment at having doubted Joey over you.

consequences of this excise tax have been the closure of 9,658 businesses and the

elimination of 81,000 jobs, while the tax failed to generate even one-third of the projected

I am sure you have one of them thangs called a citation -- not that I don't take whatchsay as the lord's honest truth.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:10 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
I am very happy that you have accumulated over $5 million in assets that your daughter would be taxes upon your passing. Only a sliver of the top 1% can say that.

If you are talking about the real estate transfer tax, that's a few hundred dollars on a half a million dollar property.

it is called saving, investing smart, and only spending what i needed. I came from a middle class background, and am a disabled vet. nothing special except the willingness to save for my future and my daughters future.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
I am sure you have one of them thangs called a citation -- not that I don't take whatchsay as the lord's honest truth.
WHY I OUTTA!

Soon as I find out what a citation is, I got a feeling you better not be around cause you are going to have to eat those words!

I am getting a feeling about you and you are fixing to get on the Merle Haggard side of me and let me tell ya, that aint a good place to be. Are you trying to make fun of the way I talk because I quit school in the 8th grade. I may not be as book smart as you but I can tell when somebody is trying to put grits in my cornbread.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:

Forbes Welcome

Old 10-16-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Read that in Forbes.

Forbes Welcome

Old 10-16-2015, 04:38 PM

What would it matter if it was 50,000 dollars or 50 million dollars?

I mean why does somebody get to decide that you have made more money than they think you should make and so they come and take half of what your parents had worked hard for all their lives, suddenly it belongs to the government?

And because you institute a tax that is extremely unfair to the higher bracket, you have now set a precedent that will in no way stop there. How long before the government decides that 100, 000 dollars is to much for an American to make so they take yours also? The government is so strapped for money, that they are going to find more ways to take your money, and if you don't stand up against an unfair taxation of an American, then how long will it really be before they go after more people?

Nobody should decide that because a high end earner has more, that suddenly half he owns is taken from his family.

Where will it stop, if we allow them to make special rules to take people's money, how long will it be before they make a decision on all of us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies