Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 10:54 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Christianity is the single largest blessing this country has and it has benefited millions of people for a few hundred years.

The Impact of Christianity - Faith Facts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Little short sighted. What about all the non Christians who inhabit our country? Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, etc???????????

OK, I`ll ask...what about them?

Old 10-14-2015, 11:21 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Christianity is the single largest blessing this country has and it has benefited millions of people for a few hundred years. That much is obvious. But the blessings of Christianity have been the mainstay of our country for a long time.
-----------------
"Christianity is responsible for the way our society is organized and for the way we currently live. So extensive is the Christian contribution to our laws, our economics, our politics, our arts, our calendar, our holidays, and our moral and cultural priorities that historian J. M. Robers writes in The Triumph of the West, 'We could none of us today be what we are if a handful of Jews nearly two thousand years ago had not believed that they had known a great teacher, seen him crucified, dead, and buried, and then rise again.' " (From the book What's So Great about Christianity by Dinesh D'Souza.)

The Impact of Christianity - Faith Facts
I disagree....
You find as you look around the world that every single bit of progress in humane feeling, every improvement in the criminal law, every step toward the diminution of war, every step toward better treatment of the colored races, or every mitigation of slavery, every moral progress that there has been in the world, has been consistently opposed by the organized churches of the world. I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world.
Bertrand Russell

Old 10-15-2015, 05:10 AM

35,693 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Real Christianity was about LOVE and sacrifice for our fellow brother-- there are pockets of very unselfish people- as the RED CROSS who own that value-- but IF Jesus came to a debate- be sending massive amount of those letters in Revelation...
I view my faith on a very personal level -only to be answered by myself and God - and not pooled in with the title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies