Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2015, 07:52 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I can support some of his proposal but to require that California citizens give away large capacity magazines is appalling. I know that California citizens would vote this law into place though I do believe that the Supreme Court would have to remove the portion of the mandatory confiscation of magazines. Magazines should be grandfathered in.
Why? your right to own a gun is not compromised because you can only own a magazine capable of holding 10 rounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 08:01 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Why? your right to own a gun is not compromised because you can only own a magazine capable of holding 10 rounds.
But what's the point?
It only impacts the honest citizen.
If a criminal is using a gun, it's already illegal.
If he has a hi-cap magazine, is it more illegal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQiVBvy0m0

Old 10-17-2015, 08:18 PM

A demonstration of how little magazine restrictions accomplish.
At 11 minutes, a shooter gets 30 rounds on target from a bag of
revolvers faster than he did from a Glock 19 with 15 round magazines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSySuemiHU

The mighty accomplishment of magazine restrictions
will simply force people to carry more magazines.
Effin' brilliant!

Old 10-17-2015, 08:32 PM

36 posts, read 32,609 times
Yah 2sleepy That is why I said at the beginning "I can't say with 100% certainty." because you just never truly know. And you can do is look at past decisions and assume they would follow the same lines.

The Hollow Points don't surprise me to much. Banning one type of bullet. Wouldn't keep someone from using a gun for self defense. There are non hollow point choices they could use.

I do find the Trigger Lock or Secure Cabinet surprising though. Especially since the Supreme Court has judged already in another case that Trigger Locks are in fact unconstitutional. I guess the fact that you can still carry the weapon on you and not locked up in your house. Might have something to do with it. Or maybe they feel there have been advancements since the last ruling where today's Trigger Locks are easier to use and come off quicker so they don't hinder your ability to arm yourself quickly as much as they use to?

Or it could be simply that the Supreme Court refused to hear the case at this time and might take up the case at a latter date. But the Court refusing to hear a case. Is not quit the same as a court making a judgement for a case. I guess time will tell.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
But what's the point?
It only impacts the honest citizen.
If a criminal is using a gun, it's already illegal.
If he has a hi-cap magazine, is it more illegal?
Anything we can do to slow down a mass killer is good, the more times they have to reload the fewer innocents they can take out.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Anything we can do to slow down a mass killer is good, the more times they have to reload the fewer innocents they can take out.
Watch the video in post 93.
See how much good it does.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
A demonstration of how little magazine restrictions accomplish.
At 11 minutes, a shooter gets 30 rounds on target from a bag of
revolvers faster than he did from a Glock 19 with 15 round magazines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSySuemiHU

The mighty accomplishment of magazine restrictions
will simply force people to carry more magazines.
Effin' brilliant!
Brilliant? someone who has obviously spent a ton of time practicing and has magazines laid out in front of them in position to load them quickly proves exactly WHAT? Real life doesn't work that way.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:42 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Today I bought pounds of powder and primers. I'm set. These stupid laws won't affect me or any moron mass shooter. Only law abiding citizens will eat this @#$% sandwich while the rest of you loons look on thinking you've done some type of great thing. HA

Laws against those who already don't break laws are stupid, as are the people that back them.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Watch the video in post 93.
See how much good it does.
I did watch it and I think the Sheriff or whatever he is is being slightly disingenuous. How many school shootings have occurred where the shooter had an opportunity to arrange his spare magazines on a table before he started firing?

Old 10-17-2015, 08:46 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
Quote:
The fact that it slows down the victims fighting back doesn't register on the anti gun crowd. And everyone knows crimnals respect the law, that's why all these attacks are in gun free zones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies