Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 12:29 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,207,418 times

Advertisements

Please explain why no new businesses have been created since the 70's.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:58 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,264,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually I didnt bring that up. That was you.

Educating people can be a frustrating thing. You can rub their noses in facts....and if it doesn't fit their preconception they will do their best to claim its something else. Case in point.
so you are an educator now?.....shall we call you the "teacher" or the "principal"? crack is a powerful drug.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:00 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,351,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so you are an educator now?.....shall we call you the "teacher" or the "principal"? crack is a powerful drug.
Ahh yes, when unable to debate with facts, try and attack the other person by implying they use drugs. You stay classy there

If you dont like what I have to say, then try and respond with actual facts that are reality based.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Ahh yes, when unable to debate with facts, try and attack the other person by implying they use drugs. You stay classy there

If you dont like what I have to say, then try and respond with actual facts that are reality based.

cant take a joke? and when are you debating "facts"?.....just because you say the word "facts" doesn't make it so.

you keep repeating the word "facts" over and over and then say you are "educating" people here. if you are not on drugs then you are a very funny comedian.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:16 AM

Quote:
cant take a joke? and when are you debating "facts"?.....just because you say the word "facts" doesn't make it so.

you keep repeating the word "facts" over and over and then say you are "educating" people here. if you are not on drugs then you are a very funny comedian.
Shrug. Census data provides FACTS. they lay them out, and even define what they are composed of, and if you are really concerned you can go in and determine exactly how the data is arrived at.

OR you can insult others, and claim they are on drugs. While I am in fact pretty darn funny when I am trying to be a comedian, I'm not being funny now. I'm providing you with facts and data. What are you doing?

Old 10-19-2015, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Shrug. Census data provides FACTS. they lay them out, and even define what they are composed of, and if you are really concerned you can go in and determine exactly how the data is arrived at.

OR you can insult others, and claim they are on drugs. While I am in fact pretty darn funny when I am trying to be a comedian, I'm not being funny now. I'm providing you with facts and data. What are you doing?

you are repeating yourself over and over the same B.S......census doesn't count illegal immigration accurately, not even close. Who insulted you again?....if you are going to be this sensitive why do you keep responding? .

NO country in Europe has taken the high volume of immigrants LEGAL and ILLEGAL in the past 40 years like the U.S.A. have done and keep the highest GDP in the world. Sweden is not even close. They couldn't handle our volume of immigration (legal or illegal)

the fact is our Illegal immigration alone is double the whole population in Sweden......that's the part you are trying to argue with your "facts"

what's your point again with your "facts"?

Old 10-19-2015, 01:47 AM

Quote:
you are repeating yourself over and over the same B.S......census doesn't count illegal immigration accurately, not even close. Who insulted you again?....if you are going to be this sensitive why do you keep responding? .
Ahhh apparently now im just being too sensitive...what with you claiming I was on crack and all. Whats wrong? Personal attacks not working as well as you had hoped? Who insulted who again? Uhmm...I think thats pretty clear, you started with personal attacks. Ahhh but me responding...oh my gosh, I must just be too sensitive right? Sigh.

Quote:
NO country in Europe has taken the high volume of immigrants LEGAL and ILLEGAL in the past 40 years like the U.S.A. have done and keep the highest GDP in the world. Sweden is not even close. They couldn't handle our volume of immigration (legal or illegal)
Except that they have as a % taken in more then we have.... I even provided evidence to that.

Quote:
the fact is our Illegal immigration alone is double the whole population in Sweden......that's the part you are trying to argue with your "facts"
No, nice attempt though. I said as a %. And provided that data. You've refused to accept reality however.
Quote:
what's your point again with your "facts"?
That you are demonstrably wrong. I do love how you put "facts" in quotes like they aren't real. You really aren't good at admitting you are wrong are you?

Old 10-19-2015, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Ahhh apparently now im just being too sensitive...what with you claiming I was on crack and all. Whats wrong? Personal attacks not working as well as you had hoped? Who insulted who again? Uhmm...I think thats pretty clear, you started with personal attacks. Ahhh but me responding...oh my gosh, I must just be too sensitive right? Sigh.

actually its working, you keep crying about it.

Quote:
Except that they have as a % taken in more then we have.... I even provided evidence to that.No, nice attempt though. I said as a %. And provided that data. You've refused to accept reality however.That you are demonstrably wrong. I do love how you put "facts" in quotes like they aren't real. You really aren't good at admitting you are wrong are you?

in Latin Countries they have an old saying that goes "El Ladron Juzga por su condicion".....it means the thief judges others by his own condition.......that's you.

Again, if U.S Census can't accurately count ILLEGALS in the U.S.A. how do you come up with the conclusion that Sweden takes more immigrants as a % than the U.S.?.......you can't even say the data isn't accurate to determine but I guess you have to win the argument with your "facts" .....LOL

Old 10-19-2015, 02:17 AM

Quote:

actually its working, you keep crying about it.

in Latin Countries they have an old saying that goes "El Ladron Juzga por su condicion".....it means the thief judges others by his own condition.......that's you.

Again, if U.S Census can't accurately count ILLEGALS in the U.S.A. how do you come up with the conclusion that Sweden takes more immigrants as a % than the U.S.?.......you can't even say the data isn't accurate to determine but I guess you have to win the argument with your "facts" .....LOL
Ah yes, now calling me a "thief" apparently. Still staying classy!

If you want to debate the accuracy of the census, sure! Thats a fair argument at least. But it really sounds like you just want to try and find some way to not be wrong. The census uses data to try and determine the number, in a fairly accurate way. We could ask the same question about Swedens numbers. The answer is that the census is the most accurate data we have for the number in question. If you have something better other then "Its this way because I want it to be" then lets hear it.

So whats the census margin of error? They say its about 2%. Thats the undercount, but its also not composed of illegal immigrants entirely. But...even if it was 100% immigrants of some sort, as a % Sweden would still have us beat.

As for "crying about it". LOL. What? Don't like people responding factually? You'd far prefer to just call names, like thief, and drug user? Got it.

Old 10-19-2015, 02:24 AM

U.S. census in 1790 was under 4 million.....2015 is about a little over 320 million without counting the illegals.

Sweden has been a Republic for centuries more than the U.S.A ...their population is under 10 million in 2015 with 1 million of immigrants.

just looking at those numbers, any moron can come to a conclusion that the U.S.A by far is an pro immigrant country.....in just 225 years it went from a population of under 4 million to 320 million without counting the illegals and its was mostly done by immigration.

meanwhile Sweden has been in existence for more centuries than the U.S.A and they only have under 10 million......either they are not screwing enough or they are not really pro immigration as consistently as the U.S.A.

just look how people vote for their feet.

the U.S.A is one of the youngest republic on the planet and we are #3 in the world's population behind China and India and most of it was done by immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.