Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 06:33 PM

4,654 posts, read 4,570,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
The crusaders only invaded the Middle East after Muslims tried to invade Europe.
Colonisation of the planet ??

Old 10-20-2015, 06:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,120,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Colonisation of the planet ??
That's what the adherents of a religion started by a child molester is after.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:02 PM

42 posts, read 27,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The same of course could be said about Christianity. Which flavor of Islam, as there is more than one, is the problem? Liken to that of Christianity.

The religion of Islam

"All of the major religions of the world have split into many different parts, called traditions, denominations, branches, sects, faith groups, etc. Within Islam, the two main divisions are Sunni and Shia. The split occurred after the death of the Prophet Muhammad who died unexpectedly in 632. He had not specified a successor and conflict developed over how to choose a leader. The split remains to the present time and continues to cause much strife among Muslims, particularly in the Middle East."
_________
People would like Merkel to turn her back on her Christian beliefs, change her heart, change her ideas of lending aid to the downtrodden? Those people are putting pressures on Merkel to build fences, turn people away; take back her extended hand. It appears efforts to convert her; change her course of action may work.
Our prejudices are going to show, our humanity tested maybe the greatest this world has ever seen in the past and it seems to me, the stronger the faith, the greater the outcome.

EDIT: What will people do with those in the closet? No shelter for them?
No, the same can't be said about Christianity, at least not to the same extent. Tell me exactly where in the bible it states you are allowed to rape and kill "infidels". Yes, all religions have committed some historical injustices. However, Muslims in more cases than not were the aggressors, like they are today.

Muhammad was a warlord and conqueror. Christ preached peace, love and compassion. It's nothing but disingenuous to state Christianity was anywhere close to as backwards as Islam was, and continues to be.

White christian values helped to form western civilization and gives you the freedom to spout such nonsense (try that in the middle east). Meanwhile the Muslims live in third world conditions. That should tell you everything you need to know. And now they seek to bring that backwardness into European nations.

It's obvious one culture is more inferior than the other. Europe is generous enough to give them a first world standard of living, and what do they get in return? Rape, rape and more rape. Topped off with a exponentially higher murder and crime rate overall.

This won't end well for anyone, right wing parties are gaining more support than ever as people lose hope in the lefts ever failing policies. The invaders will be lucky if all they get is deported.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:05 PM

1,676 posts, read 938,615 times
Muslims ruin everywhere they touch. Egypt and Iran used to be dominant powers of the Near East, where traditional pagan beliefs, Christianity, and Zoroastrianism dominated. When Islam conquered them, they became backwater hellholes. That is just one example.

Old 10-21-2015, 03:45 AM

15,582 posts, read 7,465,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blunt Conservative View Post
No, the same can't be said about Christianity, at least not to the same extent. Tell me exactly where in the bible it states you are allowed to rape and kill "infidels". Yes, all religions have committed some historical injustices. However, Muslims in more cases than not were the aggressors, like they are today.

Muhammad was a warlord and conqueror. Christ preached peace, love and compassion. It's nothing but disingenuous to state Christianity was anywhere close to as backwards as Islam was, and continues to be.

White christian values helped to form western civilization and gives you the freedom to spout such nonsense (try that in the middle east). Meanwhile the Muslims live in third world conditions. That should tell you everything you need to know. And now they seek to bring that backwardness into European nations.

It's obvious one culture is more inferior than the other. Europe is generous enough to give them a first world standard of living, and what do they get in return? Rape, rape and more rape. Topped off with a exponentially higher murder and crime rate overall.

This won't end well for anyone, right wing parties are gaining more support than ever as people lose hope in the lefts ever failing policies. The invaders will be lucky if all they get is deported.
Why do I have images of the really bad parts of Chicago in my head, Los Angeles, and New York. Are the ills in those areas do to Muslims? Here's the thing too about Muslims. Not all Muslims are Islamist; not all Islamist are Muslims. (careful we don't take Christianity on the side with the KKK)

Henry VIII, some one brought him up. Would you say he is the poster boy for Christianity? These are just small examples of how Christianity and Islam are similar. Not every one in Islam adheres to Muhammad, or are we not of understanding of the split. Much like Protestant, to Catholicism, there are differences.

Not ever one in Christianity adheres to Christ and his teachings. I can poke holes into the Republican bible thumper's ideals in Christianity. They're not very giving. They are more, this is mine and you can't have it. Whatever, 'this' may be. I earned it damn it, you did not, go away ... So what would the greatest teacher of humanity, Jesus Christ, have to say about, sharing? The right wing sort of misses the boat on that one among others.

I don't mean to rant, but my gosh, how is it Christians or those that call themselves Christians can read the words of Jesus Christ and walk away with two opposite interpretations according to their conscience, is just beyond me.

I leave you with this.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. Who am I ?

There are defining moments in people's lives that will define them for all eternity. We are on this earth, for a short time. This earth, does not belong to us. It never did. One day people are going to wake up to the fact that all this pain and misery they caused one another, was for nothing; they gained nothing.

Multiculturalism, God the father did not define us that way, we did. Every man, woman and child of the four corners of this earth is His child, is of His creation. It is what we do on this earth that is problematic to how we face an eternity under God and white Christian values, doesn't mean as much to Him as people would like to believe.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:55 AM

14,366 posts, read 9,737,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blunt Conservative View Post

Consider the fact that is lost much of the time. Christ was a Jew and more than likely with dark skin. The left jump all over statements like "white christian values" with talking point pejoratives regardless of the actual context of the message. Many white progressives are self-loathing, so why feed them more reasons to loath even deeper?

The simple truth is enough. Christians and Jews are the truly peaceful, and they are the ones being persecuted by the likes of ISIS/ISIL, PLO/PLF, and whatever other abbreviation of the month is for Islamic terrorists.

The left scream how these organizations do not represent Islam, yet they are quick to bundle the nearly 2B Christians with lunatics like Hillsboro Baptist Church. It is so disingenuous, and patently false... which shows how they couldn't care less about the truth.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is the simpleton mindset of a true progressive.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:04 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,737,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Muslims ruin everywhere they touch. Egypt and Iran used to be dominant powers of the Near East, where traditional pagan beliefs, Christianity, and Zoroastrianism dominated. When Islam conquered them, they became backwater hellholes. That is just one example.
This is not accurate. The Persian empire was anything but a hell hole. They gave us Chess, Algebra, the telescope (they discovered magnification) and the basis for the modern hospital.

They certainly added to societal progress, initially. Now, they have collapsed into a hell hole of extremism because they ignored what was happening. Pretty much like we have ignored what our political class has become.

"in the end right will be wrong and wrong will be right"

Just another Biblical Prophecy coming to pass.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:21 PM

1,676 posts, read 938,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Consider the fact that is lost much of the time. Christ was a Jew and more than likely with dark skin. The left jump all over statements like "white christian values" with talking point pejoratives regardless of the actual context of the message. Many white progressives are self-loathing, so why feed them more reasons to loath even deeper?

The simple truth is enough. Christians and Jews are the truly peaceful, and they are the ones being persecuted by the likes of ISIS/ISIL, PLO/PLF, and whatever other abbreviation of the month is for Islamic terrorists.

The left scream how these organizations do not represent Islam, yet they are quick to bundle the nearly 2B Christians with lunatics like Hillsboro Baptist Church. It is so disingenuous, and patently false... which shows how they couldn't care less about the truth.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is the simpleton mindset of a true progressive.
I think you mean the Westboro Baptist Church. But yes, I agree.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:37 PM

42 posts, read 27,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Why do I have images of the really bad parts of Chicago in my head, Los Angeles, and New York. Are the ills in those areas do to Muslims? Here's the thing too about Muslims. Not all Muslims are Islamist; not all Islamist are Muslims. (careful we don't take Christianity on the side with the KKK)

Henry VIII, some one brought him up. Would you say he is the poster boy for Christianity? These are just small examples of how Christianity and Islam are similar. Not every one in Islam adheres to Muhammad, or are we not of understanding of the split. Much like Protestant, to Catholicism, there are differences.

Not ever one in Christianity adheres to Christ and his teachings. I can poke holes into the Republican bible thumper's ideals in Christianity. They're not very giving. They are more, this is mine and you can't have it. Whatever, 'this' may be. I earned it damn it, you did not, go away ... So what would the greatest teacher of humanity, Jesus Christ, have to say about, sharing? The right wing sort of misses the boat on that one among others.

I don't mean to rant, but my gosh, how is it Christians or those that call themselves Christians can read the words of Jesus Christ and walk away with two opposite interpretations according to their conscience, is just beyond me.

I leave you with this.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. Who am I ?

There are defining moments in people's lives that will define them for all eternity. We are on this earth, for a short time. This earth, does not belong to us. It never did. One day people are going to wake up to the fact that all this pain and misery they caused one another, was for nothing; they gained nothing.

Multiculturalism, God the father did not define us that way, we did. Every man, woman and child of the four corners of this earth is His child, is of His creation. It is what we do on this earth that is problematic to how we face an eternity under God and white Christian values, doesn't mean as much to Him as people would like to believe.
Wrong, again. Most white people did, and still do stand against the Klan. The Klan is reprimanded and ostracized greatly from the rest of society. They operate on the fringes of society, and that's if they still operate at all. So, bad comparison.

Can you say the same for the supposedly "small group" of radicals? The so-called moderates of Islam are quite often silent on these issues. Their silence expresses tacit approval towards the more extreme elements among them. When we begin to see the so-called innocent majority of Muslims condemning the actions of the radicals then you'll have a better case.

I'm not a republican, nor do I follow the mainstream "right wing" Christianity, so that's a moot point. Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that western civilization wouldn't be possible without those Christian principles you are eager to critique.

Even if I were to discount everything written so far, that doesn't change the fact that the invading Muslims are violent, backwards and just intellectually inferior to the European natives. All they've contributed thus far is crime, and they haven't shown any desire to assimilate. There's a reason Islam produces certain kinds of nations.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:52 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,681,797 times
kick all radical muslimes out of infected countries..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies