Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2015, 07:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why do you assume he's failing ? Because he's not making millions ?

That's the average salary of a FF owner/manager not the store revenue/profits/liabilities.

How these franchise owners get big salaries is to own multiple franchises.

If you didn't know that then go off and educate yourself.
I did know that, which is why I said one who does own several will be happy to buy him out and pay those employees a living wage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 08:26 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
So much ignorance, neither of you has a clue. If the Wal-Mart CEO took a 100% pay cut and gave all $35,000,000 to the employees they'd make a whooping $16 per YEAR more.

Poor Walmart only had half a trillion in net sales last year.
They are too broke to give their workers a pay raise.

For the fiscal year ended January 31, 2015, Walmart increased net sales by 1.9% to $482.2 billion and returned $7.2 billion to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases. Walmart ranked first on the 2014 Fortune 500 list of the world’s largest companies by revenue.

https://corporate.walmart.com/_news_...ial-fact-sheet

Old 10-21-2015, 08:39 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Now take a McDonald's franchise or a taco bell franchise or any franchise.
Not all business are multinationals like Walmart.

Your McDonald's owner/manager makes about $40K a year. How much of a cut should he take to cover a 200% increase in wages ?
Who said anything about cutting the franchisee owner's pay? $40k is certainly not being overpaid.

To limit the extent small businesses (including restaurant franchisees) contribute towards higher minimum pay I would be in favor of cutting income taxes in half for low-paid restaurant workers at the bottom, while closing the loopholes on corporate taxes at the top.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:50 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well if you were economically literate, then you would realize that the amount of inflation that happens when minimum wage is increased is extremely small compared to the extra spending power that those making the least are now making.....but then again we couldn't have those nasty minimum wage workers making more than they are now, can we.....I am sure you would support people making minimum wage making even less than they do now.
Where is your data behind your claims? Any data? at all? I'd be surprised to see if you can produce any considering how you struggled to interpret the CPI chart posted earlier

I've been following this thread, and your posts seem to follow the same format:
1. Unsubstantiated claim(s)
2. Over the top sarcastic jab at conservatives
3. Insult(s)
4. Emoticon

Old 10-21-2015, 08:54 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
Where is your data behind your claims? Any data? at all? I'd be surprised to see if you can produce any considering how you struggled to interpret the CPI chart posted earlier

I've been following this thread, and your posts seem to follow the same format:
1. Unsubstantiated claim(s)
2. Over the top sarcastic jab at conservatives
3. Insult(s)
4. Emoticon
Maybe you should read post 120, that provides you the data you are seeking.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:03 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Interesting, well what does facts do for you?

"Raising wages to $15 an hour for limited-service restaurant employees would lead to an estimated 4.3 percent increase in prices at those restaurants"

Care to do the math on how much more your Big Mac will cost so the person giving it to you can be making a living wage?
but it will e 4.3 to 10% increase ON EVERYTHING

so that big mac that $5 big mac...will now be 5.25+
those $2 fries will also go up
the $5 shake will now be 5.25+

and that includes the resturants like red lobster too

and remember those min wage jobs are for the UNSKILLED

FEDERAL min wage should be ZERO

Old 10-21-2015, 09:11 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
You are either being obtuse or you fail to understand unit-wage measurements.
I'm being obtuse? Are you saying that the source is biased or illegitimate? Are you claiming I 'made it up'? Here is the data it was derived from, and an article with more information on it.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should read post 120, that provides you the data you are seeking.
That study just analyzed the small fast food business model. And to boot, it's an over-simplification of the wages in that model. You will have shift leaders and assistant managers making 1-10 more than the minimum wage workers. Their calculations assumed no one's pay would be bumped up beyond $15, but in reality would have a cascading effect as those other workers' pay would go up also. The end result would be higher prices than that 4.3%. How much higher? I don't know.

Either way, fast food job market is about to be automated away. Soon people will order via kiosk, have a burger made by a machine (yes, these exist already but are expensive right now), and have any special requests handled by the single floor employee there, who of course is making $15. Automation will only come quicker with rising labor costs, so the net result could be less wages paid out to fast food workers overall.

THat's the problem with these simplistic solutions, like raising minimum wages: unintended consequences. Kind of like when your ilk was demanding even higher wages for Detroid auto workers only sped up the shift to a global labor market (i.e. those highly paid workers losing their jobs).

Old 10-21-2015, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm being obtuse? Are you saying that the source is biased or illegitimate? Are you claiming I 'made it up'? Here is the data it was derived from, and an article with more information on it.
This is an honest question: where is the actual data? Summary amounts on a simplistic P/L statement do reinforce your point somewhat, but the underlying data and assumptions would be more informative.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:18 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
That study just analyzed the small fast food business model. And to boot, it's an over-simplification of the wages in that model. You will have shift leaders and assistant managers making 1-10 more than the minimum wage workers.
In the first place, unless you can show us your bonafides for making these kind of claims, then you are just another C-D poster offering an opinion. But..if you are right and shift managers in McDonald's are going to earn $25 an hour SIGN ME UP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies