Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 12:15 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ain't no revolution happening in the US, that would require Americans to turn off their tvs and go outside and make decisions that could change their lives.
To be fair, its because the people who want a revolution, are completely disorganized, and disunited. These people who want a revolution, might dislike what is happening in this country, but they also dislike each other. Further, most of these people either live in rural areas, or are members of the lower-classes. Not only do they have little money, but they don't have the knowledge, experience, or skills to organize large numbers of people into a common cause.

To make a movement happen, it would basically need to be corporate-sponsored, or otherwise supported by many very wealthy patrons, who could not only bankroll the movement, but organize the movement as well. But corporations most certainly benefit from the status-quo. They might want fewer regulations, or government subsidies/protections, but they don't want the kind of revolution many people are advocating.

No one with money has any interest in the dissolution of the United States, or the Federal Reserve for that matter. There is just too much money to be made. And rich people can always hide out in gated communities. While everyone else is fighting among themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 05:23 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The way I see it, immigration, both legal and illegal has changed this country.
People immigrate here, and want things to be similar to the places they came from.
No one immigrating into this country in the last 25-35 years has even tried to assimilate to the American culture.

Rather, they bring along their problems, and cultures, and force them on the citizens of this country. One such group is the Hispanic community with their super radical La Raza organization, the muslem brotherhood, and now, black lives matter.
There is no end to it.

Each one out for their own ass, and screw everyone else.
The country is divided because no one knows how to put it back together, and it seems, they lack the desire to want too.

All this leads to confusion among the ethnic groups, including citizens born here.
We citizens have no one to blame but ourselves.
We could have nipped in the bud many years ago, but were, and are too dammed complacent.

If someone powerful in this country doesn't step up to the plate soon, this country is going in the toilet, and soon.

Bob.

and you are a native Indian you say?

Old 10-21-2015, 07:01 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
and you are a native Indian you say?
Nice attempt to pull the "Europeans don't belong here" card. You expose yourself for what you actually are the more you post. There were no native Indians. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else including the so-called natives. They didn't just sprout up out of the ground like corn.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:07 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blunt Conservative View Post
Of course the great social experiment of multiculturalism and "diversity is our strength" mantras are on their last leg. Destined to fail since the very beginning.

I believe that eventually the U.S will break up into ethnic regions. Maybe then we won't be blamed for everything, we can finally have a right to our own self-determination. Minorities will no longer have to worry about being oppressed by evil whitey anymore. That probably means that the only thriving region will be the white one.

Until then we'll all have to suffer under the current tyrannical leftist regime, living through their deviously nonsensical policies. We'll inevitably sink deeper and deeper into debt, our education system will continue to plummet, more welfare will be given to the most useless nonproductive members of society, but political correctness will forbid us from ever mentioning any of our most dire social problems.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:16 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blunt Conservative View Post
Of course the great social experiment of multiculturalism and "diversity is our strength" mantras are on their last leg. Destined to fail since the very beginning.

I believe that eventually the U.S will break up into ethnic regions. Maybe then we won't be blamed for everything, we can finally have a right to our own self-determination. Minorities will no longer have to worry about being oppressed by evil whitey anymore. That probably means that the only thriving region will be the white one.

Until then we'll all have to suffer under the current tyrannical leftist regime, living through their deviously nonsensical policies. We'll inevitably sink deeper and deeper into debt, our education system will continue to plummet, more welfare will be given to the most useless nonproductive members of society, but political correctness will forbid us from ever mentioning any of our most dire social problems.
Time for you to start complaining about education and be willing to pay to update to the 21 century. The next gen. will need to be able to think and communicate in many different ways as this internet thing expands.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:06 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Nobody can get along, or agree on anything. The country is polarized on pretty much every issue. A foreign invasion of unprecedented numbers has occurred and continues. Every politician is more crooked than the last, and none represent their electorate. Blacks hate whites, christians hate gays, muslims hate christians, the rest hate everybody!

And the whole world hates all of us!

We have states like California, New Jersy, etc. that ignore the Constitution and common sense in their laws. Two million people in prison at any given time. A private prison INDUSTRY. Most people can't go to lunch without committing five felonies by accident. Infrastructure is failing. Half the country is on welfare, the other half is retired and 1% pays 90% of the taxes to support the whole house of cards. Half the country is an armed camp waiting for civil war. The other half goading them into pulling the trigger.

Maybe it's time to just throw in the towel and section the country like Europe. The leftist coast would be a nuclear powerhouse, until they taxed companies to death. The midwest would still be a conservative breadbasket, the northeast and rust belt could continue devolving into ghetto. The confederacy could rise again! Everyone could still vacation in FL and Hawaii.

What do you think? Is it just time for everyone to go our separate ways, before we all kill each other? Otherwise how do we fix this mess?

PS - I apologize if my thoughts are not fully developed on this issue. I was just watching the news, and there's so much contention and hate I wondered how we can possibly remain a union.

No, it isn't time to dissolve the US. Jesus, political factions have never gotten along.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:15 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
To be fair, its because the people who want a revolution, are completely disorganized, and disunited. These people who want a revolution, might dislike what is happening in this country, but they also dislike each other. Further, most of these people either live in rural areas, or are members of the lower-classes. Not only do they have little money, but they don't have the knowledge, experience, or skills to organize large numbers of people into a common cause

The Revolution very nearly didn't happen because the states hated each other, were disorganized, and for the most part the people were more interested in taking care of their own business.

At some point, when pushed too far, the citizens of this nation tend to coalesce rapidly and with an absolute goal. The takers of freedom have no conscience (or conscientious limits) and will eventually go too far. They know this to be true and this is why it is crucial they disarm those they wish to control. PERIOD

Old 10-21-2015, 12:19 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,340 times
Yes it's time.

Sooner rather than later.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:32 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

The Revolution very nearly didn't happen because the states hated each other, were disorganized, and for the most part the people were more interested in taking care of their own business.

At some point, when pushed too far, the citizens of this nation tend to coalesce rapidly and with an absolute goal. The takers of freedom have no conscience (or conscientious limits) and will eventually go too far. They know this to be true and this is why it is crucial they disarm those they wish to control. PERIOD
Yep. Not good for business to fight your best and maybe only trading partner.... England.

Old 10-21-2015, 03:41 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Nobody can get along, or agree on anything. The country is polarized on pretty much every issue. A foreign invasion of unprecedented numbers has occurred and continues. Every politician is more crooked than the last, and none represent their electorate. Blacks hate whites, christians hate gays, muslims hate christians, the rest hate everybody!

And the whole world hates all of us!

We have states like California, New Jersy, etc. that ignore the Constitution and common sense in their laws. Two million people in prison at any given time. A private prison INDUSTRY. Most people can't go to lunch without committing five felonies by accident. Infrastructure is failing. Half the country is on welfare, the other half is retired and 1% pays 90% of the taxes to support the whole house of cards. Half the country is an armed camp waiting for civil war. The other half goading them into pulling the trigger.

Maybe it's time to just throw in the towel and section the country like Europe. The leftist coast would be a nuclear powerhouse, until they taxed companies to death. The midwest would still be a conservative breadbasket, the northeast and rust belt could continue devolving into ghetto. The confederacy could rise again! Everyone could still vacation in FL and Hawaii.

What do you think? Is it just time for everyone to go our separate ways, before we all kill each other? Otherwise how do we fix this mess?

PS - I apologize if my thoughts are not fully developed on this issue. I was just watching the news, and there's so much contention and hate I wondered how we can possibly remain a union.
One of the best things I've ever done is cut the cord, so I no longer watch hyped up 24 hour news stations who are in the business of getting viewers by covering stories that play on our fears the most. There are many good or great stories going on around the country every day that will never make it on the news that very few will ever hear about, stories that would give us hope for the future, rather than the doom and gloom and violence we see and hear about every day.

Having said that we do have very serious issues in our country, which means we need a great leader to emerge and a political party to help him or her in their efforts. But lets be clear, a leader can only lead and try to inspire, its up to the population to make the real change on the ground level in our cities and towns, although there are some issues government has to be involved in, i.e. how to handle the illegal immigration and legal immigration crises we see today. Unfortunately, I don't see the solutions coming from our two party system as it stands now. A new third party that hasn't come onto the scene yet I believe will need to be the answer, unless one of the Big 2 changes course and suddenly becomes what we need them to be.

Due to our ethnic make up we will always have partisan divides and even hatreds in some cases, but there are things that could improve the situation. Jobs, jobs, jobs for one. Not only do we have over 93 million not working but millions are underemployed. We need to bring jobs back to this country that were stolen from our workers by fat cat execs who sent them overseas for cheap labor, which in part has our country on a path to third world status. One of the reasons Trump is resonating with so many people is he wants to bring jobs back, if we can believe what he's saying. He's like a used car salesman so I don't know if it can be trusted that he believes what he's trying to convince us he believes.

A great leader could also make an impact on families. The family structure needs both parents, and we've seen the disastrous results when the man is not in the home. Children don't learn respect for their elders like they did when I was a kid, or even common decency.

Criminal street gangs need to be disbanded one way or another. They ruin lives of boys and even girls in some cases once they draw them in. Not to mention what they do to communities with their criminal activities and violence.

I know many here will disagree with me, but we need a charismatic spiritual leader that will inspire people, including young people, to either get back to being involved in their faith through their church, or for them to figure out maybe for the first time in their lives what denomination fits them after doing some research, and then getting involved in going to church, bible study, and other church activities. The larger the church congregation the stronger the community has the opportunity to be as a whole, as there's a basic understanding of right and wrong, the consequences for perpetrating evil, but also when you know and care about your neighbors you'll have someone to turn to in tough times and so will they. If not for my faith I know I would have been tempted to make some awful decisions not believing there'd be consequences for them in the afterlife.

Obviously, immigration is a very serious issue for us. It has to be addressed and the solutions seem like commonsense to many of us, but not to politicians for some reason. Most have to go back, but NAFTA also has to be amended so cheap corn and other agricultural products can't be dumped cheaply in Mexico driving farmers there out of business, which is why some of them are here today. We also have to change the number of legal immigrants coming into the country to virtually zero for the next few years until things get sorted out. And when they do legal immigration should include more people from European countries, because right now our immigration policy is biased against them. We should also follow up on people who have immigrated to make sure they are assimilating, and if they are causing problems they need to be sent back to their home countries.

I do think if the problems we face with immigration are corrected it will go a long way of not only dealing with that issue, but also with the pysche of our citizens. People feel powerless because they have no one to vote for in most cases that truly wants to represent their interests.

Fix immigration policy, address illegals that are here by making most go back, and bring millions of jobs back to this country, you'll see things start to turn around. There are other issues to address, but when people have a job and money coming in to live the American Dream that seems so distant right now, their mindset will change.

Its hard not to get down when you see some of the things that are happening, but they don't have to stay that way. I firmly believe a new third party will emerge within the next few years that people will gravitate to, and feel they finally have a party to be a part of to make a difference. When the only power you feel you have is voting, writing an email to a Senator or Rep, and posting in a forum, well....that sucks. So lets keep our eyes open, or start a new party ourselves. Problem is could enough of us agree on what the party should stand for to make a go of it??? Almost seems like the impossible dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies