Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 11:13 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,312,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Rule number 2 in my house is "if you are going to be stupid you better be tuff"
Given that standard, you must be really "tuff" yourself...

Last edited by CanuckInPortland; 10-21-2015 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 11:15 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,078,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The USA has not been the land of the free, since the 16th amendment was passed. It put us all in slavery for our government, the MASTER.
Yes, the 16th amendment needs to be repealed. There are far better ways for the Federal Government to tax which will get the onerous OFF income which causes depression of business which causes loop holes and ways to circumvent gouging business. Unfortunately, the wage-earner can't get around government fingers in their earnings.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:16 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
che was a murdering thug who put pistols to the heads of people that didn't do what he told them and he personally pulled the trigger.

Che was a monster. you are defending that kind of monster. That speaks volumes about who you are.

Ive posted with you long enough to know you are no uneducated kid. you KNOW this is true.
Like this?
https://www.cah.utexas.edu/db/dmr/ga...ry=eddie_adams+

Old 10-21-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
not all bad things.

I mean the Greatest Generation for all they did.... they did raise that bunch of spoiled brats.

Let me say though that not all boomers are bad.
Yes, and I only wish that the "reason" that bunch of spoiled brats became such is:

1. Dr. Spock...all his books should have been burned!
2. Mother's had to go to work to support the WWII war effort and they did a dam*ed good job. However, the price was not staying home to raise their kids. These are the kids that grew up to be the spoiled brats and started the generations that never learned respect, responsibility, morals, ethics and all the rest that has contributed very largely to the mess we are in today.

I only wish there were a way to bring out that fact; i.e., the reason why mothers need to stay home and raise their kids in a 2-parent family. That also means that government needs to get out of the pocket books so a family can live on one income. We have sure caused a mess by not controlling government and also not understanding the consequences of not paying attention to right from wrong as proven by history.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Rule number 2 in my house is "if you are going to be stupid you better be tuff"

I like it!

Old 10-21-2015, 11:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlAndSparrow View Post
There's a sort of Catch-22 going on with raising kids now, though.

If you do your best to protect them, you can spoil them or ensure that they aren't ready for the real world. Sheltered kids allegedly go crazy when they get away from their parental influences, but I'm not completely sold on that claim. It's one of those "truthy" ideas that people accept regardless of whether it's true.

If you don't protect them, they're much more likely to get their morals from their immoral and amoral peers. The culture teaches a lack of respect, it teaches that morals are "outdated," and it teaches that integrity is for suckers.

Raising the next generation is not going to be easy.

That is not protecting them.... That is called lack of parenting. Education and letting them learn the hard way.... The pros and cons and letting them choose. They know the pain of making a bad choice. That goes for their morals, integrity and character. Lack of those, they learn quickly cause them pain and always will. Consequences ya know.

That is hot. It will hurt if you touch it...... OUCH! I told you.... They will soon listen to what you have to say and pick their battles on their own.

There is a time and a place for everything in life.... Everything. You have to teach them when is the time and when is the place.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:51 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Your life and your progeny's lives would be BETTER with more public ownership.
If you object because you're one of the .000001% that lives off non-participatory
residual, vicarious income through USURY, then you'll STILL be better off, because
we'll put your lazy butt to WORK and you'll be healthier ! No more working for The Man.
Work for yourself and your family. Your community, not the Khazarian Mafia.
"Your life and your progeny's lives would be BETTER with more public ownership."

Like Cuba, Russia, Venezuela and many more countries.

Like they say, if you think any of those are better, feel free to move to one of them.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:07 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
The LAST thing we need is "much more public control over the economics..."!!!! Egads! That is the problem now...waaaayyyyy too much government interference in the free economy where government has absolutely NO BUSINESS!
The "economy" is not free. That is a bald-faced lie today.

Old 10-21-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
The "economy" is not free. That is a bald-faced lie today.
Then you don't understand it. My husband and I established a wonderful business which we continued for 25 years. The free economy does work very well for those who understand how to do good business and establish business operations that work well within the free economy.

In addition, I, myself, have owned and operated 3 Sole Proprietorships and, again, to great success. Perhaps you are confused between a free economy which allows us to operate as we need in order to make our business successful and a "free" economy meaning you get something for nothing. The two have no commonality.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:23 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
His beliefs got him six feet under.

Having a good credit score to buy a monster TV is safer.
I would wear a Felix Rodriguez shirt, the man that captured and killed the Psychopath killer Che Guevara.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies