Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 02:12 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Nothing safe about marijuana.

Just wait until birth defects start increasing.
I know

Old 10-22-2015, 02:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
This is like a vegetarian posting on a food network website that he read where the sale of turkeys was up 20% last Thanksgiving and then wondering why no one is getting upset with him.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:19 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I've never done weed in any form but I'm guessing it tastes like $h!#. Am I right?
Depends. If you're talking about smoking, it doesn't taste any worse than tobacco the first time you try it. After that, positive association kicks in, just as it does with tobacco, and you *like* the taste.

If you mean edibles, depends on how they're prepared. I once had some plain sugar cookies that had no herbal flavor whatsoever, and they were the strongest things I ever ate. The secret was butterfat extraction of the active ingredients, a multi-step process most people wouldn't bother with - I sure wouldn't - but achievable in a kitchen by someone with an understanding of basic chemistry.

I use a tincture now, which tastes like a mild herbal tea overlain with a bit of mint. Not delicious, but far from awful.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:21 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is about the closest I've seen anyone pro MJ admit that it does alter your mind, and it can be cause problems if done too much.
You can also literally drown yourself by drinking too much water. Is it time for Hydro Madness?

Quote:
Every single person that I've ever known, (these were co-workers), who does pot, does smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol. I've never met a single pot smoking person who doesn't do all three.
Then you've had very limited exposure to pot smokers.

Quote:
Of course everyone on CD only does pot, nothing else, and they all do it in the comfort of their own home, never ever go out after smoking it, and of course they all do it in moderation. Of course.
Unless you happen to be on the road with impaired drivers, what matter is it to you?

And though I condone neither drinking nor smoking and driving I'd much rather take my chances on the road with stoners than drunks.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:40 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:

Every single person that I've ever known, (these were co-workers), who does pot, does smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol. I've never met a single pot smoking person who doesn't do all three. Of course everyone on CD only does pot, nothing else, and they all do it in the comfort of their own home, never ever go out after smoking it, and of course they all do it in moderation. Of course.
Well, three wolves, let me introduce myself. My name is jacqueg, I can no longer drink alcohol due to IBS, but even when I did, I didn't drink more than a dozen six-packs in a year. I prefer being at home when I get loaded, alcohol or marijuana, it's much more enjoyable. And while I experimented a bit with tobacco my first year in college, 50 years ago, I decided it wasn't for me. I hated inhaling the stuff, way too strong, and it was also way too expensive for what I got out of it. I discovered marijuana about five years after that, never looked back.

And yes, I'm a real lightweight, but then I was always a real lightweight when it came to alcohol too. I do miss a cold one on a hot day, though.

Quote:
As it is, the MJ that people are smoking these days is not the same as the MJ that was smoked in the 60s, for example. This stuff is far more potent than before. It can indeed cause problems, it does affect those who smoke it, but to brush that off with, "blah blah blah blah alcohol" only makes the person look like an idiot. ADMIT that it can be addictive, ADMIT that it does alter you, ADMIT that it can cause serious problems.
It's totally true that MJ these days is much stronger than it used to be, a big reason for my current preference for the tincture - I can better control the dose. Same thing with vaping, which my BIL does.

This is also analogous to the difference between beer/wine and the hard stuff. You can get just as drunk, but it it takes a lot more with beer/wine.

Yes, some people do have problems with it - again, just like alcohol. Ask any doctor whether it is better for your health to be an alcoholic or a stoner. Either way, my (forced) abstention does not and would not alter the behavior of a self-destructive person.

I note the existence of the rest of your rant, and my only observation is that clearly you do care that people are using MJ. No one delivers a multi-paragraph rant on things they don't care about, unless someone is paying them, and I highly doubt that anyone is paying you.

Last edited by jacqueg; 10-22-2015 at 02:49 PM..

Old 10-22-2015, 02:45 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
This is about the closest I've seen anyone pro MJ admit that it does alter your mind, and it can be cause problems if done too much.

Every single person that I've ever known, (these were co-workers), who does pot, does smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol. I've never met a single pot smoking person who doesn't do all three. Of course everyone on CD only does pot, nothing else, and they all do it in the comfort of their own home, never ever go out after smoking it, and of course they all do it in moderation. Of course.

This.

This again.

This is also correct. You ban one thing, they find something else. You ban that, they find something else. You ban that, they find something else. The problem is, those "something else" that they find are typically worse than the product that you initially banned.

As it is, the MJ that people are smoking these days is not the same as the MJ that was smoked in the 60s, for example. This stuff is far more potent than before. It can indeed cause problems, it does affect those who smoke it, but to brush that off with, "blah blah blah blah alcohol" only makes the person look like an idiot. ADMIT that it can be addictive, ADMIT that it does alter you, ADMIT that it can cause serious problems.

Let them do their drugs. Let them kill their brain cells, their livelihoods, their own lives...I no longer care. If someone wants to shoot up and overdose and die, bye. If someone wants to snort cocaine to the point that they've ruined their entire lives, don't care. If someone wants to kill their brain cells in their head by smoking too much MJ, (and do not even try to pretend that it doesn't) the way I see it, they didn't have much of those to begin with, if someone wants to drink so much that they die of alcohol poisoning, bye, if someone wants to take a substance that eats their flesh away from the inside out, bye...point is, I don't care.

I think pot is disgusting - it stinks, that patchouli is even worse, (STOP IT with that), I hate the stupidity of it all when someone is high, and I hate the fact that people who smoke it deny, deny, deny truths about the drug. BUT, it should be legal. All drugs should be legal. Let them destroy themselves, who cares. Most importantly, however, the government should not be up in our business telling us what we can and cannot ingest, smoke, drink, look at, buy, etc.

Having said that...I am for legalization IF WE ACTUALLY ENFORCE THE LAWS THAT WE ALREADY HAVE. If you harm any other person in any way, shape, or form, because of your drug use, then we throw the book at you, no exceptions, no excuses, no pity, no sympathy, no "but it was just..." NO. You need to spend serious time.

You want to grow it? Fine, you pay the electric bills, NO growers receive welfare help at all. If they can afford the electricity to grow, then they don't need anyone's hand outs.

You want to smoke it? Fine, do it in your own home. If you insist on doing it in someone elses home, then you treat that crap like alcohol and you do not get in to your car and drive home after toking up. Knock it off! Stay the hell inside your home.

I don't care if you want to do it, don't make me smell it in the air, don't make me smell that God awful patchouli, (now that should be banned), don't subject me to your stupid laughing and utterings when you're stoned out of your mind, don't glorify it. Just do it in your home and shut the hell up about it.

how many Rastafarians do you know?? if you did know any you would know that most do not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes but love weed.. shows you how much you know about what pot smokers do...

Old 10-22-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:

700 MEDICINAL USES OF CANNABIS SORTED BY DISEASE - Encod.org

nothing good

Old 10-22-2015, 02:56 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I know
Facts with that regurgitated propaganda?

Marijuana stops child's severe seizures

Five-year follow-up of rural Jamaican children whose mothers used marijuana during pregnancy

Quote:
The results show no significant differences in developmental testing outcomes between children of marijuana-using and non-using mothers except at 30 days of age when the babies of users had more favourable scores on two clusters of the Brazelton Scales: autonomic stability and reflexes.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:17 PM

spliff in your eyes

Better night vision through cannabis | Education | The Guardian

Old 10-22-2015, 03:32 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So should we ban cigarettes, soda, fast food, and alcohol because of the dependency?

Under Obamacare soda, fast food and alcohol should have been added to the Premium just as smoking is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies