Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 12:36 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,039,308 times

Advertisements

More people need to smoke some weed by the looks of things. Folks are too uptight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 01:57 AM

4,541 posts, read 1,152,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You can also literally drown yourself by drinking too much water. Is it time for Hydro Madness?

Then you've had very limited exposure to pot smokers.

Unless you happen to be on the road with impaired drivers, what matter is it to you?

And though I condone neither drinking nor smoking and driving I'd much rather take my chances on the road with stoners than drunks.
You people that try and defend this crap seriously crack me up, do do you actually hear yourself??

Or perhaps your life is so bad and you're so weak minded that you can't get thru it sober?

Old 10-23-2015, 01:58 AM

15,473 posts, read 10,394,050 times
" Marijuana use up 100% thanks to pro-pot agenda. Causes disorders in 30% of users. "

I don't know about those figures, but I do know that I hate the stuff. You might as well be talking to a brick wall though. Folks just don't think it's ever going to harm them or their families.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:18 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,103,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Has there been a 100% increase in marijuana abuse in past 10 years?

No, there has not.
Maybe Finn should look beyond marijuana and research the rise in the use of heroin and the reason for it. Apparently it's been a middle class drug for some time, and growing, and more than likely is a result of the high cost of addictive prescription drugs.

Heroin use and addiction are surging in the U.S., CDC report says - LA Times

Here's a report from the government about overdose deaths. Clearly prescription drugs top the chart and there is no mention of deaths due to marijuana.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-to...se-death-rates

Finn needs to understand that there are bigger problems to be concerned about. Maybe a few hits on a doobie may help her/him to expand her/his thinking beyond the "dangers" of marijuana.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:22 AM

7,928 posts, read 12,629,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Mother of 3 kids and husband all killed by drunk driver posts heartbreaking video tribute at their funeral.

Every few minutes someone is injured or killed because of a drunk driver and legal alcohol.
I never heard anyone dying from smoking pot.
10,076 people per year are killed by drunk drivers (31% of all traffic deaths). That is more than are murdered by criminals using firearms every year.

If these "Prohibition warriors" really cared about the safety of citizens they would be pushing for a ban on alcohol. Most of the anti-marijuana posters on this site have some sort of financial stake in the continuation of our marijuana laws.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:58 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,135,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
What about users lungs?
Wouldn't constant pot smoking hurt people's lungs? That's never talked about
All you'll get is the "it's better than alcohol" excuse. Start attacking their method for getting high and stoners start weirding out.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:45 AM

76,992 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Wonderful! That means a majority, 2 in 3, are not showing signs of dependence or abuse. That's good news. Thanks for sharing with us. I think I'll spark a bowl to help you celebrate.
The 100% increase in pot use means there are nearly twice as many people who do show disorders. That is no cause for celebration. Tax dollars will be spent to deal with them.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:50 AM

76,992 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Maybe Finn should look beyond marijuana and research the rise in the use of heroin and the reason for it. Apparently it's been a middle class drug for some time, and growing, and more than likely is a result of the high cost of addictive prescription drugs.

Heroin use and addiction are surging in the U.S., CDC report says - LA Times

Here's a report from the government about overdose deaths. Clearly prescription drugs top the chart and there is no mention of deaths due to marijuana.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-to...se-death-rates

Finn needs to understand that there are bigger problems to be concerned about. Maybe a few hits on a doobie may help her/him to expand her/his thinking beyond the "dangers" of marijuana.
Your links suggest the path to heroin addiction passes through marijuana use.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:24 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,067,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your links suggest the path to heroin addiction passes through marijuana use.
Well..seat of the pants.. Every single hardcore drug user I've ever dealt with would be more than happy to use marijuana... And every one..regardless of statistics...abused mj when they began using drugs...

Now we will have a huge population ..a generation of young people who will have used and abused mj... The hardcore users will have lower iq's permanently damaging their abilities as human beings.. 6-10 points lower..
Success.. Dope makes you dumb
Who would have thought

Want the real truth

Rocky mountain high project
Final report... Aug 2015

By every metric mj is problematic
More kids using
More kids being expelled
Less intelligent 12-25 formative minds
Vape pens in class
Stoned kids smelling like skunk weed
More kids hospitalized
More kids needing counseling

Defend any of that dopers... Indefensible
Prohibitionists if they got their poo poo together would self regulate

Oops.. Self regulation is something pot supresses

We see it on here with the pechelant smokers tokers arguing incessantly how productive they are all the while sucking off social welfare and the rest of us.. We read how they party so responsibly.. Total bunk.. What the real story is they **** on the rest of us so they can flee into a world stoned out...
Ever met a stoner that wants to punch a clock tomorrow and be productive.. How about never
They won't remember tomorrow as they try to tell the rest of us what afficiandos of life they are..
Bunk...all bunk.. They will run around with metabolites in their systems in ever greater numbers telling the rest of us there are no residual effects from "safe" drug use... Laughable

There is no drug use that is safe
Hedonistic self pleasure.. Constant self masturbation of the brain

And those that seek the constant drumbeat of the always sought better high.. Now celebrate honey oil as some magic elixar
Crack cocaine of cannabiz

We all pay

Last week I worked towards controlling honey oil in my community permanently.. The only accomplishment a mj user can say is.. I got stoned... So high from my drug I couldn't remember what happened

Drug users take from everyone... That's all they do...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-23-2015 at 06:39 AM..

Old 10-23-2015, 07:26 AM

11,999 posts, read 12,865,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
That's the funny part, the US Govt holds the patent on cannabinoids while maintaining it has no medicinal value.
Yep-and not only that. The US Government has been growing and administering weed to patients at The University of Mississippi for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies