Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2015, 11:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,961,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Of course you can. Does the Constitution ban nuclear materials? No, and why should it.

You are the one who voted against legalization.

Why are you interested in continuing policies that destroy people's lives and harm more innocents?

Listen to yourself.

1) Quit being obtuse with the bad analogies! Where in the Constitution does it give the federal right to restrict what people can and cannot consume, and why did the powers that be back then conveniently ignore the amendment process, unlike with alcohol?

2) I voted against a bad bill that rigs the game in favor of special interests! In other words, I'm not a mindless sheep that blindly votes for something simply because I want to see it legalized, without reading between the lines! Legalization will come in due time.

3) Don't turn that BS on me about wanting to continue policies of destroying people's lives. I've long championed ending prohibition, because I see it as the failure that it is, unlike you and the dwindling few constantly spouting fear mongering Reefer Madness hyperbole on this forum!

Last edited by no1brownsfan; 11-04-2015 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: meant voted against not for

Old 11-04-2015, 11:44 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,450,903 times
Quote:
Yes, and if you bother reading the OP, or thinking about it you would know this:
Nope.

Quote:
The risk for marijuana use disorder did not increase among users

Old 11-04-2015, 12:17 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,716,387 times
No, we're writing about getting rid of an evil law that forces *harmless* people to be arrested, based on lying studies, general ignorance, unfounded hate, & greed. Most laws have victims. Laws with victims usually make sense, though the penalties for some may be too harsh.

Intentionally killing unarmed people is murder, no matter who does it. Definitely unconstitutional & illegal. Police use excess force routinely on people who haven't threatened the cop in any way. It's a problem for people who are trying to trust the cops, but can't because of these things. The drug war taught cops it is OK, good, or even mandatory to harm the harmless. Then the brutality & lies may spread to areas of policing not connected to the phony war on some drugs (war on the American people).

This article is part of the problem. To get the money for a "study", they have to lie according to the wishes of the pill companies, whose products kill millions & disable many more. They take in $2 trillion a year for their toxins, & they don't want any competition from a safer & more effective plant. As long as there is a drug war, both the public & law enforcement can't trust each other & can't feel safe.

Quote:
That argument would render all law enforcement unconstitutional, which is why is makes no sense.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:56 PM

The claim isn't true as the responses if true or not depend at least partly on what the laws are. 17% in a recent poll said they use cannabis. It's probably been fairly close to that much longer. An anonymous internet poll of how many use cannabis would likely show much higher usage rates, now & years ago. The more you know, the more you're pro. Actually, I think the more people that use it regularly, the higher our life expectancy will be.

Smoking it helps with anger management, anxiety, depression, many physical pains & more. Vaporizing cannabis oil can cure many "terminal" illnesses, see Rick Simpson oil. I know of a Canadian constable who died of skin cancer at 40 & a SWAT team member who died of skin cancer at 37. Now, thanks to Rick Simpson, we know that applying the oil to the affected areas will make it go away within several days.

Also, treatment with 1 gram a day of cannabis oil for 90 says will make many cancers & other fatal illnesses vanish. Finn, are you opposed to those in law enforcement lengthening their lives this way?

Quote:
No, it is about 100% increase in pot use.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:07 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,075,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
do you?

Nowhere in the constitution is the govt authorized to regulate/restrict the growing, sale or consumption of any plant.

It's alarming a cop would be so ignorant of the powers outlined in the constitution.
Back to school officer.
Yawn... We get legal updates monthly my friend... Go back and look at the narcotics act in the 30s and follow it forward... Congess established..presidents sign
You are mistaken on many levels...including your understanding probably of the Constitution

Marijuana isn't your magic plant no matter what you put out
We don't arrest users.. We don't imprison users... We don't even keep felons in California.

Want the truth
Rocky mountain high report august 2015

Here.. Go to school

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...+and+Narcotics

Old 11-04-2015, 01:11 PM

45,137 posts, read 26,325,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Yawn... We get legal updates monthly my friend... Go back and look at the narcotics act in the 30s and follow it forward... Congess established..presidents sign
You are mistaken on many levels...

We don't arrest users.. We don't imprison users... We don't even keep felons in California.

Want the truth
I'll only be mistaken if you can point out within the constitution where authority is granted to the fed govt. to ban the growing, distribution and consumption of plants?

Old 11-04-2015, 01:14 PM

158 posts, read 199,696 times
They just recently lowered the felony offense to constitute having over a ounce of Marijuana once Obama came on board.

But prior to that. It was a felony if you had so many grams.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:15 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,450,903 times
Quote:
Want the truth
That time - when a cop suggests the truth can be found in a cop report.... by cops.

My favorite part has to be when they show declining fatalities AND use it to inflate percentages.

Convenient, cute and totally fabricated.

Any more nonsense?

Old 11-04-2015, 01:27 PM

158 posts, read 199,696 times
Quote:
You are mistaken on many levels...including your understanding probably of the Constitution

Want the truth

Here.. Go to school

Drugs and Narcotics legal definition of Drugs and Narcotics
Users did and do get arrested without a medical card. Plus the medical card is still fairly 5 years new. So yes. They have been arresting Marijuana users for years.

Now a MJ user may not have been sentenced for long periods of time. But an arrest is an arrest. Plus the fines or rehab expectation cost were 100 times more than the actual street value of the Marijuana that the person got caught with. Jmo

Old 11-04-2015, 01:36 PM

Is Congress also authorized to take bribes that would change their voting? Is Congress authorized to go against the Constitution & all other Founding Fathers documents? What about our rights to life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness? Insane Fed govt says they have the right to put any American in prison for 100 years for any reason or no reason. So, Finn, would you try to protest if they did that to you when the law says it is allowed?

The Constitution says the govt has the right to regulate Interstate Commerce. But the Supreme Court apparently is not required to use dictionary definitions when making their rulings. So, they can say harmless people have no right to continue living, or they can require harmless people to be in prison.
They said interstate & intrastate are same; they said selling at a profit, selling at cost, selling below cost, & giving it away are all illegal businesses. But IRS says not a business if no profit 3 out of 5 years. So, not all govt branches agree with a Supreme Court that won't use dictionary definitions.

Quote:
The constitution doesn't say murder is illegal either.

The Congress is authorized to create laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.