Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2015, 08:58 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Illegals are working the "crap jobs" most Americans do not want to be bothered with for low pay and no benefits. The undocumented immigrants aren't working at Walmart or GM...they're doing lawn care and working on farms. All those guys getting picked up at Home Depot...do people really think they're getting in a truck and going to McDonald's or Best Buy?
Oh really? Just what are these crap jobs that most Americans supposedly won't do and why should they not expect a fair pay with some benefits? Americans won't do construction, landscaping and restaurant work? Since when? Illegal aliens flooded those jobs and low balled the wages. They aren't undocumented immigrants either they are illegal aliens. For farm work there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers. So you were saying? The problem is some greedy employers who want to exploit illegal workers to increase their profits while they and their illegal workers stab the American worker in the back while breaking the law.

We aren't stupid. We know that's the same reason that these illegal aliens are picked up in front of Home Depot. I know of an establishment here where illegal aliens hang out to be picked up for work. I have called the proper authorities and they won't do anything about it. Seems like our government, the employers and these illegal aliens have no respect for our laws or the American worker/taxpayer. We need new blood in the White House and congress that will enforce our laws and put Americans first. The question is why don't you care? What's your agenda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 09:02 AM

It's also nonsense to claim that prices for goods would go up much without illegal alien labor. In fact when you factor in the enormous social costs that are passed unto we the taxpayer by their presence here they are no bargain at all. We are probably paying more for a product/service by them being here.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:02 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Illegals are working the "crap jobs" most Americans do not want to be bothered with for low pay and no benefits. The undocumented immigrants aren't working at Walmart or GM...they're doing lawn care and working on farms. All those guys getting picked up at Home Depot...do people really think they're getting in a truck and going to McDonald's or Best Buy?

And then reality sets in...

http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/23/news...orker_arrests/

Chipotle Investors Seek OK For Deal Over Illegal Hirings - Law360

There are dozens of similar examples. All you need to be legal is a SSN and an ID. My state now issues them to illegals, as do five other states. A SS card can be purchased for $100. If an employee provides me with a SSN and a license, I have to accept them in good faith. My I9 compliance is complete.

The quick answer is E-Verify. The democrats oppose it vehemently.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:04 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal aliens flooded those jobs and low balled the wages. They aren't undocumented immigrants either they are illegal aliens. For farm work there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers.
Funny, that's what the right has been warning you about all along and all you did was attack them when they did. Hey, you wanted to parrot the liberal talking points. Enjoy the fall out of your blindness.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ok lets talk about how EBT cards is benefiting the big banks.

Each month, the three companies that administer EBT receive a small fee that can range from $.31 to $2.30 (or higher depending upon the number of welfare services on an EBT card and state contractual requirements) for each SNAP recipient.

jp-morgan-s-food-stamp-empire.html

See it benefits big banks to keep you poor and on the government dole. And do you think for a min they are going to give that up.
Big food, big sugar and big grocer also lobbies in favor of SNAP.

JP Morgan, big food, big sugar and big grocer employ a heck of a lot of middle class people.

Then there are the shareholders which include 401K and other retirement monies from the middle class.

The states are responsible for administering welfare programs and employ middle class workers.

Same deal with the military industrial complex.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, they could have started by putting an end to all the sanctuary cities.... oh wait... the Republicans tried to do that this week and the dems voted against it.
Not only that but the House GOP introduced a bill this year to implement e-verify across the board and end birthright citizenship for their kids. Two of the biggest incentives for them to come here. Think the Democrats will sign either bill? I think we know the answer to that one.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Not only that but the House GOP introduced a bill this year to implement e-verify across the board and end birthright citizenship for their kids. Two of the biggest incentives for them to come here. Think the Democrats will sign either bill? I think we know the answer to that one.
Democrats would rather allow a bunch of people come in undocumented which allows people, many who are not interested in working to come in, you know, the criminals.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
The problem is some greedy employers who want to exploit illegal workers to increase their profits while they and their illegal workers stab the American worker in the back while breaking the law.
What the hell did you expect? Let's just say, you've been warned and you ignored the warnings because of your blindness to the Democratic party.

Quote:
We aren't stupid. We know that's the same reason that these illegal aliens are picked up in front of Home Depot. I know of an establishment here where illegal aliens hang out to be picked up for work. I have called the proper authorities and they won't do anything about it. Seems like our government, the employers and these illegal aliens have no respect for our laws or the American worker/taxpayer. We need new blood in the White House and congress that will enforce our laws and put Americans first. The question is why don't you care? What's your agenda?
Uh, yes you are, you supported it because Democrats told you it is good, now suffer the consequences of your choice.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Oh believe me I know all about that-although I think recently JP Morgan got out of the EBT business-no doubt another bank took it's place.

The American Middle Class is old news and we are not needed as consumers in a global economic system.
That's not necessarily a bad thing, is it?

Old 10-25-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What the hell did you expect? Let's just say, you've been warned and you ignored the warnings because of your blindness to the Democratic party.

Uh, yes you are, you supported it because Democrats told you it is good, now suffer the consequences of your choice.
WTH? I am a Republican not a Democrat! I don't support illegal immigration in any way shape or form!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies