Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 01:00 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
Could right-wingers explain why they hate the government when they yet still use their services funded and run by them (public roads, public library, police, fire, city parks, public schools, social security, airports, etc.)?

That`s easy...because we pay for all that ****!

Last edited by momonkey; 10-25-2015 at 01:12 AM..

Old 10-25-2015, 01:40 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
I paid for all this crap. Why shouldn't I use it....

Old 10-25-2015, 09:25 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
Could right-wingers explain why they hate the government when they yet still use their services funded and run by them (public roads, public library, police, fire, city parks, public schools, social security, airports, etc.)?
Could you, as a left winger, explain why if someone disagrees with anything or anyone, you automatically apply "hate".

Beside that your question is idiotic.

We HAVE to use government services.

Most "right-wingers" are NOT against the services you stated.

Most of those are STATE services.

What we DON'T like is the waste, fraud and abuse of our tax dollars in both state and country.

If you don't understand the difference, there is no use trying to have discussion with you.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:34 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,881,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Oh man I feel bad for you that you'll only receive three time what you put in.

It's a shame we don't give y'all the *freedom* to starve in your old age.
Actually if you work a full 30 year career you do far worse off than if you invested the money yourself unless you're collecting spousal benefits for a non-working spouse. There are several reasons for this:

1) Pay-as-you-go rather than actual investing means no compounding interest. This is a consequence of paying for the first generation without them having contributed -- it's basically a giant implicit debt built into the structure of the program which will never be fully paid down

2) A lot of the money goes to disability rather than old age retirement

3) A lot of the money goes to spousal benefits rather than to workers

4) The program is incredibly progressive. You get a lot more back on your first few dollars of contributions and a lot less later. Since the base is 30 years of payments and a lot of people don't work a full career, what happens is people who did end up subsidizing those who didn't. If you work a full career even at relatively low pay you're on the losing end of this.

Saying people are hypocritical for taking the pennies back on the dollars they put in that they can shows a lack of thought at best and an intentional intellectual dishonesty at worst.

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Could you, as a left winger, explain why if someone disagrees with anything or anyone, you automatically apply "hate".

Beside that your question is idiotic.

We HAVE to use government services.

Most "right-wingers" are NOT against the services you stated.

Most of those are STATE services.

What we DON'T like is the waste, fraud and abuse of our tax dollars in both state and country.

If you don't understand the difference, there is no use trying to have discussion with you.

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I got drafted in 1969 and you credit the safety of my life to the feds? They did nothing they made us do it.

ohhh I see going to complain now?

Old 10-25-2015, 09:38 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Again, the OP didnt say you have no right to complain, he/she simply asked why the dislike of government.
"he/she simply asked why the dislike of government."

No, he specifically used the word "HATE", which the left constantly accuses the right of when they disagree.

There is a huge difference.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So why do you think you deserve welfare?

Physically not able to work?
Mentally incapable?

Do you pay federal taxes?
Why do you think taxpayers should pay more to use the same roads and bridges you use?
Why do you think other people should pay higher health care premiums than you do?
What makes you so special that you shouldn't have to work or pay what other people pay?

Because you're brown?
Note the race card that was pulled by him by tossing in the skin color card? Hmm, I wasn't aware that only people with brown skin color collected welfare. That's news to me. Yet, those like him have constantly stated that whites collect more welfare than minorities. Which is it? I guess they can't make up their hypocritical minds.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Anyone who isn't yet old enough to collect SS/Medicare will only receive a fraction of their contribution. The first generation who collected SS/Medicare were the ones who received multiple times their contribution. Each subsequent generation makes a larger contribution and sees a smaller return. The threshold where the contribution equals the payout has already been crossed. Future beneficiaries are on the losing end or in your chosen language, each generation gets a smaller and smaller piece of the pie. What kind of investment or insurance operates in such a way in private enterprise?
Not only that but our government "borrowed" money from the SS fund instead of investing those contributions and that is why there is a short fall. If the money had been invested no one would be collecting 3 times what they paid in. Besides, many Americans who die at a younger age will never collect what they paid in so it's a wash. I wonder what this hate-filled person you are replying is going to do when they retire....refuse the SS benefits available to them. Yeah, right. Hypocrite!

Old 10-25-2015, 09:50 AM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not only that but our government "borrowed" money from the SS fund instead of investing those contributions and that is why there is a short fall. If the money had been invested no one would be collecting 3 times what they paid in. Besides, many Americans who die at a younger age will never collect what they paid in so it's a wash. I wonder what this hate-filled person you are replying is going to do when they retire....refuse the SS benefits available to them. Yeah, right. Hypocrite!
I do wonder for those that hate the government they do need to move else where- get a divorce and marry another country-. those that love this country want to help make it work--from the top to the bottom--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies