Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 09:56 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
The problem is when people are not experts, they still think they can speak on terms

Nobody is saying he shouldn't have put hands on her. This goes to show the limited experience people have. It is not limited to discussion. She hit so now he can put hands. but flinging is an aggressive action.

All he had to do is clear the room and have the teacher remain. This way he would be able to conduct his detainment without the presence of others and risking injury to them. His actions could have caused other students to jump him.

officer safety is paramount and he blacked out. this scenario is not what you will learn on CNN or the academy...

define an expert???? I'm sure the police knows more about tactics then you and me.

a policeman putting handcuffs on a person that took a strike on him is an "aggressive action" in a school or outside.

if other students jumped in while the police is doing his job that an assault on a police officer and that has consequences too.....this is HIGH SCHOOL not PRE-SCHOOL............unless the student had a knife or firearm the police had everything under control.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:01 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
I think if we can "temporarily" forget about the racial identity of the girl and the police officer, we can keep a fair and balanced view about this whole unfortunate incidence.

It is very sad that police officer has to be called simply because an undisciplined girl refused to leave the class, but what else can be done?

It is difficult to watch, but if the girl could have listened to the teacher in the first place, this situation could have been avoided.

Hopefully, the police officer can still be able to keep his job. There is no reason for him to lose his job or being attacked or unfairly targeted. If you want to blame, then blame the training, blame the system.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:01 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
ok, that's a good option...........I have no problem with that.

maybe the school can make better procedures when this stuff happens.....but the other students are the losers. They lost their time with this reality show.....its a no win situation, damn if you do something about it and damn if you don't.
Well, I lose time from the office when I am sitting in traffic everyday . But i see where you are coming from.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:02 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody is saying that nothing should have been done.
Agreed. There were options. The class could have been dismissed the girl held back and her parents brought in. Being called from work due to your child being an idiot at school hits home. The parents either would have corrected their daughter or supported her behavior. If they support it then they would need to find another school to educate their perfect child.
A co-workers son was in detention and he decided to act out. Mind you he was 17 at the time. His actions included a cell phone, texting etc after he was told to turn the phone off. He instead made it a point to try and embarrass the staff. The other children were dismissed and his parents were brought in. They defended his actions. Their son was expelled and they had to find a school that would take him or arrange for private education.
There were options. I think the cop's pride was wounded that she didn't respect his authority and his temper got the best of him. He has the wrong temperament for the job.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:03 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
She took a swing at him first. There is "another video" that shows this.

This is just another incident of a black citizen misbehaving, recieving a counter measure, then crying and blaming "racism".

Sheriff Says 'Third Video' Shows South Carolina Student Punching Officer in Classroom - NBC News

All of these "black outrage" cases turn out to be hoaxes (like Tawana Brawley) in which the even was either fabricated or the "victim" got what they deserved. This is case of the latter.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:03 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
They announced this morning that there is a video showing the girl striking the officer before he put his hands on her. And there has been a history of gang violence at this school.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Do you work in one of these schools?
The teachers and educators ASK for the cops to be there.
I have kids in the schools. The local school didn't ask for it, the state funded it and $$$$$ can never not be spent. You can see the police department from the school.

Quote:
The black teacher told the student (we never did find out what the "disruption" was did we?) to leave, get up, put away her phone. She did not.
I agree.

Quote:
The black teacher supervior came in and told the student to leave, get up, put away her phone. She did not.
The black administrator came in and told the student to leave, get up, put away her phone. She did not.
I don't know these to be facts.

Quote:
Then the three black teachers and administrators, finding nothing else they could do to stop the disruption, probably sitting at between 10 and 20 minutes of classroom disruption for one entitled little **** called in the police. Now it's not a teacher or administrator problem, it has escalated into a law enforcement problem.
No law was broken so it should remain an issue for the school.

Quote:
The teachers and administrator want the cops there, because of this very scenario.
They want them there to avoid lawsuits for handling things like this themselves. I believe they should be able to.

Quote:
The cops job however is to handle situation with the least amount of force applicable. He should have cleared the other students out. I'm more worried about the girl working on her laptop behind the special one, she's jsut trying to get her work done.
He didn't handle it with the least amount of force possible.

Quote:
The girl is a fault. The cop should have been more careful but the ultimate responsibility rests with the girl. She defied the black teachers authority, the black supervisors authority, and the black administrators authority.
That does not excuse a law enforcement officer losing his temper and acting out because of that.

Quote:
Cops don't take ****, if its one thing we learn its that you better do what a cop tells you whether you agree with it or not.

Well, some cultures get it. Some don't.
Always about race with some people. I'm white.......I've told my kids to not back talk a police officer when they are wrong.

I've cussed at an officer and he told me that if I did it again he would arrest me. I told him he wouldn't as I am permitted to. (I didn't call him names)

Old 10-28-2015, 10:04 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
She clung to her desk out of fear.

When her desk was flipped, she grabbed for the remaining stable structure, the cop.

fear???? LMAO!!! If she had any fear, she wouldn't had let this situation get this far and the minute the cop went in the classroom she would have obey his command peacefully out of respect to the school and the other students.

in Latin countries they have an old saying that says: " una cosa es llamar al diablo y otra cosa verlo venir"

it means "its one thing to call out the DEVIL and another thing is to see the DEVIL come"

This is the best lesson she is going to get in School how to act in real life....next time in real life, Cops might not use this tactic and be so easy on her.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:06 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Agreed. There were options. The class could have been dismissed the girl held back and her parents brought in. Being called from work due to your child being an idiot at school hits home. The parents either would have corrected their daughter or supported her behavior. If they support it then they would need to find another school to educate their perfect child.
A co-workers son was in detention and he decided to act out. Mind you he was 17 at the time. His actions included a cell phone, texting etc after he was told to turn the phone off. He instead made it a point to try and embarrass the staff. The other children were dismissed and his parents were brought in. They defended his actions. Their son was expelled and they had to find a school that would take him or arrange for private education.
There were options. I think the cop's pride was wounded that she didn't respect his authority and his temper got the best of him. He has the wrong temperament for the job.
She struck him before he tried to get her out of the chair.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They announced this morning that there is a video showing the girl striking the officer before he put his hands on her.
No they didn't. They said there was a video that shows her striking him. They all show that possibility but it was when her arm flung back as she was falling.

One of the videos taken as a school resource officer slammed a student sitting at her desk at a South Carolina high school also shows her punching the deputy during the confrontation, authorities said Tuesday.

It shows no such thing.

There are at least three videos that have surfaced of the incident — which shows the girl flailing at the officer as he is already in the middle of flipping her chair over — and their distribution online has caused an uproar on social media.

Sheriff Says 'Third Video' Shows South Carolina Student Punching Officer in Classroom - NBC News

This is why BLM protests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies